PDA

View Full Version : DVX400 help

RichM1983
11-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Hello everyone. I need some help. A freind of mine owns a small car dealsership and he buys used cars at auto auctions all the time. Every once in a while they sell repoed atvs and he bought a repo dvx400 and it didnt come with a key. So he wanted me to wire it up straight. I did some research and see that if I do wire it straight up it will kill the battery so I need to put a toggle on it. For now can you tell me what wires to wire directly together to get it to run. And also tell me which wires i need to wire to the toggle to get that to work. I would really appreciate it. I don't even know what year it is. I do know that it has 2 grey wires, two orange ones and a red one. Thanks in advance.

airmobile101
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Just go to the dealer and order a new switch with key. I think it would save yea a headache. Also check ebay. There are some on there now.

six_duece_z400
11-16-2008, 09:00 PM
yeah i agree with airmobile101, a simple plug in key switch and key is way easier.

RichM1983
11-17-2008, 03:20 PM
While I appreciate you taking the time to post a response your response is not helpful. I dont want to spend a dime on this bike since its not mine and he's not willing to either. It would be much easier to figure out which wires work to hot wire it up and see if it will even run. The bike may be junk and we don't know it yet. I just want to know what wires to splice together to get the bike to start.

250Renvy
11-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Rich,

Seeing as it doesn't have a key, there may be other connections it's missing as well. The best thing may be to email a local suzuki dealer and get a wiring diagram. I did that with a 300ex before.

I have a Z400, but as I just got it, I couldn't tell you.

RichM1983
11-17-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks 250r. I'll have to try it out because I've been having trouble finding a diagram.

airmobile101
11-18-2008, 01:42 AM
I just looked at my manual.It only shows three wires total. One grey,one orange, and one red. The grey looks like it powers the lights. So I would say put the orange and red together and see what happens. Also, according to the manual, there is no ground in that switch. So I guess you can tie all the wires together and give it a try. Hope that helps.

pondrat dvx
11-18-2008, 05:14 PM
I have an 07 dvx and lost my keys so i hot wired it. mine has 5 wires 3 large and 2 smaller ones. twist the three large wires together to make the atv run with the lights. the two smaller ones are for off. just remember to leave a long tail on it when u cut the switch off so when u get a new key u can wire the ignition back on.