View Full Version : Fox Evol Revalve?

KingpinsEx
11-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Just bought a set of used fox float evols and am curious about what goes into a rebuild. When you buy them new do they take your weight, riding conditions, ect into consideration? I know you adjust the settings using air pressure, just curios if they mess with the internals at all from the factory or are they generically set? Other than that just a seal oil change and your ready to go?

duke416ex
11-14-2008, 03:19 PM
The internals do change, there is still valving that goes into the shock. The air shocks just allow you to change what would be your spring rates easier. You can probably change them enough with air pressure to make up for things, but to be perfect you would want them revalves.

racernorris
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
fox evols will work for 100lb to a 350lb rider, without revalving, you change the evol pressure (spring rate) depending on the weight of the rider, you change the main chamber pressure (ride height) for the weight of the rider, then you adjust the rebound, hi and lo compression to suit your needs.

don't let all the adjustment confuse you! thats what makes these shocks the best choice. when i sell a set of evols i go over all the adjustments with my customer, and make sure they understand what each adjustment does, and on a rare few i do have to add limiters or bump spacer to insure that the frame doesn't hit the ground or to stop body roll. you will never please every rider with the same setup, thats what keeps me busy!

service includes seals, oil, lube, and nitrogen. revalving is not included in service! 1-800-fox-shox

norris quinn
quinn motorsports

KingpinsEx
11-17-2008, 09:21 AM
thanks for the input guys. I contacted a servicer and they told me that there is valving set from the manufactuer and to be perfect it should be revalved for your weight unless it is close to the same setup. However they also said that due to all the adjustments you can compensate for off valving but the previous shocks were set for a 180 rider and im about 165 so not too worried about it. This just confirms what you guys said. Think I will get it serviced though...

duke416ex
11-17-2008, 02:48 PM
With that difference the valving could still be almost perfect. Say if it was set for a 180pd slower rider and you are 165 but more aggressive, it could even out to where the valving would be almost perfect for you. But like was said with all the adjustments on the fox you should have no trouble.