PDA

View Full Version : looking for some aftermarket help on 08 apex mxr pro

reed19889
11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
i have an 08 apex mxr 90 pro its mostly stock all i put on it is a kevlar belt new rollers and clutch spring v force reeds i am looking for some help withinn this community on aftermarket stuff that has been working well for everyone else like engine work going to 28mm carb changeing to pipe and if so what kind seems to be working the best and any help would be great thanks

tyler70t
11-14-2008, 08:19 AM
If you want engine mods call Wiley mods, they are the best. For performance questions and parts get ahold of Paul @ 609 customs he knows everything there is to know about mini quads and can get whatever you need. 609-817-6315 or 609customs.com. If you deal with these guys you will have a super fast reliable quad!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeff

marsrace2
11-14-2008, 10:43 AM
yes the 28mm carb is a great upgrade, you are on the right track, the next thing you will want to do is get a pipe, I would get the SMS pipe or call Marc at HOTQUADS and talk to him about the power pro pipe. These are the 2 best things you can do without opening up the motor. When you are ready for motorwork there will be a ton of options on this site for you.

reed19889
11-14-2008, 12:20 PM
i found a carb on ebay its a keihin oko 28mm carb for 99.00 i wanted to know if its a good carb i wasnt sure because its a oko carb any can help thanks

marsrace2
11-14-2008, 12:23 PM
an actual Kehin will work better, you can get one from West Coast quads for about $150 if I remember correctly. The real Kehin carbs will work better and are easier to tune.

jetmedic
11-19-2008, 05:38 AM
Forget about making it faster. Make it safe. I was one of the first one to have an 08 and here is some things you need to do. Swingarm-gusset the lower part of round house where it meets tubing. it will break. Rear brake-cut down spacers on caliper to 75% there original size or the wear indicators will scrape rotor prematurely. Do not try to use all travel in front end the ball joints will bind and break. These items may be fixed already from apex but these are the probs i had at the begining of the year. After these items are addressed go as fast as you want.

reed19889
11-19-2008, 08:14 AM
i wanted to say thanks for all the help so far and i will check on the gussets and brake item also i just bought a 28mm carb and still looking into exhaust apex is suppose to be coming out with new exhaust also still looking for all the help i can get with in the community thanks again to everyone all help is appreciated

XXX -rider
11-21-2008, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by jetmedic
...... Do not try to use all travel in front end the ball joints will bind and break. .

I want to hear more on this ...

did you use the the OEM shocks or did you switch to aftermarket & then found the problem ?

basically how did you figure out the ball joints did this ?

MISSY'SDAD
11-21-2008, 07:02 AM
its very important that you use shocks tath are made the specific qaud you ride you should talk to les at extreme mini quads nw he went to the fox factory and left an apex they made shocks that work great on these quads never seen any body all season break any hime joints on the front in the worcs series (off road);) www.extrememiniquadsnw.com