PDA

View Full Version : raptor 700 ran out of gas...

project400ex19
11-14-2008, 08:10 PM
I have a 07 raptor and this thing ran out of gas and now will not run very well at all. I need some tips or advice.It smokes really bad and has a rough idle. I was thinking maybe tps but i don't know how running out of fuel would change that.

Krandall
11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I wonder if when you ran it out of gas it sucked some crap into the line or something, I know there's a filter somewhere but I am not sure where they are at. I would try either running some seafoam through it or maybe trying a higher octane gas to see if that'll clear it out.

-Randy
www.raptorsource.com

250r4life
11-18-2008, 12:39 PM
if it was hot i wonder if you burnt something by running it lean...

trx250rider
11-19-2008, 10:39 AM
i would have to go with Krandalls idea...you should take your tank off and clean it good..make sure you clean your fuel pecock also...if their a filter change it, if theres not a filter buy one at autozone and put it on..more then likely you sucked junk up from the bottom of the tank..in order for it to burn something up as far as getting to hot, it would of had to happen often..theres people riding all the time lean and it take weeks or even months to ruin the engine...

mcnugget22
11-23-2008, 09:24 AM
yeah ive run mine out and after i did... i took the take off the bike and cleaned it .. only problem i had was that i killed the battery trying to get it primed again but all is well now.