PDA

View Full Version : new termz for yall

KxFer656
11-12-2008, 06:33 AM
• Sale-a contract in which ownership of goods is transferred from the seller to the buyer for consideration.
• Price-the money paid for the goods.
• Goods-all things that are moveable.
• Uniform commercial Code-a collection of laws that governs various types of business transactions.
• Contract to sell-every time you buy goods and take ownership of them, a sale occurs.
• Merchant-A business or person who deals regularly in the sale of goods or who has a specialized knowledge of goods.
• Usage of trade-The method of dealing that is commonly used in the particular field.
• Firm offer-A merchant’s written promise to hold an offer open for the sale of goods.
• Output contract-An agreement to buy all of a manufacturers goods.
• Requirement contract-When a seller agrees to supply the needs of a buyer.
• Auction with reserve- Where an auctioneer doesn’t have to sell the goods for the highest bid if it’s lower than the reserve amount.
• Without reserve-the auctioneer must sell the goods to the highest bidder.
• Bulk transfer-A business transfers all merchandise and supplies at once.
• Title-The right of ownership to goods.
• Bill of sale-formal evidence of ownership.
• Void able title-Title may be voided if the injured party elects to do so.
• Risk of loss-The responsibility for loss or damage to goods.
• Identified goods-Goods that presently exist and that have been set aside for a contract.
• Future goods-Goods that are not both existing and selected.
• Carrier-A transportation company
• F.o.b.-Free on board, means that goods will be delivered free to the designated place.
• Destination contract-When a contract requires the seller to deliver the goods to a destination.
• Bill of lading-A receipt for shipment of goods given by a transportation company.
• Warehouse receipt-a document given to a customer by the warehouse that is storing his or her goods.
• Electronic commerce-the buying and selling of goods and services, or the transfer of money over the internet.
• Electronic signature-The method of signing an electronic message.
• Online privacy-A part of your more general right to privacy. Concerns your identity, movement, and personal and commercial activities on the internet.
• Federal Trade Commission-This act states that “unfair or deceptive acts or practices in or affecting commerce are herby declared unlawful”

Scro
11-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Am I the only one lost?:huh

907Rider
11-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Scro
No I'm lost too

907Rider
11-12-2008, 01:29 PM
I think he is trying to say that we need better rules on selling stuff in the classified section:confused: but what do I know.

Brauap
11-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I think he wrote new definitions for the Webster Dictionary? Lol dunno..?

gcart2
11-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Scro
lol nope :huh

CHAR250R
11-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Can the rest of us get a little information as to what these terms are for? :confused:

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
I know what the terms are, but I'm not sure why they got posted.

KxFer656
11-13-2008, 07:04 AM
4. The title is exchanged when you physically have the good, also when the obligations of the contract have been fulfilled.
5. Loss can happen when goods are damaged or destroyed, or when someone steals them. Passage of title and risk of loss occur together, but not always.
6. By a reasonable amount of time. Check the methods.
7. Something bought or sold, contract of sale, tangible- can be touched and are moveable.
8. Selling goods to a particular buyer, agreements to buy the goods for a particular purpose from a particular seller.

Brauap
11-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by KxFer656
4. The title is exchanged when you physically have the good, also when the obligations of the contract have been fulfilled.
5. Loss can happen when goods are damaged or destroyed, or when someone steals them. Passage of title and risk of loss occur together, but not always.
6. By a reasonable amount of time. Check the methods.
7. Something bought or sold, contract of sale, tangible- can be touched and are moveable.
8. Selling goods to a particular buyer, agreements to buy the goods for a particular purpose from a particular seller.

Boy! Thanks for clearing that up! :huh

krt400ex
11-13-2008, 07:29 AM
wtf :huh :huh