PDA

View Full Version : dynatek CDI, yes or NO??

288sunny
11-15-2008, 10:37 PM
I just got my full yoshi pipe on, bike runs awesome, i want to keep it reliable but quick, dont want alot of headaches. Would you recommend putting the dynatek CDI on or leave it alone?

others are telling me before CDI do the base gasket and the DRZ valve springs? I know this is kinda like, its in my best interest, but i hate to tear into the motor, just because. how hard and how much is it to do this? would greatly apprecaite the help and thoughts.

It also seems like if one is going to do the valve springs and the gasket, why not just do the 440 kit as well?

airmobile101
11-16-2008, 02:50 AM
If you don't want a headache, then get rid of the Yoshi and put your stocker pipe back on. Thats the best thing to do if you want reliability. Once you start adding stuff ,the reliablity factor starts to go down the drain. Thats with any bike.

Im sure you read somewhere all the stuff that you need to replace. The DRZ upgrade is cheap to do. I think I did my all together for $110.00 w/shipping. That not including the valves. That DRZ kit is for reliability purpose. To make that pretty 398cc engine bulletproof !!! May I suggest you do it if you race or ride the hell out of your quad. It will save you a headache.

From what I understand,the stock valvetrain can't handle the additional rpm's of the aftermarket cdi.Hence, the reason behind the DRZ upgrade. You can do the 440 kit, just depends how deep are your pockets. I opted not to do it for the reliability issue involved(more crap that can break).

If you just ride the bike every so often and don't beat the hell out of it or constantly hit the rev limiter,then I wouldn't worry if you add an afternarket cdi. Thats just IMO.

One thing I would check regardless, your cam chain. That cam chain tensioner eats cam chains !!!

cataway
11-16-2008, 08:51 AM
i have used the dynatek for 3 years now, no problems and i drag race , i dont have the drz kit