PDA

View Full Version : Are these bikes Xtremes?

Shorty700Raptor
11-14-2008, 04:06 PM
I found a few bikes that look real close to the Xtreme ATV's and I was wondering if anyone new if these were them just a different name. Here are the websites I found them on:

www.stewartmotorsports.net
click on Products at top of page, then click on JCL 125A on left side of page. It has a 3 speed transmission w/reverse and it's black with orange stickers. They told me this one was $1600

and then:

www.powersportsmax.com
click on 125cc Atv's, then scroll down, the name of the bike on this page is: BMS Atv E003 125cc. This one is a 4-speed semi automatic. The price was $1199 I think. There is also one on the left that is a manual transmission.

I also found one that is called a Rocky 125 from pep boys/BikezDirect.com Their # is 1-888-264-5172 This one is $1150

Any help would be appreciated!

lilman
11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
hey ther i understand your confusion, have been there and made a choice ,the jcl is not even close it is the same as the midwest we have them here,you will break the back shock first day at the track fronts to follow,oh yah the rear swing arm is nit the same either this will colapse mabe before the shock breaks
the powersports is the exact same as above with dif colors
the only ones that are the same have crome arms and swing arms <oh yah the other swing arms are totolly dif as well>
if you find one with the crome parts the chassis is the same as the xtreme the xtreme motor is differant than any i actually prefer the single clutch on the good copies all motor parts for the xtreme fit these the nock off single auto clutch motors are more dependable i have tried both many dif combos pistons cams heads ,the bamx is one of the good chassis oh, with any of the good copies the frame under the motor is joined by a brace
arizona atvs has copies as well but not cheap you should be able to get one of the good ones for 1000-1200$ add a set of elkas and a scott cain or robbs racing or mcvay 125 motor on you will have a pretty good machine jafo on here has tons of parts as well for these i would strongly suggest against any chassis that dose not have the crome arms and swinger i have personally seen them in action, i hope this helps

lem dad
11-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Those are the junk that give Xtreme a bad name stay away If you want a typhoon try Thomas Motorsports in Crooksville Brent will help you or the Toy Store at Buckeye Lake the best way to tell diff is if shock mounts are on top of a arms

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03
EVS
Scott USA
X Treme Clean

Shorty700Raptor
11-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for all the info! It sounds like I should just find an Xtreme so I don't get stuck with a piece of junk. So in your opinion, is the Xtreme 125 the best woods racing/riding atv out right now other than the Cobra? We were looking at the Can Am DS 90X, but from what I've been reading, they are really slow! My son had a Raptor 80, when he would jump it, he would bounce around a lot after he landed...and it really wasn't all that fast. We used to have some Roketa 70's and the rearend was crooked no matter what adjustments I made it didn't help. They were pretty much junk and it's like once you have them, you can't resale them! I just want to make sure that I get a new bike that is nice and worth the money.

Thanks for your time!
Shorty

Shorty700Raptor
11-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by lem dad
Those are the junk that give Xtreme a bad name stay away If you want a typhoon try Thomas Motorsports in Crooksville Brent will help you or the Toy Store at Buckeye Lake the best way to tell diff is if shock mounts are on top of a arms

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03
EVS
Scott USA
X Treme Clean

Thanks for the info! I will definately look up the place in Buckeye Lake...that isn't too far from us!

Rcarroll
11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Sent you a PM

lem dad
11-14-2008, 07:50 PM
other than the cobra no mini quads are true race you will have to put a little time and money in any mini to build true race but the Xtreme is a good start we have had good luck with Dylan,s for us the 4 st was a learning curve and he had learn to shift but it works well I don't think I could put him back on a auto

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03
evs
Scott USA
Xtreme Clean

lilman
11-14-2008, 07:54 PM
i dont want to argue but if anyone has seen a xtreme with the shock mounts on top of the arm fill me in that is one of the flaws they came with from china or ckeck out the xtreme motor co web site the chassis with painted a arms and shock on top of a arm is a poor quality copy i have 2 2007 xtremes dc motorsprots did a short run on aarms which i have and all he really did was corect the mounting location as the geomerty although better than most stockers is limited

lilman
11-14-2008, 07:57 PM
when it comes to woods riding /racing you still have to be creative on your anti water device as with all open pod filters they love to suck water and stop your kid in the middle of the biggest puddle

lem dad
11-14-2008, 08:02 PM
most copys have mounts on top xtreme are on bottom can't say if this is right or wrong but some long travel after market a arms mount on bottom

Rowlands Motorsports

lilman
11-14-2008, 08:10 PM
ya your right the xtremes are all crome aarms and swng arms and the front shocks r mounted on the bottom of the arms.and there is quads out there that arent xtremes with the exact chassis the dif is the cltch set up i actually prefer the nock off single auto clutches .xtreme is trying out dif motors right now if you have the time the super typhoon is suposed to be coming <only 7months late as of yet but it is all aluminum with corected arms as well should be way more on target , i would sugest buying a quality copy and insatalling a trx 125 motor

Ride1Rob
11-15-2008, 05:33 AM
I completely agree with what has been said. The Typhoon is a very nice quad that has taken a beating because of the negative feedback on look alike copycats. Over a year and 3 months the only problem I've had out of my sons bike are the clutches. Sure there were a couple of things that had to be modified but that was minor for me. And there are more mods being made to get this motor to run with the 2strokes.