PDA

View Full Version : lt 80 bogs out

skynbyu
11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
O.k. This thing is killing me...I have been through this carb about 6 times, it's got a fresh bore, new piston, new petcock, new air filter, new wiring harness...and it still bogs down when you grab a fistfull of throttle?!! I have done everything I can think of and it still acts like its sucking air (which it's not...checked) or losing spark. I changed out the cdi...nothing. It starts right up with the choke on but wont let you take it off till she's good and warm. Then idles/runs fine till you put a load on it or grab some throttle. I've checked and doublechecked everything all of you have mentioned with no luck...any fresh ideas from anyone?:(

etondaddy
11-16-2008, 02:52 AM
I just went through this with the carb thing........and I've had it happen to me before I cleaned the carb this way.....on a kfx80.

Read this
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370991

Mike Kozura

LT80
11-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Mike Kozura wrote::""When I'm done the d*mm things so hot I toss it from hand to hand untill I get to the work bench.""

Maybe with the 8500 you'r asking for the "slow stroke" you can buy some pliers. LMAO!!!

That's a good way to clean the carb tho. :)

skynbyu
11-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately, nothing I did made that carb work right again. I finally robbed the carb from the other 80 that is in full rebuild mode right now, slapped a new kit in it and it works great! I had already "washed" the old carb and flushed it with the hottest water I could Mike, but still no luck. I'm still curious about what "ball" thing is in the carb that the other guy was talking about in that other thread? Oh well...on to other things...I am doing the "beginner" clutch mods now and should have no problems with it. I cut the rears shoes down to 180 grams and removed 2 rollers up front, my only question is what kind and how much grease do I use on the rollers and is that all that gets grease is the rollers? The thing was pretty gunked up when I pulled it apart...lots of old hard grease in it. Thanks again for all the info! p.s. Jack, I plan on sending you the other motor for some porting etc probably after the holidays.

etondaddy
11-20-2008, 04:32 AM
Atleast we know it's in the carb......no clue on the ball thing myself. Try soaking it for a few days and try it again......what the h*ll.

Mike Kozura

LT80
11-20-2008, 07:46 AM
I use a high temp grease. Most any will do.
Just use a dab (what a q-tip will hold) on each roller. :)

skynbyu
11-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks again guys!Â_ Should have it back together today...my son Caleb is itchin to ride!Â_ :)