PDA

View Full Version : best chinese quads?

jfwyatt
11-16-2008, 04:05 PM
which brands are the best? i know im talkin about chinese bikes but just need something to get my son through 1 more year until hes ready for a raptor 250. what is the best brand ie, kazuma, jet moto, red cat, v bike? dont have the funds for any of the jap bikes right now and have hunted everywhere locally for a used one . i know all about the negatives on chinese bikes just need to know which ones are the best.

QuadJunkies
11-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by jfwyatt
i know all about the negatives on chinese bikes just need to know which ones are the best.

I think you pretty much answered your own question..

I have kids who have been riding since they was 5 years old and as far as Im concerned, SAFETY, dependability and parts availibility is what would be my main concerns, not so much the price .
There isnt a cheap enough price tag to put my kids on any of the quads mentioned .
Sorry, but thats just my 2 cents worth.You get what you pay for ..
Your going to get bias opinions ,but really I would pay a few bucks more and get what I know has a good, SOLID reputation for another year .
My guess is your looking for around a 90 cc quad...
DRR
honda 90
APEX
LT80
Kymco
Predator
These are just a few I would reccomend .
I think you might be surprised how good of a deal you can find on a good used mini right now. the Market is FULL of ATV's . I dont know what your price range is ,but there are some out there.
My son too is getting ready to move up to a 250 next year ,but I feel helping him make the transition helps being on a GOOD Youth quad.

this also probably shoudl be posted in the mini ATV section,you will get more feedback there as well .

ProspectorJim
11-16-2008, 04:47 PM
My Dad started me out on an eton viper 90 about 5 years ago. We never had a problem with it. It was pretty fast for a 90cc as well.

416exfreak
11-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by jfwyatt
which brands are the best? i know im talkin about chinese bikes but just need something to get my son through 1 more year until hes ready for a raptor 250. what is the best brand ie, kazuma, jet moto, red cat, v bike? dont have the funds for any of the jap bikes right now and have hunted everywhere locally for a used one . i know all about the negatives on chinese bikes just need to know which ones are the best.

If you dont have the cash to spend on a good quad, then save your money until you do. Dont put your childs safety on a cheap machine, you will regret it.

Also, when you try to sell the cheap chinese quad, youll be lucky to get 100 bucks out of it, even if its MINT. If you get a used Honda TRX90, or something along those lines, you might be able to get a decent sized chunk of cash to put as a down payment on a raptor 250 or 250ex.

Either way, good luck!:)

csr250r
11-16-2008, 06:05 PM
My neighbor had one and it was a pile i think it ran right for maybe a week and a half and now all he has is problems.

greenblood01
11-16-2008, 10:14 PM
The sentence good Chinese quads is an oxymoron.

Robin Hood
11-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by greenblood01
The sentence good Chinese quads is an oxymoron.

Beat me to it.

smr
11-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Most chinese quads are junk but there is an exception......xtreme typhoon 90 and 125 are good quads. Plenty of parts and the people are good to deal with. We bought one 2 years ago and my little girl is still racing it today.