PDA

View Full Version : GTT Rear Rebuild

KingpinsEx
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Looking into getting my rear shock revalved for the next mx season and wondering about GTT. The stock shock seems to work pretty well although I do tend to bottom out on big jumps and would like it to be a little smoother. With the stock hi/lo speed compression adjust. I don't really see a need to upgrade to aftermarket.I have heard good general reviews on their work but curious about anyones experience with the LTR. The kit comes with a link which is good, supposedly getting more travel. I was curious though with the revalve and spring change do they put a dual rate spring in? Any ride reviews or input on this setup would be appreciated or any other valving brand suggestions...

quad59
11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Look into someone else doing revalves for mx..all I'm going to say, TCS which is now race tech I think.

KingpinsEx
11-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Yea that what I was thinking too, not TCS for sure but I had a feeling that GTT was more XC riding specific. I was also thinking about TCS, Hygear, or SF Racing?

Fred55
11-17-2008, 05:26 PM
I have a GT Thunder rebuild on the rear of my LTR and it's great. Two of my friends also have then on their LTRs and I had it on my old YFZ as well. Laz is not just a XC guy, the rear shock works great for MX as well.

quad59
11-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Yea that what I was thinking too, not TCS for sure but I had a feeling that GTT was more XC riding specific. I was also thinking about TCS, Hygear, or SF Racing?

I had TCS and GTT so I can only speak for those two. TCS was way better. Both are improvement over stock but my GTT's would bottom ALOT.

KingpinsEx
11-20-2008, 07:19 PM
Do you have the TCS website or a phone #? Curious to compare them with SF Racing. Do you know if TCS utilizes a dual rate spring?

quad59
11-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Just google it i,t used to be tcs but I think they were bought by race tech. Yes they use a dual rate spring I think it was 500 for the fronts and like 4 something for the rear.