PDA

View Full Version : Ipod Guru's

derekhonda
11-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Well, my Ipod was stolen at the gym on monday, totally my fault...I left it out. It was an older one but I still hate to see it go.

Anyways, I am thinking about just buying a used one off ebay or craigslist, or just waiting til christmas and making that one of my gifts.

If I buy a used one, I have about 2500 songs that are still on my Itunes. If a used one has songs included, is there a way to add those on to my Itunes without deleting the ones I currently have? Also is there a good program (better than itunes) to let you combine lists and delete duplicates, ect ect? (I have heard about these where you could take like your ipod and 5 buddies ipods and then make one massive list of songs) Thanks

brian76708
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
yea there is away to keep the songs on the ipod and add them when its asks you to sync i think it gives you a options to sync manually and then you just have to drag and drop from your library to your ipod. oh there is a another program you can use instead of itunes but i don't remember it and i have herd of people using windows media player but its kinda complicated to get it to work.

coryatver
11-13-2008, 10:48 AM
dude its not your fault it got stolen. This society sucks people think if there is something in plain site unattended that they can have it its so messed up. Its a good excuse to get a new one though.

I would wait for christmas specials, also there was just a lawsuit against companys that make lcd screens becuase they were fixing prices and the ipod was effected and the price should be going down as a result.

XCAdam89
11-13-2008, 11:38 AM
There's a program called music rescue. Download it, install it on your computer then it will rip all the music on an ipod to a folder of your choice.

After you get it off your ipod, put all that music into the folder where you keep all your other music and just re-sync it. I had to do that after I got a new computer because every itunes library is different from another.

derekhonda
11-13-2008, 12:11 PM
Also, while I have your attention:

For starters, 100% of my itunes library is legit. When I lived in the dorms during college we had a 3m store (music movies and more) and you could rent a movie or 2 cds for free for a day. So I have an incredibly organized list of complete albums.

But, for some reason in one of my last "itunes updates" I can no longer burn those songs to a cd. I used to be able to drag the songs out of my itunes, create a little list in roxio and then burn it for a friend or for the truck, etc. Lately, its been giving me an error message and saying the coding is off. Anyone know what I am talking about and a way around it?

XCAdam89
11-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I'd try simple things first, upgrade to the newest version if you havent already. Also, most of the time if you have music in itunes windows media player will also recognize it. You could always try using WMP to burn your CD's or get the tracks and see if that works.

brian76708
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

For starters, 100% of my itunes library is legit. When I lived in the dorms during college we had a 3m store (music movies and more) and you could rent a movie or 2 cds for free for a day. So I have an incredibly organized list of complete albums.

But, for some reason in one of my last "itunes updates" I can no longer burn those songs to a cd. I used to be able to drag the songs out of my itunes, create a little list in roxio and then burn it for a friend or for the truck, etc. Lately, its been giving me an error message and saying the coding is off. Anyone know what I am talking about and a way around it?

use windows media player

madskrillz2
11-13-2008, 09:06 PM

Why don't you just use itunes to burn CD's?

derekhonda
11-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Why don't you just use itunes to burn CD's?

Ha, I guess I didn't even know that was possible! I'll have to look at it closer this weekend.

XCAdam89
11-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Yeah man, play around with iTunes, it does alot more than I thought too. I didn't even know you could share itunes libraries until I went to college.

madskrillz2
11-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Ha, I guess I didn't even know that was possible! I'll have to look at it closer this weekend.

Haha yeah I was the same way until I just happened to look in the bottom right corner after I made a playlist. You'll never use windows media again after you use itunes. It burns a 19 track CD in about 2 minutes. When I used windows media, it always took FOREVER.

stumpleg
11-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I agree with everyone else. Play around with itunes. I was skeptical, but I bought an ipod touch and so far I really enjoy it. I like that you can add the album covers to itunes and look at them for songs, instead of a plain list.

Also, does anyone know if you can burn a dvd to the itunes library like you can a cd?

sunco
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM
my kids 15 & he's due for a new pod - whats the kool one to have?

hondaking52
11-14-2008, 06:52 PM
while we're on the itunes topic, i got some music off my bud's i tunes and onto my comp, only i tunes on my comp will play it, media player cant even find it, any idea's?

justin1022
11-14-2008, 07:07 PM
there is a program just google take songs off my ipod onto someone elses itunes. and it will work. but if i was you id just get a touch. ther awsome.

Brauap
11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by sunco
my kids 15 & he's due for a new pod - whats the kool one to have?

I-TOUCH!!! :devil: Those are so awesome! Just my opinion, another kid around his age.. I think he'd love it! There soo cool!

madskrillz2
11-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by stumpleg
I agree with everyone else. Play around with itunes. I was skeptical, but I bought an ipod touch and so far I really enjoy it. I like that you can add the album covers to itunes and look at them for songs, instead of a plain list.

Also, does anyone know if you can burn a dvd to the itunes library like you can a cd?

Pretty sure you can.

sunco
11-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
I-TOUCH!!! :devil: Those are so awesome! Just my opinion, another kid around his age.. I think he'd love it! There soo cool!

I'll check that one out. thanx. X-mas is gonna be a few things & looking to be done by turkey Day. :(

derekhonda
02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
dude its not your fault it got stolen. This society sucks people think if there is something in plain site unattended that they can have it its so messed up. Its a good excuse to get a new one though.

I would wait for christmas specials, also there was just a lawsuit against companys that make lcd screens becuase they were fixing prices and the ipod was effected and the price should be going down as a result.

Well now Ipod #2 and zune #1 are both missing also. Thanks clinton county YMCA.

andrew450r
02-08-2010, 01:05 PM

Thats sucks man. I just got my 150$ boots stolen out of my locker a couple weeks ago

Exrider434
02-10-2010, 02:38 PM

what happened this time?

Honda4life05
02-10-2010, 04:38 PM
i just got new under armor gym shorts stolen out of my locker, pissed me off. but walmart has ipod touches now for $170! thats a steal compared to $300 when they came out.

dns1764
02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
my friend showed my how to download someones songs off their computer to yours. its a program called mojo. just have the 2 computers on the same network and run the program on both computers. its great for dorms cause there is dozens of people on it