PDA

View Full Version : xbox 360 issues.

justin1022
11-14-2008, 05:03 PM
ok well i had a xbox 360 with the red light problem i cooked it. but i was dumb enough to rip it apart and then they wont warrenty it so it was sitting and my freind had 2 of them one was 100% and the other worked awsome just had a disc drive that was messed. so i asked if i can have it and he gave it to me now i swaped my disc drive from mine with the red light problem into the one with the bad disc drive because mine was good. and now it will only play dvds and not xbox 360 games. i was researching on the internet and found out that there is some kind of key you need to enter to make the disc drive compatable with the mother board of the new xbox. but that is all i no i couldnt find out were this key is located or how to swap keys.

i am hopeing someone on hear has came across a similar situation and knows what to do and can help me out.

anyone?

03pete
11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Don't tell them you ripped it apart. I got the 1 red ring that is not covered under the warranty. I called them and told them I got the 3 red rings so I wouldn't have to pay 100$ for them to fix it, and got a new one no problems.

justin1022
11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
hmm. i reallly didnt want to go through all that hassel because all i need t odo is swap this code to make the one i nthe mother board identical with the one in the disc drive i do not no how though. but i could try them i guess did yo uhave to send in your old one with the 4 red rings?

03pete
11-14-2008, 06:28 PM
No, I didn't have the 3 red rings, I only had the 1 red ring. I told them I have the 3 red rings because that's the only one covered under warranty. They don't check your xbox, they just put a re-furbished one in the box you sent and send it back.

justin1022
11-14-2008, 06:31 PM
ohh well i dont have any red rings so all they gata do is plug it in but i guess i can try. ill have t osee first if i figure out how to do that code and its simple ill just do that. because this xbox was virtually new just the disc drive was messed.

Ralph
11-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
ohh well i dont have any red rings so all they gata do is plug it in but i guess i can try. ill have t osee first if i figure out how to do that code and its simple ill just do that. because this xbox was virtually new just the disc drive was messed.

I think you found something related to hacking the 360 to play backed up games.

When people try to do this it requires certain drives so they swap them out. You may need to go through some exploits and then you may be in danger of getting banned from live if they detect a hw change.

justin1022
11-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
I think you found something related to hacking the 360 to play backed up games.

When people try to do this it requires certain drives so they swap them out. You may need to go through some exploits and then you may be in danger of getting banned from live if they detect a hw change.

see well i dont even want to do that. i dont really no what i read because is has all this weird stuuff like ASFA and stuff i dont no what it means all i want to do is put a key in my new disc drive to match the motherboards key so i can play games. it sounds like a real technical thing to do though would you no what to do?

gcart2
11-15-2008, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by 03pete
No, I didn't have the 3 red rings, I only had the 1 red ring. I told them I have the 3 red rings because that's the only one covered under warranty. They don't check your xbox, they just put a re-furbished one in the box you sent and send it back.

Correct!

i have sent off three :p

no charge yet:)

and when you get three lights its called "the ring of death":cool:

justin1022
11-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by gcart2
Correct!

i have sent off three :p

no charge yet:)

and when you get three lights its called "the ring of death":cool:

so even though i went into mine and swaped disc drives do you still tihnk they will take it? or should i put the craped out one back in?

250x_kyle
11-15-2008, 06:16 PM
there gunna know u have a differnt disk drive than the consle it self. put the crapped one back in it and send it in.