PDA

View Full Version : Trx450r Vs. Banshee

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 05:54 AM
OKAY I DONT WANT ANY HONDA OR YAHMAHA BONE HEADS TO ARGUE AND CARRY ON ABOUT WHICH IS FASTER OR BETTER...THIS IS A POLL TO SEE WHAT WOULD EVERYONE PICK FOR TRAIL RIDING AND LITTLE STRAIGHT AWAYS..PLEASE TELL WHY YOU THINK SO...THANKS

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Banshees are good for straightlines. A decked out banshee will be doing good if it can handle as good as a stock 450.

Purcell450r
11-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I've never ridden a Banshee, would like to, but I think the power band would hit to hard to control in the woods.

Scro
11-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Umm....no contest.

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM
this was a no brainer but the reason i made a poll was to help somebody who had a 450 and was thinking about a banshee..read the thread.its kind of interesting how some will mis lead others

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=370924

11-12-2008, 01:19 PM
the banshee is really only good for wide open or more straight line stuff. You can modify anything to do something other than it was designed for but the banshee is not that fun to ride in the woods anyways. I wouldnt want it on the track either. No doubt 450r wins this poll and gets my vote.

11-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by trx250rider
this was a no brainer but the reason i made a poll was to help somebody who had a 450 and was thinking about a banshee..read the thread.its kind of interesting how some will mis lead others

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=370924

How am I misleading him? I gave my honest opinion. The banshee may not be the best trail/mx quad but there is definitely nothing that compares to that sudden hit.

And of course this poll will be biased. It's on a site thats filled with 450 lovers and maybe 10 banshee guys. This site always has been 4-stroke. Ever since it started.. EX riders.

Make a poll over at bansheehq and see what happens..

I love 450's and would love to add one to my stable in place of my ex.. but it wil never take my banshee's parking spot.

11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Banshees are good for straightlines. A decked out banshee will be doing good if it can handle as good as a stock 450.

so your saying a decked out banshee with a laeger protrax 250r geometry frame + a-arms with decent shocks won't handle better than a stock 450r?

please:rolleyes:

Maybe if the 450r was also decked out it would out-handle the banshee I just mentioned.. but a stock 450r.. who are you kidding.

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
so your saying a decked out banshee with a laeger protrax 250r geometry frame + a-arms with decent shocks won't handle better than a stock 450r?

please:rolleyes:

Maybe if the 450r was also decked out it would out-handle the banshee I just mentioned.. but a stock 450r.. who are you kidding.

Banshee frame douchebag. You can't stuff a banshee motor in 250r laeger frame and call it a Banshee.

11-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Banshee frame douchebag. You can't stuff a banshee motor in 250r laeger frame and call it a Banshee.

:o

It's not a 250r frame you moron.. It's a banshee specific frame designed with 250r geometry. Really popular on the mx banshee's.

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 05:28 PM
You're missing the point. How many Nationals of xc or mx have EVER been won on a Banshee. There's a reason for that. And why would an aftermarket banshee frame have to copy Honda's geometry if they aren't as good as your beloved Banshee?

11-12-2008, 05:41 PM
You're missing the point. How many Nationals of xc or mx have EVER been won on a Banshee. There's a reason for that. And why would an aftermarket banshee frame have to copy Honda's geometry if they aren't as good as your beloved Banshee?

It doesn't mean the banshee completely sucks. If I was racing mx or xc I would pick the 450 too. But here's where you're missing the point. Neither you or I are professional racers. The banshee works just fine for my needs. Yes, i get a little more sore then i do riding my 400, but its well worth that arm-ripping power when you have room to open it up:devil:

Answer to second part
Because the 250r does handle better. I already said that. But why not make the banshee handle nice too? its a cooler engine. Thats why they copy it, to make the banshee that much sicker.

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
[B]It doesn't mean the banshee completely sucks. If I was racing mx or xc I would pick the 450 too.

okay thanks DMC now tell yamadog that you would pick the 450 for the woods

11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by trx250rider
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
[B]It doesn't mean the banshee completely sucks. If I was racing mx or xc I would pick the 450 too.

okay thanks DMC now tell yamadog that you would pick the 450 for the woods

I didn't say that. The 450 is better in the woods, but doesn't give me the same thrill. You know what I mean? Going around the tree, nailing the throttle in powerband throwin roost all over the damn place. Thats fun.

But if I was seriously getting competitive and racing, I wouldn't be so much worried about screwing around as I would want to just rip and win. Where the 450 is better in the woods.

Like said before.. none of us are pro's.

ohsobad_chevy
11-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Scro
Umm....no contest.

GIXXER1KR
11-12-2008, 07:57 PM
LMFAO!!! MX Banshee.Never seen 1 at my local race association or on the track.Especially nowadays.I think i seen 1 250R never mind a banshee.Leave Banshees for what they are best for.A drag bike.Hills and sand are where they excell.

ohsobad_chevy
11-12-2008, 08:22 PM
The banshee is made to go really fast in one direction. ;)

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
The banshee is made to go really fast in one direction. ;)

And they do it well, no questions asked.

mjc597
11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
i've owned both. my banshee was piped, jetted, boost bottle, clarke 5.4 galloon tank, duncan racing swingarm, holeshot xcr's, filter-open airbox....i trail rode for almost an enitre summer( i live in central new york) never had troubles. on the trails i hardly ever got out of 1st and 2nd gear, unless we hit a seasonal road. i would take my 450r over my banshee for trails any day..the shee was nice and fast but not an awesome trail quad...and as far as mx banshees we had a kid in racing in our district with a banshee all done up for mx and he never finished farther back then 3rd place. he raced in the am class and did very good on it..

Supercup
11-15-2008, 10:43 PM
I own both and the 450 is easier to deal with on the trails. The Banshee is better suited for the desert. But both work either place and are a lot of fun, so just get whatever you find and go riding!

JCM

BrettOaktree
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM
why not just go out and get a yfz:D

Toadz400
11-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Personally I would take my Banshee on the trails over a YFZ450, 450R, 400EX, etc anyday. I've always felt the Banshee was more comfortable on the trails (the stock seat is a cushion from Heaven) and never had a problem with the powerband as long as I had the one tooth lower front sprocket. I voted Banshee, and that's not biased at all because I owned a 400EX and now ride my YFZ450 all the time. I would be riding the Banshee but it was stolen a few years ago and haven't restored it yet.

deathman53
11-22-2008, 07:06 PM
not even a comparism when both are stock, 450r will rule. I rode some banshees, awesome in a stragiht line and open. 300ex, 400ex, 450r, 250r, and even blasters beat them in the woods everytime. I beat some of them pretty good with my 86 atc200x, in the open stuff they left me in the dust, but in the twisties was a different story, I was waiting for them.

f4istunna
12-10-2008, 07:49 AM
Its def. possible on a shee. Back in the day kim huhnle ?sp and curtis crump tore it up Xc.

Banshees are comfortable and fun as hell to ride but i agree stock for stock the 450r is better in the woods imo

RATPACK Z400
01-21-2009, 11:56 AM
450 anyone of them for sure ! where i live just a rain storm in the woods will make it a horrible day of riding on the banshee,it would spin too much and bang off trees when its wet out.

01-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
450 anyone of them for sure ! where i live just a rain storm in the woods will make it a horrible day of riding on the banshee,it would spin too much and bang off trees when its wet out.

I would really like to know where you get this from.. and if you have anything to back this up.

I've ridden banshee's in super wet muddy conditions plenty of times before and it doesn't just "bang off trees"

Granted it does like to spin the tires even more, it makes for a ton of fun roosting your friends and sliding:p