PDA

View Full Version : Pappy, can you help?

cglester
11-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Pappy, I did some playing around, and figured out how to resize, and post. However the quality of my pic that I post isnt that great. I have a Cannon RebelXT and have a nice little bit of change in this camera. I dont understand why I cant get good quality pic postings. I did some test posting and found the maximum size pic that I can post with the highest quality setting, and still not make my image too big. I will attatch a pic to this for you to see the quality. Is this about right for my camera or am I not doing something right???? Thanks in advance.

gcart2
11-16-2008, 06:17 PM
use this this (www.photobucket.com)

416exfreak
11-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by cglester
Pappy, I did some playing around, and figured out how to resize, and post. However the quality of my pic that I post isnt that great. I have a Cannon RebelXT and have a nice little bit of change in this camera. I dont understand why I cant get good quality pic postings. I did some test posting and found the maximum size pic that I can post with the highest quality setting, and still not make my image too big. I will attatch a pic to this for you to see the quality. Is this about right for my camera or am I not doing something right???? Thanks in advance.

Im no pro, but I think you need a little more lighting...

Try hosting your images on a hosting site, like photobucket or the like.

Pappy
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
The higher quality will affect the overall size limit for this site, so using a hosting service like suggested will help. Only so much info can be included in the 600x400 size that this site will allow and even when you have a high rez image at that size it can be to big. If your question is based to the quality of teh camera, I cant really help you all that much. If you do everything right as in proper exposure etc, you should be getting acceptable quality from almost any decent digital camera.

Just keep in mind that bigger isnt always better, the trend lately seems to be to post big sizes that just show a larger version of a bad shot. If larger is needed to show detail thats cool, but a full screen shot of a fuzzy picture doesnt do anything but take time to load and alot of folks are still on dial up etc. I know the second part of my reply isnt really aimed at your question, just something i've noticed lately:p

Ill try to see if you can see the differnce here. 1st is a link in full rez at 800 x 600 that is hosted and then linked

The 2nd is less quality at 600x400 for the site, uploaded as an attachment

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3220/2966307378_114efcbd7e_o.jpg

cglester
11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Thanks to 416exfreak, gcart2, and Pappy. There is a world of difference between a pic that is hosted and then linked, and a pic that is just uploaded. I am going to go join photobucket right now. Your pics are amazing Pappy, wish I could shoot like that!

cglester
11-16-2008, 07:16 PM
I joined photobucket and have a few pics uploaded to the site. Now if i could only figure out how to attatch a pic to this site from photobucket i will be okay.... i think. now i am confused?

Pappy
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by cglester
I joined photobucket and have a few pics uploaded to the site. Now if i could only figure out how to attatch a pic to this site from photobucket i will be okay.... i think. now i am confused?

copy the image location from your accout

use these tags

then paste your url between these tags [/img (I left out the last ] so you could see how it all goes.

You should get this
[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/3036137121_b71a2c2b3b_o.jpg