PDA

View Full Version : do you agree or dissagree

woodsracer144
11-16-2008, 08:04 PM
ok so i had to do a paragraph for english 11 on and explain something.... i chose to explain why we ride and do things...
heres my paragraph

Lately I have had several people tell me I should do a few things different. One of the topics was to change my out of school activity s to something different and a bit more safe. All of these reasons people have said these are because of a miss understanding. The misunderstanding that I know that if I make a wrong move when I ride I could injure my self; and it could be injured major, in example become paralyzed, break bones and never be able to move like I did before. They misunderstanding the pride and joy I have when I am doing something that is so called “dangerous ” to them. The don't accept the probability of the chances of a out come of a situation that is at front and handed at them. Your odds of dieing on a motorcycle is 1,295 to 1, while your odds of dieing in a transportation accident is 77 to 1. Both of those statics are from the year 2000 and are in a persons life time. Your odds of dieing from a car crash are way higher. Everyone has had the enjoyment of riding in a car, yet when I ride on a motocross track people make a great commotion about it. We as motocross riders, racers and everyone that takes part in this sport knows what can happen. We do what we do because of the enjoyment we get when we do it. The same reasons why someone has chose the job of a teacher, a coach, is a star basketball or football player. We do what we do for different reasons. I do the things I do to make history in the sports I take part in and help further the sport. There is a difference between a fan and a racer, as a quote from Travis Pastrana., “...its a sport of complete insanity, theres no coaches no rule books no limits beyond your imagination...” .”...the score didn't matter, the money not worth the risk, that moment was the definition why people like us do what we do.” (if you would like to hear all of the quote see lock n' load on www.youtube.com”

this is the link to the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esUhL-EEpo8

im 17 and have no suport from my parents or any one at all besides a buddy... i just wanted to see why you other guys think about this... this whole this was started when i crashed about 3 weeks ago and fractured a few things in my neck.... and i was wearing a helmet... shes on all the time! but now i need a new one... anyway fire your opions!

thanks for your inputs...

woodsracer144
11-16-2008, 08:08 PM
here are the odds i used...
http://danger.mongabay.com/injury_odds.htm

woodsracer144
11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
ok theres 28 views and now one has replied... come on...

11-16-2008, 08:53 PM
whats english 11? college course or what?

wilkin250r
11-16-2008, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
whats english 11? college course or what?

He's 17, I doubt it's a college course.

I would take this to get reviewed by your english teacher BEFORE you turn it in. Ask him/her about some sort of tutoring program, either with your english teacher personally, or some other type of school program.

11-17-2008, 06:54 AM
to be honest, i hope that was a rough draft that will be proof read before turning it in. it was slightly confusing due to incorrect spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

although the concept is good, it is presented poorly.

SRH
11-17-2008, 09:05 AM
hmm i never been in a car crash but ive wrecked at least a few times each season since i been racing, most recently a paralyzing crash.....i think there is a flaw in your probability

bwamos
11-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Perhaps, you could explain how a Leatt brace could have potentially saved you from the injuries you sustained and how the proper gear can go a long way in making a potentially dangerous sport much safer.

Just a thought. ;)

Don't go in on the offensive. Take it from the humanatarian side. ;)

woodsracer144
11-17-2008, 04:36 PM
yes its a rough draft. and a Leatt (leate) brace wouldnt helped me... at all...

Lately I have had several people tell me I should do a few things different. One of the topics was to change my out of school activitys. People such as my doctor and a few other said something different and a bit more safe than motocross would be a good idea. All of the reasons people have said these things are because of a miss understanding. The misunderstanding that I know that if I make a wrong move when I ride I could injure my self; and I could be injured majorly, in example become paralyzed, break bones and never be able to move like I did before. They misunderstand the pride and joy I have when I am doing something that is so called “dangerous ” . The don't accept the probability of the chances of a out come of a situation that is at front and handed at them. Your odds of dieing on a motorcycle is 1,295 to 1, while your odds of dieing in a transportation accident is 77 to 1. Both of those statics are from the year 2000 and are in one persons full life time. While your odds of dieing from a car crash are way higher, people still say and think motocross, atv, dirt bikes are some of the worst things on the planet. Everyone has had the enjoyment of riding in a car, yet when I ride on a motocross track people make a great commotion about it. We as motocross riders, racers and everyone that takes part in this sport knows what can happen. We do what we do because of the enjoyment we get when we do it. The same reasons why someone has chose the job of a teacher, a coach, a star basketball or football player. We do what we do for different reasons. I do the things I do to make history in the sports, to take part and help further the sport. There is a difference between a fan and a racer, a quote from Travis Pastrana, “...its a sport of complete insanity, theres no coaches no rule books no limits beyond your imagination...” ”...the score didn't matter, the money not worth the risk, that moment was the definition why people like us do what we do"

i've had a really really rough past 2 weeks. I know that the typeing and wording to you might be hard to understand and i changed a few things around now... but that isnt near the point of what i am asking. i wanted to see how many people male or female have been told by people that they shouldnt do what they are doing, to go and pick something else as a job or a hobby because it was too dangrous. and also why do you do what you do now?

i know i have to go through and change a few things around yet...

what do you mean a flaw in my proablitity? i dont understand that?

i read a thing on the leatt (leate) brace... RC and bubba never wore one, there is only one time i know of where bubba has ever wore one and in the middle of the race he took it off...

my odds of what happended i thought were slim...

so you all might understand better my crash..

i got a SDG107 mini speed pit bike really cheap and i thought i would start som racing... i slowly build a mini moto track and then i had a double and there was about a 5 foot gap... after i rebuilt it i was over shooting it a TON! so i made it so you take the inside and clear it with ease or have it pinned on the out side and do it as a triple... i have a log under the tripple ramp. i was goin through the corner a ton to get the right feel... i was goin really good and i felt really strong about the jump comming to the corner, i was half way through and i told my self its now or never... as i came out of the corner my rear tire hit a rock and all my speed came to a dead hault, i didnt have enough time to hit the brakes or put to the other side.. my front tire was already off the lip of the ramp and i couldnt do anything...
my front tire came down on the back side of the triple and i went right over the bars... i couldnt even get my hands out fast enough... i did a few rolls and i some how was on my knees... a buddy ran over and i just took it easy for a little while... he gave me some water and i just sat there... my neck didnt really hurt at the time so i took it in to the house and i iced it for a while... that happened at about 10ish and it was about 2 now... my buddy wanted to ride so i went out there and watched him... i then threw a helmet back on and was just working on the whoops section i had... i was able to tripple the when i had my lanes set up... a hit a few wrong and that just sent a sharp pain down my back so the rest of the day i chilled on the seat of my quad watchin my buddy ride his bike... he then wanted to ride mine and i said go ahead and a half hour later he came out a corner wrong, laying the bike down and broke his arm... so our day wasnt goin too hot... my neck hurts and hes got a really messed up wrist. i drove to a hospital and we sat there for a really long time... they said that i proly fractured something in my neck ( the doctors around me are soem of the dumbest people i know) and i wasnt to be near a bike or a atv for 3 weeks... its been 2 weeks and ive been jettin adjusted by a chiro every other day... they said i would be able to ride now but the think it would be best if i would hold out till the sping and if i wanna ride just take it easy...

now i befoer i even started ridin and gettin ready for the jump i thought i would have 3 out comes...
A) clear it
B) the ramp would just fall apart and i would smoke the back side of my landing ramp or
C) case it.
i ended up with B... the ramp didnt really fold out on my but i smoked the back side of the ramp.

hopefully this will help you better understand

ProspectorJim
11-17-2008, 06:10 PM
RC and bubba don't wear a leatt brace because they don't like the feel, not because leatts don't work...

woodsracer144
11-18-2008, 03:08 PM
the leatt brace also causes the coar bone to break, the way i look at it is the spot is dangours, if you crash there are several thing that could happen and hurt you, if you think its is too dangours sell all the things tou have and find something els to do... you ride in a car and you know you could crash and die and injure your self but you still ride in them. what is the point of doing anything if your riding and you have to spend 2 grand on gear? I do think you should wear a helmet, gogs, and some boots, depening on what you are riding on a chest protector but the chest protector says on it that it is not made to say a persons life only protect you from rocks on roost. no matter what the factorys will do they can never give you enough gear to help you out and stay 100% safe. like i say this sport is really dangours, so you know what happends, like im sure if you would ask J. Jones or any one else that has had a major accdent on a atv if they ever thought it would happen to the... i bet you that they would say no, my shop teacher always says when there is a accdent its always happeneds to the other guy(so everyone that has read this would be the other guy) i know i never thought i would have crashed like i did and i never thought i would be doing what i'm doing now... theres more to a leatt brace... nothing is ever 100% save untill your dead..

ProspectorJim
11-18-2008, 03:50 PM
A chest protector saved my brother's life...
At our local riding spot, one of our friends added a lip to a jump but forgot to tell my brother. My brother hits the jump 3rd gear pinned on his Ktm 144sx. His front end went way down and he bailed out. His left elbow got completely shattered and his right had a hairline fracture. If he wasn't wearing his chest protector, he would've broken his ribs.

It seems like you're saying "this gear doesn't guarantee that you're safe 100%, so why wear it". Of course wearing all the gear is not going to guarantee that you come through a crash with no major injuries. It just gives you a better chance.

Minimum riding gear for me is a helmet, goggles, chest protector, and boots. I also usually wear my jersey, gloves, and riding pants.

woodsracer144
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
right there are times where a chest protector might do something... but im not lieing on my thor force chest protector it say s its not made to protect you from injure or death...

the thing im saying is that if you have to buy every single thing of riding gear i think its dumb... i can see if you get a elbow brace or a knee brace because its bad or weak but i dont think you need everything thats on the market, you might as well go to the nearest ups place and get rapped up with a butt load of bubble wrap...

but does anyone else have anything to feed in on this? or why you do what you do?