PDA

View Full Version : 300EX Not running

thyman17
11-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi I just got my cylinder bored .70 over with a wiseco high comp piston and i got everything put back together and it wont run i got it to fire but now it wont run. I adjusted the valves and it still wont run. Im having soo much trouble with this thing. Its gettig gas and spark. I got it timed right. could it still be a little off and not run? i rly cant figure it out.

thyman17
11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Alright I got it running. All it was was the timing chain tensioner kept losening the chain up and it would skip teeth when i kicked it over. Now all i gotta do is fix some leaks and she'll be ready to race this winter

thyman17
11-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Ok i rode it for day and it killed and now i think the timing is off again. How could i lock up the tensioner so that the chain dont slip anymore....i rly need this help
i have another chain if i really need to put it on

hoogiesngrinder
11-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Might want to do a leakdown test if it jumped time while running. If the valves didn't make contact with the piston, put on a brand new timing chain and tensioner.

thyman17
11-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I tore into it tonight and sure enough jumped a few teeth but it didnt hurt new piston. I got my other chain and tensioner and it started right up no problem. Now i got oil leaks tho ugh. Time to get out the jb weld.

hoogiesngrinder
11-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by thyman17
I tore into it tonight and sure enough jumped a few teeth but it didnt hurt new piston. I got my other chain and tensioner and it started right up no problem. Now i got oil leaks tho ugh. Time to get out the jb weld.

:eek: JB Weld for an oil leak :eek2:

Did you crack the case or what?