PDA

View Full Version : Rausch Creek is permanently closing MX Tracks

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Wow, another one bites the dust. I am guessing there wasn't enough business to justify not developing this land for another purpose. Where does this leave everyone over in that area now?

link to Rausch Creek announcement (http://rausch.standingstonemedia.com/c_images/MXATV/RCMX%20Closure.pdf)

SRH
11-16-2008, 10:01 AM
why wouldnt they just rebuild a mx track on some of there other property?

ZeroLogic
11-16-2008, 10:11 AM
I never went there because the price was just crazy.:p But thats shocking, I thought they were doin good.

Ripitupfilms
11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
They are moving not closing. read the statement.

dan harris
11-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Sorry to hear about another Motocross Park Closing. Though when their price went up to $65 a day, lots of people predicted they wouldn't stay open long.

I feel bad for all the riders in that area that will lose their riding spot.

I welcome them all out to the Breezewood Proving Grounds MX Park. Although we may not be as close as Rausch we are conveniently located just off the PA turnpike in Breezewood. We have Camping and Cabin rentals right at the park. Our Prices will remain the same again this year with a one day weekend pass being $40 a two day pass for $60 and three days for $70.

Our season is coming to an end this December 1st. But we will re-open the park again March 1st. The last weekend in November - the 29th were having a Free Turkey Dinner inside our heated dining hall. I hope to see lots of new quad riders checking the park out, and look forward to hearing what they think of BPG.

dehner47
11-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by atvracer9m

please explain to some of us where in the statement that said there moving? it sounds more like there closing down not moving.

jrspawn
11-16-2008, 11:14 AM

All the statements ive seen and read state they are closing the MX/ATV park.

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 11:24 AM

I read the statement. It says they are closing and...

"Options for hosting non-member riders and adding motocross at the Rausch Creek Trailriders facility are being explored, but will not be acted upon in the 2009 season."

What press release did you read? You hearing something different?

deathman53
11-16-2008, 11:43 AM
that sucks, that place is awesome, although expensive. Now where am I gonna ride??? Nothing legal in NJ(but atco 3-7 times a month), next year I will have to drive even furthur to breezewood. Rausch was cool because they allowed my trikes also, I like them better than my quads. I too saw it coming also, when the price jumped up, attendance dropped. It looks like my dirtbikes are gonna get more and more riding.

Mxjunkie
11-16-2008, 11:48 AM
What a bummer.. I guess all of us guys in the surround areas have Breezewood and Blue diamond down in delaware, Has anyone been out there recently? I haven't had a chance to see if they have ever made changes to the tracks? now would be a good time to do so.

KXRida
11-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Yah I went there once. It was alright. The tracks were pretty cool, but it was SOOOO dusty it was insane. The $65 fee for driving 3+ hours wasn't too inviting either. Heck, I find it about half crazy to pay anymore than $20 to practice anymore. I guess that's what I get for running lots of private tracks haha.

TilltheEnd
11-16-2008, 12:52 PM
never got a chance to ride there, espically after watching some of the old huevos videos. hopefully there fincial situation works out and there able to get up and running again

11-16-2008, 01:14 PM
All the times I went to Rausch the place was DEAD. It was a fun track, they just never maintained it or watered it. Sucks to lose a riding spot though..

Dan, is breezewood open during the winter months?

Ripitupfilms
11-16-2008, 01:18 PM
they are moving to Where Tower City Trail riders is. which is about 10 miles off the same exit.

Also i dont need a Press Release to know whats goin on.

WhiteZrider
11-16-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure this is Rausch Creek. Sucks I never got to go, even though I'm close.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bp5--uZRjCI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bp5--uZRjCI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ripitupfilms
11-16-2008, 01:53 PM
Yes that is rausch In Its Prime

deathman53
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM
when was that taken? It had to be 02-04, they had the advanced mx track in the video, that became part of the dirtbike track in late 04/05. I loved the advanced mx track, I was sad to see it go. I have some video of me on it, airing out my atc250r and kicking *** on it. They had some big jumps on it. I remember one tabletop was real long, I have some pictures of me clearing it also.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/Cap0014.jpg.html
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/Cap0013.JPG.html
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/deathman53/Cap0004.JPG.html

WhiteZrider
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Don't know. That part is from Huevos 6, so when ever that came out.

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 03:18 PM
they are moving to Where Tower City Trail riders is. which is about 10 miles off the same exit.

Also i dont need a Press Release to know whats goin on.

The post was just passing the news onto those who didn't read about it. Bottom line is the press release says no mx tracks for 2009 for sure.

yellow400ex05
11-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
that sucks, that place is awesome, although expensive. Now where am I gonna ride??? Nothing legal in NJ(but atco 3-7 times a month), next year I will have to drive even furthur to breezewood. Rausch was cool because they allowed my trikes also, I like them better than my quads. I too saw it coming also, when the price jumped up, attendance dropped. It looks like my dirtbikes are gonna get more and more riding.

Does Breezewood allow you to ride your trike? I've seen you ride at Rausch and you can certainly fly on them.

I stopped going when they jacked there prices up.

Ripitupfilms
11-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
The post was just passing the news onto those who didn't read about it. Bottom line is the press release says no mx tracks for 2009 for sure.

i understand. they are planning on building them eventaully

XXX -rider
11-16-2008, 05:37 PM
there are no real plans for building another MX location presently

I was just there yesterday to meet someone to a bike,..
spent some time talking to Alex who has worked there for at least 7 years..he says they are even having trouble getting permits to build a small play track on the trail rider part of the property..trail riding is ll they will have from now on ...at least as of yesterday,.. this all info he had to share ..a warehouse is planned on the location

wvspeedfreak
11-16-2008, 05:41 PM
I never rode there but I always hate to see riding areas close down.

TRXNICK
11-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Suck that it is closing. I never went there but heard it was cool. Not to take business away from Dan at Breezewood, but for you guys in N.J. there is always Irish Valley Motocross Park in Paxinos, Pa. and MX573 Practice Track that is right outside of Montrose, Pa. I have been to both but I prefer MX573. It is just some thing to think about, if you dont want to go all the way out to Breezewood.

Ripitupfilms
11-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Irish Valley is horrible. all haggard, small , rutted from bikes, track are one quad length wide . my friends uncle own irish and he doesnt even ride there and he has both bike and quad

dan harris
11-17-2008, 05:00 AM
Unfortunately the Proving Grounds Closes for the winter - from December 1st until March 1st.

I have allowed 3 wheelers at the park, but only if its someone who really knows how to ride one. This is no place for a beginner on a 3 wheeler. But its always cool to see a trike 20 feet in the air.

Looking forward to meeting alot of Rausch riders who have never been here. Keep in mind, I'm a quad rider - and I LOVE Quads !!

133tmf
11-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Cant believe its closing man i had some amazing rides up there i basically learned mx there !!!!! when i began riding at the end of 04 on a stock raptor caught the bug and that was it i was hooked !!!!!!on any given day or weekend u could catch some of the fastest riders there wimmer, dunk , natalie , it was amazing !!!!!! but there are plans for more in the future well atleast talk !!!!!! lets hope so !!!!!! gonna miss all the employes u guys were great !!!!!!!!!no matter what people say it was a place to learn , have fun and rip sh-- !!!!!! and when it comes to irish good track more like a national track up and down natural hills really ruff !!!!!! everyones diff but i thought was a good track ust a haul 4 me !! were havin a good bye ride the 23RD bunch of d6 guys are headn up come up and rip 1 last time, hope 2 c u there !!!!!!!!!

BlasterBTW
11-17-2008, 04:32 PM
I for one am pretty disheartend by this. Rausch is all I've ever known. So many things happend there, met so many good people, had so many great rides, great jumps, great wrecks you name it! I basically learned to ride there, Rausch made me the rider I am today. The staff up there are amazing people. The girls are always friendly and do a great job. The track guys always groomed up the track every morning. The dirt that those guys had to work with is horrible, so considering that they did awesome. When it was time to build a new quad track, Alex came to the regular quad guys and asked us to help design it. How cool is that? Well I'll be up there on the 23rd for the farewell ride. Hopefully they'll get a new track up sooner than later!
Wilhelm #911

quad2xtreme
11-17-2008, 05:28 PM
I stopped going to Rausch years ago when the jumps got too crazy...long before the price increases. That video definitely brings back some memories.

08mxkfx
11-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I used to go Rausch before the split all the tracks up. When it was just the advanced track and the natural terrian track. That was when Rausch was sick. Then they started being biased against quad riders by not letting us on the advanced track and then they raised the fees so i left Rausch and started going to Breezewood which was one of my best decisions ever!