PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used this before?

Brauap
11-12-2008, 04:28 PM
I know 08400EX has used it but I was wondering is anyone else has? By now you are probally wondering what I am talking about.. I am talking about the Warn winch. It has a special attachment and then you have to buy the winch. I want the rope insead of the cable and it comes with a 40 ft cable (psh, I won't beable to find a tree that close) So I came across a 100ft sythetic rope. It says it fits and 9500 lbs or less winch and the one for the 400EX is 1500 lbs (the one that I want, I think 2500 is alittle overboard, don't you?)

Also, I can't find a price anywhere. I sent them an email, and I am hoping for a response.

Here are the links in this order: Winch Mount Kit, Winch, Rope:

http://warn.iwebcat.com/_Members/lookups/partdetail.asp?hdnPN=481631&hdnSts=0&hdnUK=31187&hdnQ=2&hdnLK=304&hdnLT=2&hdnOEM=1&hdnUniv=1&hdnAPFlag=&hdnWN=1&

http://warn.iwebcat.com/_Members/lookups/partdetail.asp

http://warn.iwebcat.com/_Members/lookups/partdetail.asp

leasureryan
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
winches on sport quads are retarded....everytime I see one I think...."what a douche!"

elmer91
11-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
winches on sport quads are retarded....everytime I see one I think...."what a douche!"

to me it depends on the quad, and the placement of the winch. like 08400EX has his in a great spot, hidden behind the bumper. other than that i would have to agree.

rob_990
11-12-2008, 06:47 PM
yea 2500 would be a little to much my dad has one on his utility and it has more than enough power.but why would you want one on a quad anyway. it will just weigh it down.

Brauap
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
It would be nice to have! The trails I ride, the peanut butter/clay mud I ride by my self, and the hill I can get stuck on, It would just be nice to have. Mine would be hidden behind an PRM Summit bumper. IDK what people think. I would be extremly nice to have. Its more usage than looks when it comes to the winch.

11-13-2008, 07:03 AM
i have thought about one, but i never ride alone...you should never ride alone...so there is always some one with me to help me get unstuck...but i never get stuck so...

Brauap
11-13-2008, 07:18 AM
I hate riding alone, but I am use to it. I almost always ride alone. About 95% of the time. No one else it as into it as I am. Everyone was but then they all had kids.. and it all went down hill. About once or twice a year I have a riding buddy tho!

11-13-2008, 07:24 AM
it is too dangerous to ride alone...i don't ride nearly as much as i would like because i will not ride alone...no matter how much i want to ride...
one little thing goes wrong and you get hurt and can't get out of the woods...you could be dead before you are found...not a good thing

Brauap
11-13-2008, 07:39 AM
If I ONLY ride with other people, I may only ride about 3 times a year.. for about a total of 24 hrs. MAYBE!

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I know exactly what you mean Brauap. It's the same for me. I ride about 75% of the time by my self to. All my buddies with bikes don't like riding as much as i do and when we are all out they only last about 2 or 3 hours at the most. So i ride by myself i know it is dangerous, but oh-well i would rather ride by myself then not ride at all.

Brauap
11-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by madmax400ex
... So i ride by myself i know it is dangerous, but oh-well i would rather ride by myself then not ride at all.

EXACTLY! And some of the mud and hills arond here are nasty, and everynow and then I get hung up on something, so it would be really nice to have a surefire way of getting me out of a perdiciment, as I am riding alone.

11-13-2008, 08:06 AM
that is why i only rode about 7 times this year...but my friends and family didn't have to go to my funeral either

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Well speedyquad - you do know you could die riding with friends to. Plus if i only went riding 7 times a year, i would sell my quad and by a motorcycle.

powermadd400ex
11-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
it is too dangerous to ride alone...i don't ride nearly as much as i would like because i will not ride alone...no matter how much i want to ride...
one little thing goes wrong and you get hurt and can't get out of the woods...you could be dead before you are found...not a good thing

exactly, its sorta like swimming as a kid, you always gotta have someone to have your back, just in case.
i always ride with someone, whether its my dad, or my brother, or my buddy, i NEVER ride alone.
but on the winch subject, you say you wanna race XC, well you better hope theres not any mx sections like in my races. the winch will make you nose dive extremly bad. but what do i know.

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
exactly, its sorta like swimming as a kid,.

Well can't say that i am a kid plus i always carry a cell phone in a zip lock bag, just in case.
I am not promoting riding by yourself, but if that is what you have to do to ride, then so be it.

powermadd400ex
11-13-2008, 09:03 AM
i never said you where a child, i said, riding alone, sorta relates with swimming alone as a kid.
but i understand, just take extra precautions when you do ride alone.

Brauap
11-13-2008, 09:06 AM
I dunno. It would be nice to have. But I prolly wont have the money after the rebuild. And I jump alot.. uhh.. it would be nice to have tho.. I am undecided now.

11-13-2008, 09:09 AM
yes i know that i can still die riding with a friend, but should i get into a situation where i was not able to help myself, at least there would be someone there to help me or get help. how would your loved ones feel if you went riding and never came home. do you think that they would enjoy looking for you and finding your lifeless body, knowing that your last hours may have been filled with pain and suffering...

and just for grins and giggles...one of these time you are out riding by yourself, stop and see how strong the signal is on that cell phone...i know most of the area i ride in, there is no signal at all

7 times a year may not be as much as i like, but it is better than not riding at all...

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 09:31 AM
and just for grins and giggles...one of these time you are out riding by yourself, stop and see how strong the signal is on that cell phone...i know most of the area i ride in, there is no signal at all

7 times a year may not be as much as i like, but it is better than not riding at all...

Verizon dude - never lets me down, everywhere i ride i have a signal.
Plus you are thinking way to much into the whole dying riding by yourself. Listen man - Death is always right
behind you with or without friends. For me i will never let life control me like that! I mean you could be driving by yourself down a country road, a deer runs out in front of you and you crash in the woods where nobody can see you and you die a miserable death, and there are a million different ways you can look at that!
And for my family - they would understand - It's called life.

mcwilly
11-13-2008, 09:41 AM
For the type of riding you do, it seems like it would be a must-have. Since you're not gonna be doing any MX racing, the added weight wont make much of a difference. There's an article in this months ATV Sport mag w/ a guy that races a YFZ w/ a Warn winch on it. Page 70. (He races in WORCS, AAMCO Arena Cross, MX Winter Chanllenge, NW Quad Nationals, Woodland MX and local grand prix and XC races)

coryatver
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Riding alone is not the best thing to do but I do it often. Just make sure to let someone know where you are going and when you expect to be back. Also about the main topic There is no way I would put a wench on a sport quad it would be useless. If you get a sport quad stuck you should be able to get it unstuck easily. If it is is stuck really bad and you need out without help you can always flip it over and out of the mud.

11-13-2008, 10:14 AM
i have verizon dude...3 miles in any direction from my house has absolutely no signal...

i have been close to death...i survived a tornado in 1985...my best friend and his parents were killed, as well as a neighbor and her 3 month old son....it could have very well been me. like you said it can pop up anywhere and at any time. taking some risks are ok, but some are not necessary. there is a risk in everything you do. but there are times when there is no good reason to increase that risk...

rising alone is like not wearing a helmet...it should not be done...

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 10:37 AM
i have verizon dude...3 miles in any direction from my house has absolutely no signal...

i have been close to death...i survived a tornado in 1985...my best friend and his parents were killed, as well as a neighbor and her 3 month old son....it could have very well been me.

rising alone is like not wearing a helmet...it should not be done...

Sounds like you need a better phone service, and
Riding alone is like not wearing a helmet - That's the craziest thing i have ever heard.
Sorry about your friends and their neighbors, but like i said THAT'S LIFE.
It sounds to me like you need to talk to somebody
about your problems. Like a Doctor.

Brauap
11-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mcwilly
For the type of riding you do, it seems like it would be a must-have. Since you're not gonna be doing any MX racing, the added weight wont make much of a difference. There's an article in this months ATV Sport mag w/ a guy that races a YFZ w/ a Warn winch on it. Page 70. (He races in WORCS, AAMCO Arena Cross, MX Winter Chanllenge, NW Quad Nationals, Woodland MX and local grand prix and XC races)

Thanks, I will go check that out. I must have skipped over that article.

11-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Sounds like you need a better phone service, and
Riding alone is like not wearing a helmet - That's the craziest thing i have ever heard.
Sorry about your friends and their neighbors, but like i said THAT'S LIFE.
It sounds to me like you need to talk to somebody
about your problems. Like a Doctor.

what problems do i have **** head...you crossed a line dip****...

when you grow up and gain some responsibility...you will see...it's not all about what you want right now junior...other people are affected by your actions and at some point you'll need to realize that. i have been on missing persons searches when i was in the fire dept...it is easy on the family...some have had good endings a few have had bad endings...having seen the bad endings first hand, i know i that i am not selfish enough to put any of my family through that by doing something as stupid as riding alone...the same accident that can cause you an injury without a helmet can cause you to become incapacitated
enough to not be able to call.

it is too easy for one to be missed if they are trapped under a quad that is off of the trail...and by the time someone realizes that you are not home, you may already be dead, but if you had a ridding buddy, you could have gotten help...

as far as cell service...i have the same as you verizon...there is not a cell service locally that has any coverage in the area...

Brauap
11-13-2008, 11:34 AM
what problems do i have **** head...you crossed a line dip****...

when you grow up and gain some responsibility...you will see...it's not all about what you want right now junior...other people are affected by your actions and at some point you'll need to realize that. i have been on missing persons searches when i was in the fire dept...it is easy on the family...some have had good endings a few have had bad endings...having seen the bad endings first hand, i know i that i am not selfish enough to put any of my family through that by doing something as stupid as riding alone...the same accident that can cause you an injury without a helmet can cause you to become incapacitated
enough to not be able to call.

it is too easy for one to be missed if they are trapped under a quad that is off of the trail...and by the time someone realizes that you are not home, you may already be dead, but if you had a ridding buddy, you could have gotten help...

as far as cell service...i have the same as you verizon...there is not a cell service locally that has any coverage in the area...

Dude... calm down. :ermm:

11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
if the presumptious *** hadn't have said that i need a doctor for my problems, i wouldn't have posted in this any more...i don't let people talk to me like that unless i deserve it...little boy needs taken out and beat as there was absolutely no reason to go personal with it...

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 11:49 AM
O.K. screw the doctor - you need a mental hospital.
I do have a family JUNIOR - so don't preach to the preacher. Just because you choose to always ride with a buddy, doesn't mean everybody has to follow your perspective of what you call responsible. My family means more to me then this whole world, but i have precautions like life insurance and a wife with a good head on her shoulders. So why don't you think before you post all this ridiculous comments about riding by yourself. Life will go on with or without me and YOU TO!

11-13-2008, 11:57 AM
what would make you think i need any kind of help?

what do you think your family would rather have...$$$ or you? think about that...ask your wife what she would prefer...i know what my wife and daughter would prefer

and what would you rather see in the papers...an "non" article about an atv rider having minor injuries or give the antis even more ammo for atvs being dangerous death machines...having killed yet another person because he was out riding alone...

how long would your wife wait before she called for help...would she know your exact route every time? would she be able to lead any rescue workers directly to you?

maybe there is more to what i am saying than what you want to believe because it does not serve your selfish reasons...but hey...they are the ones that have to live with the loss, not you...

it is just plain stupidity...just like you don't go spelunking alone, you don't dive alone, etc etc etc;

yes life goes on, but some people might want you in it...

madmax400ex
11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
I'll tell you what, you keep living your life like that, as pathetic as it is, But for me no thanks.
And for saying you would beat me up, the threats on the internet are for the weak individuals.
The only person who needs to grow up is you

11-13-2008, 02:11 PM
[i]all this ridiculous comments about riding by yourself. Life will go on with or without me and YOU TO! [/B]

Silly boy, what a stupid thing to say.

If you have family that care about you, you'd respect that. I couldn't imagine my boy growing up without his dad.

And if your wife had her head screwed on, she wouldn't let you ride on your own.

Braaap, get the bloody winch. Who cares what people think!

But you run the risk of looking like this \/\/\/\/\/\/

BossHogg420
11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
aright ya'll need to calm down if someone wants to ride by themselves so be, they have every right to. if they get hurt its their problem. As far as the media is concerned, it wouldnt matter if someone was riding with 100 people and they got killed they would still portray it as those evil death machines. but dont try and tell someone how to live their life.....that's a waste of time.

11-14-2008, 06:51 AM
what makes my life pathetic? because i put my family before my atv? i enjoy life to the fullest. is my life pathetic because i only ride 7 times a year? i get just as much enjoyment spending time with my family as i do riding, even more at times. My life does not center around the atv. there are more important things than a conglomeration of metal and plastic. as much as i love to ride, it does not define me. it is not my number one priority in life.

as a matter of fact, i would reverse the accusation on you. if your wife don't care that you jeopardize your family's future with you, then your life is pathetic. she must not care if your offspring grow up without a father. warning, i am about to sink to your level with an unwarranted accusation. could that be because you are not that good of a father?

unwarranted accusations suck don't they. you crossed a line and pulled me right along with you.

as far as me saying i was going to beat you up...i never said that, learn to read mervin, i said you need beat...someone should beat some sense into you, if not for unnecessarily insulting a person, then for the total disregard and lack of respect your show your wife and child

i am done with you and this topic...

madmax400ex
11-14-2008, 07:25 AM
you are unreal - You have a PM
Oh - by the way sorry for killing this thread Bruaup
People like that just tic me off.

Brauap
11-14-2008, 07:29 AM
what makes my life pathetic? because i put my family before my atv? i enjoy life to the fullest. is my life pathetic because i only ride 7 times a year? i get just as much enjoyment spending time with my family as i do riding, even more at times. My life does not center around the atv. there are more important things than a conglomeration of metal and plastic. as much as i love to ride, it does not define me. it is not my number one priority in life.

as a matter of fact, i would reverse the accusation on you. if your wife don't care that you jeopardize your family's future with you, then your life is pathetic. she must not care if your offspring grow up without a father. warning, i am about to sink to your level with an unwarranted accusation. could that be because you are not that good of a father?

unwarranted accusations suck don't they. you crossed a line and pulled me right along with you.

as far as me saying i was going to beat you up...i never said that, learn to read mervin, i said you need beat...someone should beat some sense into you, if not for unnecessarily insulting a person, then for the total disregard and lack of respect your show your wife and child

i am done with you and this topic...

You guys both have good points, but nither of you have the right to call each other "bad fathers" or to tell each other that each other have "pathetic lives". Now, it is time to realize that you guys need to grow up, because now you, an adult, have a 14 y/o telling you to grow up.

Just because you guys have different prespectives on life doesn't mean the other person is wrong, or bad. Speedy, it if fine that you only ride 7 times a year, thats good you care about your family so much, but that doesn't give you a right to call his life and his wife pathetic, just because he rides more than you. Its not right!

And madmax400ex, you need to just chill. Learn to not let things to get to you like that, you too, Speedy. Just because he rides only 7 times a year, doesn't mean his life it pathetic! But neither does yours. You both obviously have different views on life, and that's fine!

BUT THAT DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CALL EACHOTHER'S LIVES AND FAMILIES PATHETIC!

Grow Up! :rolleyes:

madmax400ex
11-14-2008, 07:35 AM
Your only 14! how in the heck are you getting that kind of money at 14 to be rebuilding your quad?

Brauap
11-14-2008, 07:43 AM
you are unreal - You have a PM
Oh - by the way sorry for killing this thread Bruaup
People like that just tic me off.

The fact that he only rides 7 times a year and is O.K. with that ticks you off?

"that is why i only rode about 7 times this year...but my friends and family didn't have to go to my funeral either"

That was his orginal comment that started you guys both up. There was nothing there for you guys to fight about! I don't want either one of you guys to think that I am taking sides, because I am not. But, with you guys both calling eachother pathetic, that just isn't right! I enjoy having both of you on here, but please don't hate eachother for having different views on life.

Speedy, your life isn't pathetic just because you ride only 7 times a year. It just means you take more precautions to make sure you will always be there to watch your child(ren) grow up.

And madmax400ex, your life nor your family is pathetic, just because you ride more than him! Its fine!

And with this comment: "you are unreal - You have a PM" He isNOT unreal, he is just cautious. You 2 better not be sending hate mail back and forth now. You 2 probally don't relize how much you are hearting each other, or could possible heart someone with your immature actions and words. Think before you type. The beauty of typing if once you type it, you can reread it, and analize it. If you realize its not nice, you are able to delete it before you send it. Unlike with talking, you arn't able to take back nasty things to say.

After this:

"I'll tell you what, you keep living your life like that, as pathetic as it is, But for me no thanks.
And for saying you would beat me up, the threats on the internet are for the weak individuals.
The only person who needs to grow up is you"

I was half tempted to close this thread down. Please make up and forgive eachother, and quit this nonsense!

Brauap
11-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Your only 14! how in the heck are you getting that kind of money at 14 to be rebuilding your quad?

Work, and I got money from my dirt bike.. I have right around 1100 right now. I will need roughtly about 400 more, however.

11-14-2008, 07:50 AM
braup exactly my point...he had not right going off on me and i don't allow that, over the internet or not...he pm-ed me first and i replied. he crossed the line first and i replied. notice the start of a pattern there?

Brauap
11-14-2008, 07:59 AM
braup exactly my point...he had not right going off on me and i don't allow that, over the internet or not...he pm-ed me first and i replied. he crossed the line first and i replied. notice the start of a pattern there?

But you don't have the right to point fingers! Your the the who threw the fuel on the fire by responding. If you would have just ignored the comment, neither one of you would be mad, upset, angry, sad, or had your feelings hurt now. It wasn't right for madmax to post about your beliefs, but it then wasn't right when you responded.

You however, wern't wrong for making your original post, but you were by reponding.

You guys just kept throwing more and more fuel on the fire. If you go and reread this thread like I just did, you would see what I am talking about. Everyone just kept trying to put a little something in their post to try to rattle the nerves of the other, and it seemed to work. :ermm:

11-14-2008, 08:17 AM
i know what you are talking about...but like i said, i am not going to let someone insult me or make incorrect assumptions about my mental health. he needs to realize there are some areas that he should not comment on with out feeling the repercussions. i just gave him a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it.

i don't actually care. i just don't put up with crap like that...i have the right to defend myself and i exercised that right by flinging the same right back at him...it was actually entertainment for me before i went to work. i am not angry, i just make it sound like that. i had to be on the same level as him to get him to see what he did was wrong. i don't like to do that, but i will if need be.

Brauap
11-14-2008, 08:29 AM
i know what you are talking about...but like i said, i am not going to let someone insult me or make incorrect assumptions about my mental health. he needs to realize there are some areas that he should not comment on with out feeling the repercussions. i just gave him a taste of his own medicine and he didn't like it.

i don't actually care. i just don't put up with crap like that...i have the right to defend myself and i exercised that right by flinging the same right back at him...it was actually entertainment for me before i went to work. i am not angry, i just make it sound like that. i had to be on the same level as him to get him to see what he did was wrong. i don't like to do that, but i will if need be.

It sounds oftly immature to me. But w/e. :ermm:

11-14-2008, 08:37 AM
like i said, i had to stoop to his level...you just don't talk about someone as he did about me with out expecting a backlash. the difference between his comments and mine is that he meant them...mine were more of a demonstration to get a veiled point across. i think that point became clear to him when i replied to his pm.

Brauap
11-14-2008, 08:39 AM
like i said, i had to stoop to his level...you just don't talk about someone as he did about me with out expecting a backlash. the difference between his comments and mine is that he meant them...mine were more of a demonstration to get a veiled point across. i think that point became clear to him when i replied to his pm.

I am not saying that he was right, but you didn't "have" to do anything!

madmax400ex
11-14-2008, 08:45 AM
i think that point became clear to him when i replied to his pm.
No actually i still think your foolish, but i am done with this so give it a rest.

11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
yes i did...i will not let someone talk about me like that...if it were just a little insult then nothing, but to say i have mental issues deserves a response. at some point, some one ha to let him know that it is just not right to talk ab out someone like that with out any reason. what would you have done if he had said you need to see a doctor because you wanted to put a winch on your 400ex? you would not have taken it lightly.

there are boundaries that should not be crossed and when they are there needs to be consequences. he crossed that boundary in a big way. he had to suffer some consequences. i bet now he may think twice before throws out an insult of that magnitude again.

madmax400ex
11-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Seems to me all you are trying to do is up your comment post count! and like i said before DROP IT!!!!!!!!!!!

11-14-2008, 08:55 AM
No actually i still think your foolish, but i am done with this so give it a rest.

wow...you are an idiot...i'll trade with you as much as you want...like i said, this is entertainment for me at this point.

in your professional opinion DR. Madmaxxhole, what issues am i needing help with. can you help me resolve those issues? Can I ask you this first Doc. I have always been told that a good psychologist will visit a psychologist also. Do you visit one? Are all of your issue being taken care of? As a possible patient, i would hope you addressed the anger issue that caused you to immediately tell me i needed to see one of your colleagues.

11-14-2008, 08:57 AM
i could care less about my post count...i only want one thing...although i don't see it happening, i am enjoying this.

madmax400ex
11-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Now you are showing your true colors so that everyone can see. do i need to say more - nope!

Brauap
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Now you are showing your true colors so that everyone can see. do i need to say more - nope!

There we go! Glad to see you bucked up and stopped, as Speedy keeps going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.. and going.....lol

11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
seems he didn't buck up and stop...he still posted...

i have shown my true colors from the get go...i said what my problem was and a big man would have done the right thing...

he was in the wrong with the unwarranted comment about me needed help. if you want to talk about true colors, his were there. mine were there also from the beginning. 99% of the time, i am calm and considerate. i said nothing negative until it was said about me. attack me and i defend. attack again, i fight back. any one would do this. keep attacking me, i keep fighting back.

read my posts, except for the ones to prove a point, none have been insult, yet every post from madmax has another jab at me in it.

again, attack me and i attack back.

and actually you do need to say more...what true colors a, i showing...that i have a sense of humor, that i have a back and will not allow someone to insult me for no reason? are those terrible colors to have...i would rather bear those colors than one of an egocentric insulting person.

but hey, i can do this all day...i'll keep returning your jabs...

madmax400ex
11-14-2008, 10:52 AM
LOL - and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going...
BLAH BLAH

Brauap
11-14-2008, 10:54 AM
seems he didn't buck up and stop...he still posted...

i have shown my true colors from the get go...i said what my problem was and a big man would have done the right thing...

he was in the wrong with the unwarranted comment about me needed help. if you want to talk about true colors, his were there. mine were there also from the beginning. 99% of the time, i am calm and considerate. i said nothing negative until it was said about me. attack me and i defend. attack again, i fight back. any one would do this. keep attacking me, i keep fighting back.

read my posts, except for the ones to prove a point, none have been insult, yet every post from madmax has another jab at me in it.

again, attack me and i attack back.

and actually you do need to say more...what true colors a, i showing...that i have a sense of humor, that i have a back and will not allow someone to insult me for no reason? are those terrible colors to have...i would rather bear those colors than one of an egocentric insulting person.

but hey, i can do this all day...i'll keep returning your jabs...

But MadMax400ex was the mature one and STOPPED! As you kept going.. and going.. and going.. (do you want me to post all that again?)

Brauap
11-14-2008, 10:55 AM
LOL - and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going... and going...
BLAH BLAH

lol

11-14-2008, 10:58 AM
a mature person would do something else...he is far from mature obviously...and out of comments

11-14-2008, 10:59 AM
BLAH BLAH

and what would this be...the same thing...

like i said entertainment...

Brauap
11-14-2008, 11:40 AM
You are right speedy! This really is entertainment! Seeing how long you will keep posting and all! Hahah I am having a ball!

Oh, and Madmax, he just PM'd, it sounds like he wants you to say sorry then he will quite. So, just say sorry ( you don't have to mean it) and hopfully he will quite posting and this thread will hopfully cascade into the pool of other dead threads.

11-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
( you don't have to mean it)

what good is a false apology...any apology now would be tainted because it was asked for...

i was actually in the process of apologizing when he pm-ed me...then the contents of that message made me realize that he did not deserve the apology. oh well...

sc400ex_rider
11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
WOW that's just crazy talk. i ride alone dont wear a helmet and dont ride but maybe 7 times a year. im really f'd up. :(

P.S. i try not to get to stupid but i have busted my aaaazzzzz before. i got some great stories about running out of gas and the battery going dead in the woods.

11-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm kind of siding with Speedy. I never go on serious rides by myself. Occasionally Ill hit the local trails down the road when none of my friends can go with, but I NEVER push my self and it's right down the street.

Brauap.. do what I did. I used to hear a piped 4-stroke down in the famers field on the side of out mountain. I always wondered who it was. This is also how I get to the local trails, through their property.
One day I heard them out and decided to take a ride down there and see whats up. I mainly just asked where they ride, etc. Now I ride with them a lot, and I learned a couple of kids on my bus ride.

So a year later, I have a ton of riding buddies. 2 blasters, 2 predators, a z400, a 400ex, and a bunch of utilities.

Go riding all the time locally now. All around my age so we just chill and hit the trails.

But places like Ashland.. my dad and cousin have banshee's and their friends ride too. So we all go together to places like that.

You don't want to be in the middle of nowhere.. with no cell service.. and hurt yourself. Yes, you may not die instantly in a bad crash. But what if your quads too damaged to drive? What if you're bleeding slowly and no ones there to help you? It's dangerous. Flat out.