PDA

View Full Version : Taking the fenders off.

ProspectorJim
11-16-2008, 04:29 PM
How do you take the front fenders off? I understand the tabs, but how do you remove the black plastic bolt that just has a small hole in it?

nbm
11-16-2008, 10:44 PM
you have to stick a small screwdriver under the inner head (The part with the hole in it)and pry it up, then you can remove the inner and outer pieces that clamp the plastic together.

ProspectorJim
11-17-2008, 07:18 PM
how should I pry it up? should I be trying to stick the screw driver under the head of the bolt(the part black part surrounding the circle)? I've been trying to pry it off and have only succeeded in making the bolt look like crap.

DGS
11-19-2008, 10:36 AM
They are actually rivets...i drilled mine out.. and i can now put them back if i want, with new rivets of course

nbm
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
Why are you removing the front fenders? If it's to cut the pink wire I know I didn't have to drill any rivets. It's easier to take the entire front assembly off as one piece (fenders and tank surround)

ProspectorJim
11-19-2008, 06:14 PM
I was taking them off because I liked the look of the DS without them. I already cut the pink wire.

Mr. Big Time
11-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Not to be rude, and I am not very good with tools, but it doesnt take a genius to get those rivots off. I put regular bolts in mine so its easy to take on and off. I always take all the plastic off and clean every bit of it after races.

younggun95
11-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I think it should be clarified he is talking about removing the actual fender pieces that most people trim not the rest of the plastic that covers the tank and everything else.

ProspectorJim
11-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Big Time
Not to be rude, and I am not very good with tools, but it doesnt take a genius to get those rivots off. I put regular bolts in mine so its easy to take on and off. I always take all the plastic off and clean every bit of it after races.

I didn't know that they were rivets until now.

Mr. Big Time
11-20-2008, 09:29 PM
DGS where did you get the radiator fins at?

DGS
11-21-2008, 01:02 AM
I got them from Can Am here in the U.K. Been trying to get more but none around. I could only get it with 2 lefthand mounts so i had to bend and shape it to fit...works great though..