PDA

View Full Version : mod sequence poll

Chet
11-16-2008, 06:32 AM
I have a new 07 400ex with about a tank of gas run thru it, still breaking it in but once a day or so I will give it a shot thru the gears to get the feel of the power, in stock form it seems to run out of top a bit early, sort of flat

I want to do a few mods to it, but I am looking for some input on what to do first to get the most gains, I am planning to do them all, but maybe I would be happy with one or a few and stay at that, so what would you guys start with, I am not planning to go inside the motor other than the Sparks key, and if I missed anything bring it up.

I am going to do the

Sparks key
slip on & rejet
air box lid mod
Uni filter

Thanks
Chet

11-16-2008, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Chet
I have a new 07 400ex with about a tank of gas run thru it, still breaking it in but once a day or so I will give it a shot thru the gears to get the feel of the power, in stock form it seems to run out of top a bit early, sort of flat

I want to do a few mods to it, but I am looking for some input on what to do first to get the most gains, I am planning to do them all, but maybe I would be happy with one or a few and stay at that, so what would you guys start with, I am not planning to go inside the motor other than the Sparks key, and if I missed anything bring it up.

I am going to do the

Sparks key
slip on & rejet
air box lid mod
Uni filter

Thanks
Chet

That stuff won't make a hells difference without an exhaust. The stock 400ex exhaust is one restrictive MOFO. That's why it runs flat on top end also.

Exhaust should be first then do the rest on your list.

bean2080
11-16-2008, 07:50 AM
if possible i recomend getting the air filter, jet kit, and a exhaust at the same time. like DMC said, they all kind of go together. after that you could get the timmimg key. as for exhausts, theres alot you can get for it. i just recomend a slip on, hmf is a popular exhaust and also white brothers. thats what a lot of people have but there are alot of other good ones out there.