PDA

View Full Version : DRR wiring harness bypass and remaoval

hotquads1
11-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I am sure this has been posted before but since I have had a couple of calls recently I am going to post fresh for anyone who may benefit . These instructions were passed on to me from the G-force site which they are found under the Tech area.
marc
Wire Harness Bypass
1- Take 2 wires (blk w/red & wht w/red) from the stator and plug them directly into CDI box (same color wires)

2- CDI wires (plug orange and black) Run orange wire to hot lead on coil and ground the black wire

3- The black wire left on the CDI goes to a ground

4- Make sure to run ground from engine to frame

If you have an aftermarket Kill Switch- Run 1 lead to ground and other wire to hot lead on coil. Be careful not to run hot lead on coil to wire on killswitch that runs to the metal exposed part of the killswitch.

travis rimmer
11-17-2008, 07:16 AM
whats the benifit

hotquads1
11-17-2008, 07:46 AM
People have different reasons for wanting to remove , we remove the harness on our race bikes to eliminate other possible failures and drops a few pounds ( harness , starter, battery, switches). About a 10lb weight savings.
marc

hotquads1
11-17-2008, 07:46 AM
People have different reasons for wanting to remove , we remove the harness on our race bikes to eliminate other possible failures and drops a few pounds ( harness , starter, battery, switches). About a 10lb weight savings.
marc

skyeryder
05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Brought back an older post

I have a friend who's having some electrical probs in his harness, so i think this would be the best fix for him. Just wanted to make sure of something. His only on/off this way would be the kill switch right??? Also has anyone wired up a dirt bike push button style kill switch to replace the red on/off on left handlebar. thanks

Team-Ty
05-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Well I asked this question awhile ago and never got an answer on it. Running the 50 limited class can the stock wiring harness be removed? I didn't know if it was legal or not.

jerkyboy
05-04-2009, 07:53 PM
No you can't remove it.

edwardsp&b
05-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Brought back an older post

I have a friend who's having some electrical probs in his harness, so i think this would be the best fix for him. Just wanted to make sure of something. His only on/off this way would be the kill switch right??? Also has anyone wired up a dirt bike push button style kill switch to replace the red on/off on left handlebar. thanks

yes the only on/off would be the kill switch.
i didnt wire a dirt bike button on this bike, but i have on others so i wouldnt see why it couldnt be done. i would call marc or gary just to see how. but the biggest weight savings is in the battery, so i would just use the kicker. just my 2 cents though.
bryan

bulldogfallon
05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Make sure you have a dedicated ground from the engine to the frame.....

Don't overlook this part of removing the wire harness