PDA

View Full Version : Help Banshee problems

raceready12
11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
I have a 1997 Banshee and had it completely rebuilt, from pistons for crank to shift shaft, the whole nine yards. Rode it four times and the chain come off and busted the cases. Pulled the motor completely apart, replaced the cases, adn put it back together. Now it won't start. Changed the plugs and shot a little ether to it. It started but while running it cracks and pops and wont idle. i can pump the throttle to get it to rev up but if yoou just dump the throttle it wants to die. When you let out of the throttle it also dies. Still will not start without ether. I am afraid that i am going to hurt it. Will someone please help.

11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by raceready12
I have a 1997 Banshee and had it completely rebuilt, from pistons for crank to shift shaft, the whole nine yards. Rode it four times and the chain come off and busted the cases. Pulled the motor completely apart, replaced the cases, adn put it back together. Now it won't start. Changed the plugs and shot a little ether to it. It started but while running it cracks and pops and wont idle. i can pump the throttle to get it to rev up but if yoou just dump the throttle it wants to die. When you let out of the throttle it also dies. Still will not start without ether. I am afraid that i am going to hurt it. Will someone please help.

Do you seal the cases properly? It sounds like it's starving for fuel. Did you check the carns?

My guess is maybe it didn't seal right around the crank and it's sucking air.

djguestone
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Post up your list of mods & jetting specs.
So far it sound like an air leak or dirty air filter.
Is the crack/popping coming out both pipes?

asohagan
11-14-2008, 01:55 AM
are the plug wires on the correct cylinders?? has happened to me before

01shee
11-14-2008, 02:19 PM
sounds like a air leak. Spray wd-40 around your intake before and after the carbs while it is running. If it revs up then you have a air leak.

martimatt550
11-14-2008, 09:33 PM
more than likely air leak .crank seal,around the case Etc, ran to good before you took in down to be something other than something simple related to teardown:( :(

vjohnson
11-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Sounds to me like you could have plugged jets. Take the carbs apart and clean your main and piolit jets. This is where I would start.

loboboy
11-23-2008, 03:26 PM
you have a huge air leak, find it and fix it before you burn up the pistons. Also just a dumb question when you replaced the case you did get both upper and lower right????? They are matched sets and are not able to mix and match them at all.