PDA

View Full Version : Handle bars

Ohiostatefan
11-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Suggestions on new handle bars?
No, I didn't roll it or anything...I just have heard replacing the bars is a nice option and more comfortable.

Is the selection truly one of personal taste? And fitment is based on rider height?

If so, I am 6'1 and 175 lbs....

Suggestions and smart ***** comments are welcomed!

REPOMAN
11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
if price is a problem then flexx bars are my favorite out of all i have had

Rkangel7
11-15-2008, 05:27 PM
I think it is largely feel and fit.

I like Pro-Taper. I'm 6'5" and have Pro-Taper SE's in the ATV mid bend. I like them, but if I was to do it again I would probably go with the ATV high bends to make it just a bit more comfortable when standing. Other than this the quality of these bars is excellent.

Ohiostatefan
11-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks Repo....Price is not an issue...just want to try something other than stock.

Johnny Minehan
11-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Fasst.

04TRX400EX
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
It's all a matter of personal preference. I know this will sound weird but the way I figured out what bars to go with was like this: sit on your quad holding the bars. Then, move your hands up, down, and towards you (sweep) imagining the bars were in that location. Of course, try to keep your hands on the same level plane while sitting down or standing up. See where you think you would be most comfortable and then look for a bar that has the height and/or sweep where you think would be good. You can look at a Renthal bar chart to see what the stock "400EX bend" is and then go from there.

As for brands, Fasst Flexx bars are supposed to be the best (and most expensive) because they actually absorb shock. As for a normal bar, I always recommend Pro Taper.

pitchblack400
11-18-2008, 05:06 PM
Pro Taper are the best bars for the price in my opinion.

I have them on mine and have had them for around a year and i love them, mounted up nice with the big bar mounting kit from pro taper and like they was saying select the bend for your preference.

Chuck75
11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Well how do you know what all the bends mean? I've been shopping for a while and who knows what ricky carmichale bends are? with out buy ing a bunch and trial and error, how do you tell ? I'm only 5'9" 230lbs and the stocks aren't bad but damn my arms cramp. so where do you try a variety without spend a fortune and tring to sell the rst on ebay?

jeepthing07
11-19-2008, 11:45 PM
here are my pro taper mid bends they are a little taller than stock not sure if the cables are long enough cause the motors not in it yet.

http://i35.tinypic.com/25p0mz7.jpg

Rkangel7
11-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by jeepthing07
here are my pro taper mid bends they are a little taller than stock not sure if the cables are long enough cause the motors not in it yet.

http://i35.tinypic.com/25p0mz7.jpg

I have the exact same setup. It's a little close, but you should be fine.