PDA

View Full Version : looking to replace eton 90r

jfwyatt
11-16-2008, 04:39 PM
I need a good replacement for my sons eton viper 90r. This things been nothing but trouble since we bought it the electric shift keeps messin up and it just dosent make enough power for the mountains of N.C. My sons got to keep it would out all the time to get up the steep trails we ride and on a number of occasions it simple stopped forward movement. the problems not on short hills but when your going up a mountain side. i would like something with more torque for the mountains and it would help if it was a bit bigger in size. my sons big for his age hes "56 tall and weights about 80-90 lbs. would the trx 90 be a good upgrade or should i look for somthing else?

86trizinger
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
My son has a 2003 trx 90.. he weighs about 80 lbs with his gear on.. It gets him up anything he wants ... I weigh 220 and it has no problem when we go to western MD.. May have to downshift but that is easy enough.. Never any issues at all .... Runs great.

We just bought him a DRR 90 because he really wanted an automatic and something easier for him to ride.. the TRX 90 was a little large for him leg wise .. he just didnt have enough clearance above the seat for jumps. We are getting ready to sell it but really would like to keep it. Nothing bad to say about the TRX90 for trail riding.. I love to ride it.\

Chris

etondaddy
11-17-2008, 04:30 AM
I know how to fix it........ buy Kyle's 2 stroke race motor, and exhaust for $850.00 + shipping and drop it in.

All you have to do is remove the motor and the wiring harness and install Kyle's motor that comes with all the wiring you need including the tether........ you would have to kick start it and shut it off with the tether.

I believe the mounts are the same but I'm really not sure is there two on top and one on the bottom.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Frame016.jpg

Mike Kozura

jfwyatt
11-17-2008, 05:53 PM
looks the same but ive already sunk too much into my sons viper and amm simply burnt out on etons but thanks for the info...

Rcarroll
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
Sent you a PM