PDA

View Full Version : lots of problems with 07?

Crazy lil punk
11-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey guys,
I have been doing some research on the LTR's, and it seems like they have a tranny problem and a week rear shock mount or something like that? And I herd they tend to be a B*tch to work on when something goes wrong? I would like to hear some opinions from the people who ride these things, fire away!
thanks, Joe

miller821
11-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
Hey guys,
I have been doing some research on the LTR's, and it seems like they have a tranny problem and a week rear shock mount or something like that? And I herd they tend to be a B*tch to work on when something goes wrong? I would like to hear some opinions from the people who ride these things, fire away!
thanks, Joe

What do you mean tranny problem? Trannies going out, or the whine? The whine is a simple fix.... Just use the right oil and add a little extra and you won't hear a thing...

Weak rear shock mount? If your talking about the 2006's within a certain vin number not being welded completely around then you have nothing to worry about...

The shift pin has been a problem on all 3 years, but is fixed by a relocator piece you buy and install.

Working on.. Header is a pain to get off. (Seems like you can't get many tools in there..) I hear it takes a while to change your spark plug.... But I guess that's what practice is for...

Overall i'm impressed by mine and probably would buy it again given the chance. Every manufacturer has its weak and its strong points, and Suzuki is no different.. Some come out without any problems, but occasionally you may get a bad one..

LTRracer4
11-14-2008, 07:46 AM
they're easy to work on, its like anything else once you do it a bunch its no problem, i can have my top end off in no time. as for the tranny, i put a new one in, but i got a season out of existing one. and ive got more then a season on this one. Solid bike, 10 times more reliable then my yfz

Crazy lil punk
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
What do you mean tranny problem? Trannies going out, or the whine? The whine is a simple fix.... Just use the right oil and add a little extra and you won't hear a thing...

Weak rear shock mount? If your talking about the 2006's within a certain vin number not being welded completely around then you have nothing to worry about...

The shift pin has been a problem on all 3 years, but is fixed by a relocator piece you buy and install.

Working on.. Header is a pain to get off. (Seems like you can't get many tools in there..) I hear it takes a while to change your spark plug.... But I guess that's what practice is for...

Overall i'm impressed by mine and probably would buy it again given the chance. Every manufacturer has its weak and its strong points, and Suzuki is no different.. Some come out without any problems, but occasionally you may get a bad one..

Exactly what I was looking for.

As for the tranny, I have seen some real horror stories on here with pictures of chewed up tranny gears, thats what I was talking about.

And please explain more about this pin?

Crazy lil punk
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by LTRracer4
they're easy to work on, its like anything else once you do it a bunch its no problem, i can have my top end off in no time. as for the tranny, i put a new one in, but i got a season out of existing one. and ive got more then a season on this one. Solid bike, 10 times more reliable then my yfz

you only got one season out of the first one? Did it fail or did you just decide to replace it?

bmxican345
11-17-2008, 08:43 PM
the dogs on my 2n gear got completely blown off.

that was a good 500 bucks with my employee discount

other than that nothin wrong haha

LTRracer4
11-17-2008, 08:54 PM
you only got one season out of the first one? Did it fail or did you just decide to replace it?

When i tore my motor down, a few of my gears were stair stepped, so we replaced all of them.

miller821
11-18-2008, 12:00 AM
Exactly what I was looking for.

As for the tranny, I have seen some real horror stories on here with pictures of chewed up tranny gears, thats what I was talking about.

And please explain more about this pin?

In a nutshell... The shift pin is located on the clutch side of your LTR...It's a pivot point for the shifter on the opposite side of the quad...From the factory it pivots on a thin piece of casting...This piece usually tears and results in the shifter flopping around because it can no longer pivot and shift...So the relocation kit moves the shift point to a stronger piece of billet that is installed inside the case...Making it pretty much bullet proof...

The pin relocator is designed to keep the case from breaking when you land a jump on the shifter.

Keystone_Rider
11-18-2008, 03:27 AM
crazy lil punk, I own an '08 and have no problems with it as long as it is maintain properly just like on every 450. Ride Hard Man knows exactly what he is talking about since I agree with everything he had to say.

trx310R#24
11-21-2008, 09:06 AM
iv got 2 years out of my honda:D

yfz4504life
11-22-2008, 05:51 PM
i just traded my 04 yfz for a 07 ltr. best thing i ever did. havent had any problems with it

Motoracer13
11-22-2008, 10:32 PM
I've got an 06 that hasnt had any problems at all. I did the shift pin bracket thing and just maintain it well. Remember that almost all people will post their problems with a fourwheeler on the internet but only a small number will take the time to say they're happy with theirs. I LOVE MINE!:D

walty
11-23-2008, 07:33 AM
i had a 06, had the lekage point rewelded, and the shift pin relocator done ....250hrs later every thing is still good
my 07 still run very strong!!!

plus we did the baja 1000 in 07 (1300mi) with a 2007 ltr engine was stock ang we finish with NOOOOOO problem but had to change piston and rings and tow burned valve to resell the quad!!!!

ltr-91
12-22-2008, 09:11 PM
i've had my 07 for about 6 months now and haven't had any problems with it. way better than my old yfz. the tranny starts to whine a little if i'm riding hard for long periods of time but otherwise i dont hear it.

mikael1411
12-27-2008, 04:17 PM
i had 2 ltrs for the 08 seson, and the trany got broken on bouth bikes, but i havent had any other problem .. i love the suzuki, and i havent ride any quad that fits me better.