PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to RATH Racing

Colby@C&DRacing
11-13-2008, 08:50 AM
C&D racing would like to express our thanks to Daryl and Jennifer Rath of Rath Racing for taking the time to help us with some last minute needs before the Heartland Challenge. I was in the middle of prepping our 08 outlaw when I noticed I had a bent inner tierod end but, It was to late to order one from Polaris. I called and spoke to Daryl about my problem and the next day I had a new tierod end, a custom set of tierods along with one of Raths new billet intake systems for the Outlaw. These new parts along with all the other rath products we use on our Outlaw performed flawless and helped us win the Industry class in the Heartland Challenge.

Look for a full review on all the Rath Outlaw products soon.

Thanks again
Colby C&D Racing

GE4x4
11-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I will agree there service and parts are top notch. I'm glad everything worked out for you at the race. I was wondering if you had the Outlaw because everytime results came up, they showed a Honda next to your name.:confused:

Colby@C&DRacing
11-13-2008, 02:31 PM
My Brother-in-law and I rode the Outlaw for 10 laps we wanted to stay on it but his Honda was better preped for the dark, and of course the wife ran her honda.

montycarlo
11-14-2008, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
of course the wife ran her honda.

You've been getting a lot of support and playing the Polaris fiddle a lot the last 12 months.... Any plans to convert Dusty? :D

Colby@C&DRacing
11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Playing the Polaris fiddle would suggest that the only reason I praise this machine is because It was given to me. This couldn't be farther from the truth. I have ridden a Honda from day one of my racing career and was pretty happy with them but I was given the oportunity to ride the new 08 outlaw 6 months before anyone else and was impressed with how far Polaris had come from the Predator days. At the start of the 08 race season ATVRIDERS and Polaris agreed to let me use one of there long term test units as my race machine. I am one of those guys that can ride just about anything and get comfortable on it in a short amount of time. I soon found that the outlaw can win races without breaking the bank. For the first half of the season I used rath nerfbars,prm bumper, beadlocks, flexbars, an HMF slipon,Rekluse clutch and reworked the stock shocks. I can honestly say this atv out handles my old honda hands down ( which is hard to admit for a shock guy) Mid way through the season I had the pleasure of meeting Daryl and Jennifer Rath, after that I installed a set of their XC billet hubs and XC A-arms. The Rath XC parts made this bike just that much faster in the tight woods by narrowing the outlaw to 46". Do I think the Polaris Outlaw is the best ATV on the market??? Maybe not for everyone but it is a darn good one for the money. My Outlaw performed flawless all season and helped take me to 2nd place for the year in a highly competative A class. All this with only some broken plastic, torn seat cover, and a worn lower steering arm. Look for me to be on an 09 outlaw next year.

As for Dusty, I would like her to try the 09 as it feels more like a honda, but she is not one that can adjust to different setups so my guess she will stay on her 06 honda. :)

SSJEFF
11-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I will agree that for the money you get a good machine. I have been preaching that forever. Glad to see someone else saying it.

TINKRD
11-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by SSJEFF
I will agree that for the money you get a good machine. I have been preaching that forever. Glad to see someone else saying it.

i caught alot of flack from friends for getting the outlaw, but from a avg. joe's perception, its a great quad. i have yet to be beat by any other stock quad out there. in fact, i've beaten up on some modified ones too :)

somewon
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN!!!!

I've been punishing mine this year at little Sahara, the MX track, Flat track, and an ATV rodeo, and in some nice Missouri muddy trails. All without making any major changes to the machine. Now how many machines can be that versatile and still be competitive???

BTW everyone wish me luck, I've got my first TT race this weekend and I'm hoping I DO place well and DON"T eat a wall.
My hope is that being able to adjust my entire right side vs. my left will help out against some of the SRA quads.

montycarlo
11-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Playing the fiddle was only supposed to mean that you've been actively involved with developing this into a reputable machine. I didn't realize it was free! :eek2: I didn't mean to jab you in the ribs and make things more expensive for myself! :D

Colby@C&DRacing
11-17-2008, 09:14 AM
NP I didn't really think you were jabbing me just want people to see this is a really good machine and with a few mods from companies like Rath Racing and C&D Racing it can be even better.