PDA

View Full Version : A dream bike, sort of..

rbgnwa45
11-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Whenever I buy a bike next, I'm going to have a hard time because I don't really like any of them. What I want most would consider stupid but I would see it as practical. Of all the problems I've had in the woods, they were because of either the size of the machine or the reliability. Im 5'7 and weigh 180lbs. I used to ride an XR100 a lot and it was great except for a few things, this thing could be a dream bike had of Honda designed it better. I prefer a small bike to travel long distances rather than any 4x4 quad or race bike, I can't afford nor do I want a 260lbs CRF230 pig. I want an XR100 looking thing that has:

no front brake but a disc in the back
a friggin huge gas tank
air cooled engine with no BS
7 gears with enough power to top out at 115 (so if i takes 117cc or 135cc or 157cc, use it)
really beefy suspension for a 200lbs rider with atleast 8" of travel and its setup for trails and it just won't bottom! I hate that feeling.
150-160lbs wet with lots of carbon fiber, a CRF100 is 170lbs wet
a really thick back tire because it's so easy to get stuck in the snow, yes I've done it!
really thick sprockets & chain (like 125/250 thick), with 125/250 thick CHAIN ADJUSTERS. OMG I HATE CHITTY CHAIN ADJUSTERS! They are SOOOO bad on XR's.

This to me would be like a mini baja bike for the woods. Something that won't get you there hella fast, but in the trails & woods you're limited to like 30km/h, but it's nice to go 100-115 on the open roads, I don't live near many trails but I live in the country. Cops don't pull over kids on smaller bikes around here either. The CRF150 weighs too much, the XR100 is too crappy. I want something in between with a higher top speed that'll handle a 200lbs rider for years and I want to beat the crap oughta it.

How much more weight would a 7-speed add and how much power (if the bike weighs 160lbs wet) would it take to reach 115 with decent accel. and without killing the engine too. I want like an XR100 with 30HP, that runs on pump gas etc etc..

Cr85rRida
11-12-2008, 10:32 PM
How about a Crf150f frame with an xr650/500 motor??

For additional parts add on a:

IMS Desert Tank for fuel
Thicker tire of your likeings
A light for the snow and dark/dusty spots
D.I.D chain with w.e sprocket set up

mxtuner
11-12-2008, 11:18 PM
why no front brake?

rbgnwa45
11-12-2008, 11:34 PM
I've never used a front brake in my life and I don't feel like adjusting the stupid thing, or going over the bars, or sliding while turning. Give me a great back disc that's smooth and will lock up and I'm good. It'll also be lighter on the front end.

rbgnwa45
11-12-2008, 11:40 PM
LOL would an XR400 motor fit in an XR80 frame? Probably not but that would be awesome, and it's pretty much what I want. Would you be able to hide a small turbo on an XR100 engine? I mean without the air filter sticking out etc? It would probably win play bike of the year having double the HP, add 7 gears, bigger tank, pegs, tire, sprockets/chain, and it's good.

Who makes turbos that small :huh ? and wtf would a turbo do to an XR100 :p

PunkA$$
11-13-2008, 06:30 AM
I think you want the Service Honda Junior X

http://www.servicehonda.com/junior.html

Only problem is, like most bikes it has front brakes:huh

Cr85rRida
11-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
I think you want the Service Honda Junior X

http://www.servicehonda.com/junior.html

Only problem is, like most bikes it has front brakes:huh

hahahahaha

i use my fronts just as much as my rear on my 250f

yfzrider310
11-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Im might have to be the one to say this so....are you retarded?

BlaineKaiser450
11-13-2008, 07:17 PM
i personally use my front brakes 75% of the time and the rrears 25% :confused:

rollie
11-13-2008, 07:37 PM
Give BBR a call, they'll build you one hell of a XR100, but it'll cost you!http://bbrmotorsports.com/Bikes/BBR_Bikes_Pages/Honda/CRF230/BBR_230/230_3.gif

woodsman250r
11-14-2008, 09:20 AM
You obviously don't know anything about riding a bike if you don't want a front brake and want a seven gear tranny on an XR 100! You should use the front brake about 90% of time, not the rear. And a super wide rear tire on that bike will just rob power on that small motor. And i don't know how you are going to get an air cooled motor with "no BS" other than an XR. Change the oil once a year on them and ride the snot out of it? How is that a BS motor? Sounds like the perfect bike for you is a Wildfire...happy riding.

ZeroLogic
11-14-2008, 10:37 AM
I'll have to disagree. I use my rear breaks more than my fronts. Sliding around turns with front brakes=no fun. However, knock yourself out with no front breaks.:huh

rbgnwa45
11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
It's great you use a front brake but I don't go fast enough to have to really use it, you can't use it while turning or you'll slide out, and yes I know how to ride you idiot, maybe I can't afford anything over 3G? If an XR100 had 6 gears, wouldn't it top out around 60mph? XR100s are dope, but the chain adjusters are crap, the tanks are small, and it only goes 45-50. The whole reason I want a small bike is because they're cheap and you can ride for a long time without having to re-fuel. Great on trails, and you can easily pull them out of the mud. The suspension may be horrible but I stay on the ground and go fairly slow. If I was racing my buddies I'd rather be on a smaller bike than a 125/250. My friend with a 125 goes down the road with a full tank and comes back a few minutes later on empty, over exaggerating but they consume a lotta fuel. I would NEVER take a 125 or 250 out on a long ride even if it had the fuel. Also keep in mind when I buy a bike I don't rip off the front brake I was just talking custom.

ZeroLogic
11-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Why not buy my bike. Its not to bad on gas.:chinese: :p