PDA

View Full Version : oil change problem

big jimmy t
11-16-2008, 03:29 PM
hey guys changed the oil on my 400 for the first time and everything went well except i was told to look for a sealing washer when i drained the oil tank, and there wasn't one. however, there was one on the crank case drain plug.

i assume this has to be replaced? i never had one apparently, but and it ran fine, so i don't know.

also, i ran my hand through the oil pan in case anything dropped in there, and i didn't feel anything. however, when I was draining my oil pan into my dad's oil storage barrel, i thought i saw a small green colored part mixed in with the oil. was that just grass or something, or are you aware of any green colored parts in the oil change process?

sorry these seem like pretty pointless questions, but it's been bugging me.

dariusld
11-16-2008, 04:55 PM
The washer would of been in one of two places, the bolt, or the bottom of the oil tank. The washer is a soft metal, so it would of been silver. Make sure its not in either place if you put a new one on,leak.

CJM
11-16-2008, 05:09 PM
If you dont have a washer get a thin cardboard box (beer cases work well) and cut a washer from that, works damned well.