PDA

View Full Version : 24mm PWK - choke?

raptorobbie
11-12-2008, 06:55 AM
24mm PWK - this is the carb that came on our 08 air cooled 90cc - does this carb have a choke or not. It looks like the choke lever/knob is there but it doesnt seem to move! I dont want to force it or break it please let me know as the colder weather is here - thanks!

SMS
11-12-2008, 01:05 PM
yes pull up on the black knob if it will not pull up remove it with a 12mm wrench I think. If it will still not work let me know I have some here you can have for free if you need one.

dblacks
11-12-2008, 03:48 PM
my guess is it is either too tight or needs to get cleaned around it so it and lubed so it will move.

raptorobbie
11-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys - I know it was a pretty dumb question.... I would swear that choke lever worked the first day we got the bike home - but never after that! And since it wouldnt ever move, I figured maybe I was just imagining things when I thought it worked that first time!

SMS sent you a PM

raptorobbie
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Unscrewed the choke mechanism last night and it still wouldnt budge w/ all my might against it!! Finally had to grip that brass shaft w/ some needlenose and twisted it - POP - it came loose. Apparently its been seized in there since we got it - and was filthy in and around! Also took off the base that the D-slide hits and it was filthy too! Finally the quad starts and actually holds an idle like it should - now on to tuning! Thanks everyone...

SMS
11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
cool