PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock setting

skillet
11-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I GOT MYSELF A EDELBROCK CARB. FOR A GOOD PRICE. ITS THE EDELBROCK QUIK SILVER SERIES. WHAT ARE THE STOCK SETTING THAT WOULD COME WITH THE CARB. I DID NOT GET THE TOOL THAT GOES IN THE TOP OF THE CARB, NOR DID I GET ANY INSTRUCTIONS. I KNOW ITS GOT THE 15E NEEDLE IN IT. HOW MANY CLICKS SHOULD I SET IT AT. AND WHAT OTHER SETTING SHOULD I DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE BOLTING IT ON.

jeepguy46126
11-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I just got one too and i am trying to figure it out aswell. I just emailed edlebrock to see it i could buy the tools to adjust it. Post up if you figure it all out . I will do the same .I have it on and it runs but not like it should so i have some adjusting to figure out.

mbellaver
11-14-2008, 05:52 AM
I had the same issue with my edelbrock on my predator. I found the installation manual on thier website.....you have to dig a little bit. I also called the support line ( I believe I had to choose the Harley Davidson carburator support section) and talked to them to help me do some tweaking. Call early in the morning cause it takes a while to get through sometimes, but they were super helpfull. I was missing some internal parts in my carb that they sent me for free. Be carefull when taking the bowel off the bottem. There is a tiny brass check valve that comes out and whoever had my carb before lost it. I'd check to make sure you have yours or else it will bog and die when you stab the throttle. As for the metering tool, you don't need it, but it makes it very easy to adjust the carb. In all, I like the performance of it and it simple to adjust, but get ready to have a sore thumb/hand until you get used to it. The accelerator pump along with a stiff spring makes it a much stiffer throttle!