PDA

View Full Version : doesn't want to stay running?...

spec
11-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok. So my head gasket went out in my ltr in the begging of august. I finally put a new one in this last weekend. All the timing should be correct on it. But now when I start it up it doesn't want to stay running unless you are sitting there giving it gas. I turned the fuel back on after hooking the gas tank back up, but it almost seems like it is not getting any or enough fuel to keep it running?.. The gas that is in the tank now is from august, which i know is getting old, but I just wanted to start it up quick to make sure everything was good on it and now this is happening. I will be draining that gas and getting some new stuff to try. But would three months really be long enough to make the gas crappy enough not to run? I can't think of anything else that would be wrong except for if maybe something with the timing?

miles Machine
11-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Reset your TPS to Spec

spec
11-16-2008, 10:11 PM
TPS??

atvmaster0927
11-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by spec
TPS??

Throttle Positioning Sensor

spec
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Ok. where exactly is that located? and how is it reset to spec?

quad59
11-21-2008, 08:38 AM
check you idle setting on the left side of the throttle body. Also check and make sure the fuel shutoff valve is all the way on bottomed out to the on positon. Another goos place for fuel restrictions on the ltr are the swirl tank filters. Should be replaced at least once a year.

trx450jason
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Any chance you took off the tiny vacuum hose and the efi unit. I forgot to put it back on once when I tore my quad apart and it wouldn't run without giving it gas but would fine otherwise.