PDA

View Full Version : Who Fights?

JRP
11-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Starting to train MMA/UFC here shortly at www.thecavemma.com
. It keeps you in shape, and there is a career in it farther down the road if i get good enough. Has anyone fought before? Not gonna lie, I have no experience in MMA but do know a few submissions jui jitsu style. Thanks

JParisi48
11-15-2008, 07:09 PM
my sisters, old boyfriends, brother does it hes pretty good he fights for tapout, he said it takes up a loooooottttt of time though...

brian76708
11-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by JParisi48
my sisters, old boyfriends, brother does it hes pretty good he fights for tapout, he said it takes up a loooooottttt of time though...

my cousins uncles brothers son does to hahah jk

JParisi48
11-15-2008, 07:30 PM
hahaha i know i put in commas so he might understand it.

Nick110
11-15-2008, 07:49 PM
holy mother ****ing **** Pepper you have got to be ****ting me. You a MMA fighter? hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha

god your a puszy. Seriously though for if you ever go through with this I want to be there for ur first fight so I can make fun of the other person.

300ex mxracer
11-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Me and a few of my buddies fought at a amateur fight night about a month ago. nothing special, my bout lasted 57 seconds.

c450Razy
11-15-2008, 07:56 PM
have been for about a year now,2 fights so far.. bjj being my main principle (blue belt)... and yes if you plan on makin something out of it plan on spending alot of time on it.

11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
my cousin does and one of my party friends does

honda250xman
11-15-2008, 09:36 PM
nick let me know when you go ill go with you hahaha pepper are you stupid? haha

JRP
11-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by honda250xman
nick let me know when you go ill go with you hahaha pepper are you stupid? haha

daniel n nick, stfu hahah. Since racing is out of the question, might as well try something else. The worst thing that can happen is i try it, dont like it. I stop. I mean i might as well. Always been big into it, might as well try it lol

quad2xtreme
11-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by JRP
daniel n nick, stfu hahah. Since racing is out of the question, might as well try something else. The worst thing that can happen is i try it, dont like it. I stop. I mean i might as well. Always been big into it, might as well try it lol

Jordan, why is racing out of the question?

JRP
11-15-2008, 10:32 PM
to much $. I dont make enough to support it and the economy sucks so my dads business is doing horrible. I want to get a fulltime job so i can do it, but my parents say no cuz i have to go through college first. Sooo that leaves me with no racing and time to think about what im going to do with my life.... Not saying Im going to fight lol, but just to keep active while I go through college and get my degree.

Jake250ex
11-15-2008, 11:21 PM
I fight in the LFC and train at damage Inc.

the training goes hand in hand with the quad riding

My advice is to just get with a good group of guys to train with. The first gym I went to everyone I rolled with tought me a different way to do things and told me how I was doing was wrong :huh

dont waste your time lifting, cardio cardio cardio

11-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I fight in the LFC and train at damage Inc.

the training goes hand in hand with the quad riding

My advice is to just get with a good group of guys to train with. The first gym I went to everyone I rolled with tought me a different way to do things and told me how I was doing was wrong :huh

dont waste your time lifting, cardio cardio cardio

the Little***Championships? Damaged Children inc?

lmao sorry jk you set your self up for that one

JRP
11-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by hondarider11
Jordan so you are done racing? I thought it was just a winter thing. What are you going to do with the honda and suzuki?

Man I wish it wasj ust a winter thing but unfortunately its not. Im not done completely, ill hit a race here and there when i get some extra cash but nothing big. The honda needs to go asap, same with my 300ex(like brand new). Im going to keep my suzuki probably but we are gonna sell our gmc3500 and the rig. But since the economy is so bad no ones going to buy right now so its a lose lose situation.....

honda250xman
11-16-2008, 10:35 AM
damn jordan, that sucks. i wish you'd still ride. i thought we were stock boys for life? :-(

JRP
11-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by honda250xman
damn jordan, that sucks. i wish you'd still ride. i thought we were stock boys for life? :-(

dude i know, ill come down to ur house n ride though, and ill still b stock =] <3 (homo all the way for you)

Mxjunkie
11-16-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JRP
<3 (homo all the way for you)

Good luck in MMA with that.. :tired:

JRP
11-16-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Good luck in MMA with that.. :tired:

cmon now josh lol

11-16-2008, 01:18 PM
My friend and his brothers are real big into MMA. His oldest brother opened a gym or something down in Florida. I was at his house last night, and had to see Randy lose:(

FHKracingZ
11-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Thats B/s Pepper.. you never never never give up at something you love.. Everybody goes through hard times, if everything came easy we would have 100 pros.. Stick with the racing because if you think its cheap paying a trainer and being in the gym 5 days a week your crazy..

JJs450r
11-16-2008, 04:34 PM
if your only doing it for training take one of those kick boxing classes or something i boxed for a few years, and took karate for a few as well not worth the damage to the body if its just for training

JRP
11-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
if your only doing it for training take one of those kick boxing classes or something i boxed for a few years, and took karate for a few as well not worth the damage to the body if its just for training

nah im not doing it just for the training, i mean it plays in part but it would be cool to try something else. Like i said, if i dont like it, no biggie. It would be 50 bucks a month at the cave. but thats mainly the stand up game, not so much ground game. I know jui jitsu classes would be 150 a month, which still isn't bad. IDK we will see...

450rcrazy022692
11-16-2008, 06:12 PM
I trained for about 6 months. Mainly did all stand up. I did awsome until leg kicks came along and after an hour of repeated leg kicks i was like F**K this. But im thinking about getting back into. After watching Brock win last night i kinda regret stopping.

Also like alot of people said the people who do it are complete animals. So i dont suggest hopping in the ring with just a couple months of fighting expieriance cause you will be in a cage with a kid whose a black belt and will F**K your day up.

klutch
11-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Well, I'm just gonna state one thing here. It may just be me but racing in my opinion is a hell of a lot more fun then karate was. I might only be 16 but I've been in different styles of karate for over half of my life. I have 2 black belts already and its all been fun, been to a few tournaments and all. I enjoy racing soo much more. I mean theres no comparisan between the two. Try something else that atleast goes along the lines of what you love.

Wills77
11-16-2008, 06:55 PM
sell your huge trailer, down grade your truck a lil, keep one quad.... you should have enough $ left to do alot next season... some pros dont even have the setup you had as a C class racer

madskrillz2
11-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I hate how since UFC went, I guess you could say "mainstream", every-****ing-body thinks they're a fighter and wants to train. Pepper, I'm not saying you're one of those, it just seems like EVERYONE around here is "training" or claiming they are. It just makes me sick when I ask somebody what submissions they know and they immediately say rear naked choke. Makes me want to put them in a gogoplata. Lmao

Jake250ex
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
I hate how since UFC went, I guess you could say "mainstream", every-****ing-body thinks they're a fighter and wants to train. Pepper, I'm not saying you're one of those, it just seems like EVERYONE around here is "training" or claiming they are. It just makes me sick when I ask somebody what submissions they know and they immediately say rear naked choke. Makes me want to put them in a gogoplata. Lmao

Yeah dude I agree. Theres alot of guys that shouldnt be in the cage at all, there is a guy 0-12 and is absolutely convinced he is going to make a career of MMA. And then theres the guys that dont even train and fight...

JRP
11-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Wills77
sell your huge trailer, down grade your truck a lil, keep one quad.... you should have enough $ left to do alot next season... some pros dont even have the setup you had as a C class racer

Problem being.... To get rid of all of those, were going to get raped financially. No way in hell were going to get a deal selling any of those. Unless shawn buys our rig, we will probably have all of these till the economy gets better and ppl start buying again

Moto49X
11-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Pepper training and fighting is fun. I took some lessons when I was in college but I stopped because I just never had time. Never went to an actual fight night either, I would love to get back into it though. If you can't afford to race this is deff. a fun alternative.

My neighbor has 2 sons who are amazing fighters, anyone BIG into the fighting scene might know them(PM me if you want info). I believe one of them won Nationals in some amateur ranks. They go out of country quite often to fight.

scottproquad
11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Ive been training now for almost a yr and the only thing i can tell ya. Is dont be afraid to get hit!!!! Cause you will!! My 2nd little sparing match in house I had my nose broke and 2 black eyes!!! Lol. but you will have good days and bad!!! Ive been out since oct. due to a brokin leg. Cant wait to get back!! Good luck and go for it!!! Never know till you try!!!

#88yfz
11-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Enjoy man, getting your face punched in just doesnt do it for me.

ALAMX37
11-17-2008, 08:47 AM
We have a open fight night at one of the better clubs here every other month. 8 oz gloves, a waiver, and $1000 prize. I dont train purely for fighting, I want to be ripped. But I really enjoy squaring off with someone, in whatever situation, the rush is the same. I was an all state wrestler for 3 years in high school and that helps a lot when you find the fight on the ground. I dont know about a career but as a side hobby fighting is awesome for me. I have always been a big guy and find myself getting hit by that drunk guy who thinks he can take the big guy at the bar to often.
I have to say I prefer to go at it with people who dont train and dont know anything about proper fighting style. It is all about having fun though, just remember that. And you will have your *** handed to you sooner or later, and it is never fun getting man handled.

JRP
11-17-2008, 12:48 PM
well im going up to the cave this week sometime to sit in and watch for a few hrs. Its every night, 7:30-9:30. Id train with all the fighters all week long. If i like it then it will be around 50 bucks a month and if i dont, then I can check out some other hobbies. My friend wrestled for 6+yrs and was on the varsity team as a freshman. He recently stopped because it got old and not fun anymore, but me and him have been lifting for a few weeks now, and since I am getting into mma, he will be training my ground game in wrestling, then show me some of the submissions he knows. I think this will be a great experience, switch it up a little. Still race here and there when i have the extra money

Moto49X
11-17-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JRP
well im going up to the cave this week sometime to sit in and watch for a few hrs. Its every night, 7:30-9:30. Id train with all the fighters all week long. If i like it then it will be around 50 bucks a month and if i dont, then I can check out some other hobbies. My friend wrestled for 6+yrs and was on the varsity team as a freshman. He recently stopped because it got old and not fun anymore, but me and him have been lifting for a few weeks now, and since I am getting into mma, he will be training my ground game in wrestling, then show me some of the submissions he knows. I think this will be a great experience, switch it up a little. Still race here and there when i have the extra money

If you end up not likin it, go buy a 50 man. They are a blast and pretty cheap too. You can wreck them all day long and keep ridin, haha. Talk a couple friends into gettin them and you guys will have a blast.

JRP
11-17-2008, 04:03 PM

Warnerade
11-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Its possible pepper...I'm workin on it, but still waitin for the pics dawg

JRP
11-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
Its possible pepper...I'm workin on it, but still waitin for the pics dawg

dude i sent em to ur email last night. I put the direct link and a caption right next to them just for you, ;) haha

Warnerade
11-17-2008, 04:57 PM
i didnt get it playa

JRP
11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
i didnt get it playa

sent it again

SlapNutz
11-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by JRP
nah im not doing it just for the training, i mean it plays in part but it would be cool to try something else. Like i said, if i dont like it, no biggie. It would be 50 bucks a month at the cave. but thats mainly the stand up game, not so much ground game. I know jui jitsu classes would be 150 a month, which still isn't bad. IDK we will see...

if yuo wanted kikked up, i can gladly do it fore free or nothin.

:mad:

ware the &*%#$%^ are are you, ill be thare to kikk yuo up ,

yuo bettre learn how to tappout first.

:mad: :macho

smartypants
11-19-2008, 08:30 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by SlapNutz

IOWAracer
11-19-2008, 08:44 AM
Ive been fighting for about a year Im 5-0 its alot of fun but takes alot out of you and you can get really F'd up but it is sweet waiting on a call back from the promotor supposed to have a title fight friday I am at weight but dont know if the other kid is weigh ins are tomorrow....

wantablaster
11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Ive been training for the past three years, started when I was a sophmore, I would stop during football season though. Id like to be able to get atleast 1 fight in before I go away to college, my main interest is standup, dont have as much fun on the ground but have to do it. I train at james simrell mma in scranton pa. jamessimrell.com
Brian Stann has trained at our gym beofre and Matthew Riddle from last season of the ultimate fighter trained at a partner gym and came down to our gym a few times to spar.

Ripitupfilms
11-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SlapNutz

hammered drunk

Jake250ex
11-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by wantablaster
Ive been training for the past three years, started when I was a sophmore, I would stop during football season though. Id like to be able to get atleast 1 fight in before I go away to college, my main interest is standup, dont have as much fun on the ground but have to do it. I train at james simrell mma in scranton pa. jamessimrell.com
Brian Stann has trained at our gym beofre and Matthew Riddle from last season of the ultimate fighter trained at a partner gym and came down to our gym a few times to spar.

Matt Riddle :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFzoWOb0BPg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MFzoWOb0BPg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SlapNutz
11-19-2008, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by atvracer9m
hammered drunk

to the dertpile yuo go, lfmao

dont wantnna get bannmned, yuo well lern to tappout:mad: :macho :mad:

kinda like Leszner is wut i will bring:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SlapNutz
11-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by smartypants
:eek: :eek: :eek:

;)

:eek2:

:huh

:D ______~~

ALAMX37
11-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Got a few questions. Fighting is a pretty brutal sport and their are many negs.
Have you ever been in a fight?
Have you ever been stuck real good and kept fighting?

When you jump in the ring things are very different than just scrapping with a dude at the bar. It is a ton of fun until you get beat down. It is like my motto for racing,
its not when, its how bad.

JRP
11-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Got a few questions. Fighting is a pretty brutal sport and their are many negs.
Have you ever been in a fight?
Have you ever been stuck real good and kept fighting?

When you jump in the ring things are very different than just scrapping with a dude at the bar. It is a ton of fun until you get beat down. It is like my motto for racing,
its not when, its how bad.

Nope never been in a fight before, just when messing around with soem friends. Ive been hit decently hard before in my jaw with bare knuckles. Stunned me lol but then i kept going. But like ive stated before(i think i did atleast) I have no fighting experience.

416exfreak
11-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by JRP
Nope never been in a fight before, just when messing around with soem friends. Ive been hit decently hard before in my jaw with bare knuckles. Stunned me lol but then i kept going. But like ive stated before(i think i did atleast) I have no fighting experience.

You better go get yourself in a REAL fight, with someone who's trying to knock your head in and see if you still wanna do it.

Your friends are going to stop when you say stop, and when you start bleeding. Go pork some dudes chick and let him find out about it.

If you like fighting him, chances are, MMA is for you.

Flyin-Low
11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I've been taking Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai classes for a while now at a local MMA club called The Caged Dragon.. Haven't even thought about actually getting in the ring and fighting yet, those guys are flat out insane.

Water Boy
11-25-2008, 05:47 PM
http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/qq349/Water-Boy_photos/motivational_poster011.jpg

trx310R#24
11-25-2008, 07:40 PM
:devil: i may have got in a few here an there... lol

madskrillz2
11-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
You better go get yourself in a REAL fight, with someone who's trying to knock your head in and see if you still wanna do it.

Your friends are going to stop when you say stop, and when you start bleeding. Go pork some dudes chick and let him find out about it.

If you like fighting him, chances are, MMA is for you.

Take this guys advice. I've heard many fighters local and in the big show quote this saying. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Basically you think you wanna fight until you get punched in the face. I mean who wouldn't enjoy beating somebody's ***? If it was that easy, then we'd all be fighters. Nobody likes getting punched in the face.

mat1977
11-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak

If you like fighting him, chances are, MMA is for you. ^Well put.

IOWAracer
12-10-2008, 11:36 PM
JRP you still planning on fighting?

I go to www.lonewolfmma.com

and www.kcxtremecouture.com

mainly Lonewolf as its my home gym and will be sanctioning my fights as im part of the team now my first two fights i trained my self and did well enough to be 2-0
The Couture gym I go to get some extra jui jitsu and work with a friend of mine that goes there...

Its alot of fun man dont let what these guys say get you down pain only hurts for a little bit and to be honest i dont feal it till the fights over so much adrenaline that it dosent really effect me

Let me know what all your doing at your gym if your going

and if you wanna learn some extra stuff go to www.submissions101.com

Broc

416exfreak
12-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Take this guys advice. I've heard many fighters local and in the big show quote this saying. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Basically you think you wanna fight until you get punched in the face. I mean who wouldn't enjoy beating somebody's ***? If it was that easy, then we'd all be fighters. Nobody likes getting punched in the face.

I hate getting punched in the face...:ermm:

Hey Jordan, if you decide MMA isn't exactly what you want, then there is always Kickboxing. That chit is FUN!!!!

And there's always just the twice or thrice weekly martial arts class. I loved just taking TKD when I was younger. I found that it actually helped me to not fight... martial arts will deffinately give you some self-descipline and some will power you might not have otherwise.

And in the event that your attacker is just that persistant... well, you can show him whats up!:devil:

UNBROKEN
12-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JRP
to much $. I dont make enough to support it and the economy sucks so my dads business is doing horrible. I want to get a fulltime job so i can do it, but my parents say no cuz i have to go through college first. Sooo that leaves me with no racing and time to think about what im going to do with my life.... Not saying Im going to fight lol, but just to keep active while I go through college and get my degree.

y not join the militery :macho theres good benifits and a nice enlistment bonus and u get job traning

Jake250ex
12-13-2008, 11:45 AM
I know this threads a little old, but I gotta update this now.

This is my buddy after his fight last night. This is in the ER at wishard, he lost vision in his right eye has a severe concussion. It looks twice as bad today.

You play, you pay

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/quadrider47/2.jpg

UNBROKEN
12-13-2008, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I know this threads a little old, but I gotta update this now.

This is my buddy after his fight last night. This is in the ER at wishard, he lost vision in his right eye has a severe concussion. It looks twice as bad today.

You play, you pay

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a61/quadrider47/2.jpg

dam did he get into a fight with a MARINE :D

Jake250ex
12-13-2008, 02:14 PM
haha no, I joke about that all the time though.

Army and Marines hate each other apparently...

The story behind this is that he used to train and be pretty good, then he inlisted and quit training for a few months. He got a call for a re match of someone he had already destroyed so he shows up and his opponets no where to be seen. So he fights a 140lb pro he (weighed in at 168) and this is the result.

What you cant see are the 100 some cuts all over his head from the kids knees. It was bad, it went knee knee knee in the clicnch, he dropped then got choked.