PDA

View Full Version : Just got a new job...

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Well I guess I can let the cat outta the bag now since its offical... I just called and accepted a job at HONDA in marysville ohio working as an engineer. Yeah I won't be working on the bikes but hey ya never know:devil: I'll be working on the honda civic, crv, element line up and hopefully can get my feet wet in the test riding out there... It was a hard decision to make, I had some crazy offers on the table from some other companies, but I choose my old honda roots. All thats left now is for me to pass a drug test/physical/back ground check but I have no worries there...

The only down fall to this is I'm goin to be surrounded by freakin ohio state buckeye fans!! Shoot me please...

The good thing is I'll own a new honda bike/car/quad/ etc every year haha... 1st purchase is going to be a 2009 cbr1000rr repsol and a new 450r:devil:

tamehart
11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Congrats Tommy. Best of luck with the new job and making as many people mad that you are a PSU grad.

Ralph
11-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Im glad it ended up working out for you.

See ya there in a few

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by tamehart
Congrats Tommy. Best of luck with the new job and making as many people mad that you are a PSU grad.

O don't worry I plan on it. They really didn't like my Penn State hoodie the monday after we beat them when I was out there for my interviews haha...:devil:

Ralph put in for an internship out there this summer!

Ralph
11-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
O don't worry I plan on it. They really didn't like my Penn State hoodie the monday after we beat them when I was out there for my interviews haha...:devil:

Ralph put in for an internship out there this summer!

I was hoping to find something around here because i got a 12 month lease. I may just do research or something if i cant find an internship...

woodsman250r
11-12-2008, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tommy 17
[B]O don't worry I plan on it. They really didn't like my Penn State hoodie the monday after we beat them when I was out there for my interviews haha...:devil:

Hey thats alright, you can always rub it in to OSU fans about going to the Nat. Champ. game this year and winning the title?! All wait...nevermind I forgot about Iowa :devil:

At least you will be living in a state where our team actually made the NC game 3 times since 2002! Still just a dream for all of you moron PSU fans...:blah:

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
and what was the outcome of those 3 bowl games:confused: :blah:

54warrior
11-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Good Luck and Congrats!

woodsman250r
11-12-2008, 01:58 PM
and what was the outcome of those 3 bowl games:confused: :blah:

One NC and got beat the other two...bottom line we were there, and Penn State watched on TV

On a side note, congrats on the job man. I just like busting your guys chops about football!:blah:

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by woodsman250r
One NC and got beat the other two...bottom line we were there, and Penn State watched on TV

On a side note, congrats on the job man. I just like busting your guys chops about football!:blah:

we're 3 for 3 since 05... soon to be 4 for 4 haha... yeah i know its all in clean fun...

so whats the riding like out that way... its seemed really flat to me:ermm: :ermm: haha

woodsman250r
11-12-2008, 02:41 PM
we're 3 for 3 since 05... soon to be 4 for 4 haha... yeah i know its all in clean fun...

so whats the riding like out that way... its seemed really flat to me:ermm: :ermm: haha

Only flat once you start getting more west. I live in eastern OH and its all hills. I have a bunch of good spots to give you a heads up on if you want me to PM you. Let me know.

ZeroLogic
11-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Congrats on the job. I'm going to take a wild guess and say you went to Penn State for Engineering?

Quad18star
11-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Congrats on the new job . Hard work really does pay off in the end.

I have 2 cousins that work for Honda at their Alliston plant up here in Ontario. Honda treats them VERY WELL , with many incentives, family days, gym memberships , etc. They also get employee discounts for their family on any Honda products. They all drive new Honda cars as well as their parents. LOL

brian76708
11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
congratulations that is what i am working for i am currently in my first year of a mechanical engineering bachelors degree. (nice to see there is still jobs)

coryatver
11-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Thats awesome tommy. Tell honda to get working on making a real truck

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
congratulations that is what i am working for i am currently in my first year of a mechanical engineering bachelors degree. (nice to see there is still jobs)

lets put it this way. I had over 15 job offers in the last month alone and 5 from REALLY REALLY big companies...

Honda wasn't the best money but it seemed like the best company to work for and its what I've always wanted since 1995 so i choose it...

Quadstar trust me the discount on the cars and quads was the 1st question I asked. I'm very happy with what I was told lets just say that haha.

CTmxyfz
11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Im a certified Honda/Yamaha tech and my dream is also to get into one of the manufacteurs doing something as well. Not engineering, but something to do with the dirtbikes, atvs, motorcycles.

Congrats, i envy you clearly. Do you think they have some sort of jobs that im looking towards?

How did you go about all this?

Your so damn lucky, but good luck! Nice job!

exrider12
11-12-2008, 07:10 PM
what did you go to college for. This is my dream job working for honda engineering in any department. Im only in high school and im trying to plan ahead.

Quad18star
lets put it this way. I had over 15 job offers in the last month alone and 5 from REALLY REALLY big companies...

Honda wasn't the best money but it seemed like the best company to work for and its what I've always wanted since 1995 so i choose it...

Quadstar trust me the discount on the cars and quads was the 1st question I asked. I'm very happy with what I was told lets just say that haha.

The most money doesn't always mean the best work environment or a happy work environment . Like I said , my cousins are very pleased working with Honda. One of them actually just came back from visiting Honda's main headquarters overseas and going to a seminar/workshop. Everything was paid for including little side trips while over there.

Also Honda will be in the game for a LONG time , unlike the way things are going for the North American automakers .

Oh I know you'll like the discounts ...... I've seen the numbers . I wouldn't mind them either LOL. They want you owning their products that's for sure.

KXRida
Yah I know what you mean about the job offers. My brother got lots of them right out of college (penn state) for engineering. He was working down at Amtrak's main station in DC, but that's hard to do with a family, so he moved back home. Has a job pending at the local hospital for an engineering job.

Congrats and glad to hear you passed!

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by CTmxyfz
Im a certified Honda/Yamaha tech and my dream is also to get into one of the manufacteurs doing something as well. Not engineering, but something to do with the dirtbikes, atvs, motorcycles.

Congrats, i envy you clearly. Do you think they have some sort of jobs that im looking towards?

How did you go about all this?

Your so damn lucky, but good luck! Nice job!

Ummm they have manufacturing plants for the quads in south or north carolina.... you could always go there and build them. I know the testing of the 400ex is done in raymond ohio just outside of where I'll be. I was talking to a guy about it during my interview. I don't know much about the company yet to be honest for what they really have there. They have to have people that test them all.

Exrider... Go to school for Mechanical Engineering and get experience in a manufacturing plant. Take every internship possible. I started out in a plant that builds gas pump systems and it really helped my resume. Network and build your friends and when it all comes down to the end don't take no for an answer or give up.

11-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Hook me up with an s2000?:D

Fred55
11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Ummm they have manufacturing plants for the quads in south or north carolina.... you could always go there and build them. I know the testing of the 400ex is done in raymond ohio just outside of where I'll be. I was talking to a guy about it during my interview. I don't know much about the company yet to be honest for what they really have there. They have to have people that test them all.

Exrider... Go to school for Mechanical Engineering and get experience in a manufacturing plant. Take every internship possible. I started out in a plant that builds gas pump systems and it really helped my resume. Network and build your friends and when it all comes down to the end don't take no for an answer or give up.

hook me up with an internship man

Tommy 17
11-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
Hook me up with an s2000?:D

so far my list is 11 cbr 600s... 7 cbr1000s... countless crf450s and crf250s... 3 450rs... 1 big red and an s2000...

they are going to hate me!