PDA

View Full Version : What could be the problem

adawg89
11-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Well today I put a space heater to the engine to warm it up. Like usual doesnt start up or even crank over the first time. So I decided to rock it back and forth well sure enough while holding the electric start and rocking back and forth started cranking over and sometimes it started but the damn choke had to mess with again.

What does this mean? Like there something in the gas tank blocking the tube? or what??

Thanks!

quadrider60
11-16-2008, 09:49 AM
it sounds like you have a dirty or bad connect of some sort go threw the bike checking one plug at a time cleaning with eletric parts cleaner

adawg89
11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by quadrider60
it sounds like you have a dirty or bad connect of some sort go threw the bike checking one plug at a time cleaning with eletric parts cleaner

Ok today I got it started up and running but what choke position is what? I had to do a cold start with choke lever all the way pushed up then after it warmed i put it all the way down which is only way stays on when warmed up.

11-16-2008, 02:12 PM
when the lever is pointing down, it is in off...when it is pointing to the front of the machine, it is on

adawg89
11-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
when the lever is pointing down, it is in off...when it is pointing to the front of the machine, it is on

choke is off as in the butterfly is open all the way or closed?

Pipeless416
11-16-2008, 03:16 PM
open/ not restricting air.

adawg89
11-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
open/ not restricting air.

Ok Thank you I really notice how it pulls when its able to idle just fine with choke off sometiems it idle with 2 clicks before the choke is fully closed. Should I do the choke removal or will I be doing it for all the wrong reasons?