PDA

View Full Version : how much power?

headache
11-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey guys i'm thinking about building another warrior and here's what i have in mind. A 12:1 je piston, .390 webcam, good valve job with oversize valves, hmf pipe, and maybe a z400 carb. would this setup be able to outrun a stock z400? My other warrior ran good and just had a hmf slip on, but couldn't take a Z..
this quad would be setup for XC racing so i'm mainly looking for torque not topend power. and of course i'd add suspension and all that good stuff. and try to reduce some weight from it somehow... thanks for the help.

keglassg
11-12-2008, 08:20 PM
thats very similar to what i've done to mine. i havent been able to out run a z becasue of my gears, but i think it would be very capable given the right gearing. i dont have any experience with the webbcam either, i bought the hotcam for mine, but now you've caught my attention. where do i find one? im always lookin to try something new to get some torque.

headache
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Powroll sells webcams i think. they are a little pricey but are supposed to be better than the hotcams.. they make several ones from torque cams to topend power. I ran a 14 tooth front sprocket with the stock rear on my other warrior and it was good for the woods. What gearing do you run?

headache
11-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Oh yeah do you have any suggestions on how to lighten up a warrior some? they are so heavy.

keglassg
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
for the barrel races i've been doing im running a 15 tooth front and a strock rear sprocket, for flat track i run a 17 tooth front and a stock rear and im almost positive the rear is 40 tooth stock. the best thing i did to ligten up the warrior was to put douglas wheels on it. the stock aluminum ones are really heavy. i also gussetted my frame, but in doing so i removed some of th factory gusseting and i think it may have helped, but yeah they are hevy indeed. i have an aluminum swing arm on it now, but im not sure if they are still available, i found mine on ebay used. i've been told that a yfz front brake conversion will shed a couple pounds but i cant imagine its a lot.