PDA

View Full Version : need advice on powdercoating

ballzdeep38
11-14-2008, 01:10 PM
ok so i want to get rid of the gold on my R. so i am thinking of powder coating my lower a-arms, and swingarm black and chroming my upper a-arms. i may just end up powder coating all four arms though. also i will be powder coating my hubs. my question is what will i need to do to the a arms to get them ready. i know i will have to remove the ball joints. how hard is this and will i need anything in particular to do it? the swing arm seems like there wont be anything of that nature to do. i know i will have to media blast them. also any recommendations on weather to go with flat black, gloss black, or textured black? finally i know others have done this, what should i expect to pay for this?

trx250rider
11-14-2008, 07:29 PM
im not sure about in your area but pappy powder coats..there is a forum here for you to ask him...my locally powder coater is fairly cheap..100$ for my frame and they do great..

deathman53
11-14-2008, 08:01 PM
the ball joints on stock a-arms aren't removable(except the lowers on 86). I don't know how you would go about chroming/pcing them. I don't think the ball joints can take the heat from a powder coater or the chemicals from the chroming.

voodoochassis
11-15-2008, 08:51 AM
have them bead blasted as it want hurt your ball joints..then blast away..

ballzdeep38
11-15-2008, 10:38 AM
i have room mate who has stock a arms on a 88 that are chromed. has anyone seen this or done it themselves? i would really like to find another option to painting them.

voodoochassis
11-15-2008, 10:27 PM
same here i bought a chromed set off ebay a couple of years ago..but yet again they were stock..