PDA

View Full Version : who wants to drag race?

mikebell72
11-13-2008, 09:59 PM
hey guys i do not see to many drag racers on here and all the other sites are all yamaha or honda, they have a new class this year that is oem frame and sb under 650cc class and bb over 650cc class for sand drags i am going to try to go to alabama in may, i think the polaris could kick some butt, i would love to get some help from a few guys on a couple of things maybe some light sponsership for the polaris.

i am working on the engine i think we will have plenty of power, i have a master pipe builder that will build a one off drag pipe and tune for the nos.

i do need some help with a light weight swingarm and some lightweight a arms and spindle mounts and even a lightweight steering stem.

any and all help would appreciated and also any ideas for saving weight

Preddys&beer
11-16-2008, 08:07 AM
What's done to your engine? Have you got a lockout clutch for it yet, this is the key to being competitive with the 450's in the stock bore, stock stroke 650 under class. I am looking for someone to machine a 450 lockout to fit the predator.
What intake are you running , swingarm, and sand,dirt, or asphalt track?

mikebell72
11-16-2008, 04:08 PM
the engine is not done yet cut7 engineering is doing the engine as we speak it will be over 600cc,custom cams coated piston etc and my goal is 75hp and low 53 tq. dds tony already has one of his engins and is very happy with it

we are building it for nos as well i think a 25 shot to be safe, the guy that will build my drag pipe will also make a lockup clutch, and a intake my bike will be the first one he has done so we are in a lot of experimental stages, if you have heard of nmotion he develpoed their pipes and they are killer on the yfz450 and honda 450, but think this ktm engine can outperform them if i can lose enough weight, which is where i need some help if any knows who can build a swingarm and a arms i will go with spindle mount fronts????? i think a plus 10 swinger but it needs to be light it will be sand drags 300ft

all of the outlaw guys can benifit from this project i will be happy to share info, but unfortunantly i am not independantly wealthy so any help would appreciated even if someone would build a swinger for cost it would help
i would just like to se somthing other than yamaha and honda out there,
i will see if kevin can make a lockup for the pred what kind of hp are you making?

Preddys&beer
11-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Are you on predatorowners also? I tried to get on there but I have Aol and it's a pain to get validated from there with Aol, so I just read post there,but I can't post.
Metal Tech in phx. az. Is pretty reasonable on swingarms and a-arms. They built me a 8" swingarm and +2"forward -1" width a arms, very good quality.
Far as horsepower I have not put it on a dyno so i don't know yet.

mikebell72
11-16-2008, 09:17 PM
yes i am on there as well those a arms sound cool i was thinkig +2 or +3 foreward did it help keep the front end down? also i will try to transfer the link to the race in may it looks cool, what kind of racing do you do?

Preddys&beer
11-17-2008, 10:55 AM
We mostly run 300' sand drags at Hassyampa wash in Az.

mikebell72
11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
do you guys run an oem frame calss? also do they split it up sb650 and under and bb 650 and over?
that is what i like about this new class no doubt it is tuff to run aginst a 907 raptor or an 870 ds!!!! what kind of times are you running wth the the pred, i also like sign in are guys that we hang had a password for are club it was titties and beer.

my sons got old enough to ride so we had to change it.