PDA

View Full Version : Need Hybrid INFO!!

KEVIN300A
11-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Hey guys I have been searching this section for awhile trying to figure out what I want to do I have a built 440ex in my 400 but I am thinking of making it a hybrid!! Whats one of the easiest motors to put in my ex frame and still make noticeable amounts of power over my 440.... Is there any threads with a how to and parts list of whats needed to build a hybrid?? Sorry for all the questions just interested in something different.... I was thinking either crf450 or yz426... any suggestions would be great... thanks

250x_kyle
11-16-2008, 12:25 PM
parts list:
motor
carb
wireing
radiator
oil tank (custom made)
some tubing i forget what size but i think its 1 inch with 1/8th inch wall
and a new spacer for the rear to align the chain.
i went to tractor supply and found a hung of grade a that was the same wall and size as the stock 400ex spacers.
kicker extention

the yz motors seem to be the easiest to mount up. and there is more of a difference in power than you would believe.

i have a yz400f motor bored .40 over, kibble white valves and valve springs, yz450f decomp cam, mild port and polish, and teh crank cand clutches have 40 hrs on them, i also have the carb and wireing , kicker extention, knuckle and lever, as well as a shorty knucle, over flow bottle and a yfz raditor i have for sale. ill throw in front motor horns already made, and two headers if your interested drop me a pm.

250x_kyle
11-16-2008, 12:49 PM
for got to mention a custom intake and a mid pipe.