PDA

View Full Version : Asv Levers

alberto
11-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I am tring to install ASV LEVERS on my son's 01. I will be installing them on RENTHAL Handel bars. The instructions said that I need to use a perch from a CFR. Has anyone out there done this install? Please help

deathman53
11-23-2008, 11:26 AM
what atv/bike is this? I have asv levers for crf450r's and trx450r, the clutch perch is complete. I didn't have to use the stock one at all.

alberto
11-23-2008, 06:54 PM
they are for my son's 01 400ex. I bought the holiday package last year for christmas and tried to install them this summer. When I went to install them the instructions said I would need the perch from a CRF. I called a local shop, but they wanted $75 to install them. Any thoughts?

deathman53
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
if you bought just the levers w/o a clutch perch, it would almost make sense. A common thing is to remove the clutch perch from the 400ex, splice the 2 wires leading to it together and put on a cr250 perch(same exact thing as a crf perch). It makes for an easier pulling and gets rid of the parking brake thing. The holiday packs I bought last year including the complete clutch perch w/lever and front brake lever.

alberto
11-23-2008, 09:53 PM
What are those two wires for? Do I need the little back box that they connect to? I was told to just ignore them? I can hear the little box click everytime I engage the clutch. I will check the package again, but I think it did come with a perch. What about the cables should I replace them too?

deathman53
11-24-2008, 05:27 AM
why replace the cables? If its not hard to pull or frayed why?? That black box is a clutch neutral relay, it only allows the starter to work if the bike is in neutral or the clutch is pulled in. If you splice them together, the only thing will be able to start it w/o the clutch pulled. W/o them together you can only start the bike in neutral. If it comes with a perch(like I thought all did), why do you need a perch from a crf??

alberto
11-24-2008, 10:15 PM
That was my original question. It did not make much sense to me either. The insturctions said that I would need a perch from a CRF I didnt understand why so I asked you guys. In doing so I saved $75 and a new found confidence to install the levers. I will keep you guys posted. To answer your question DEATHMAN53 the cables are good to go. I dont see any damage and they are not hard to pull. Once again thanks for the input.