PDA

View Full Version : NEW RaceTech LT Piggy Back Hi/Low

Colby@C&DRacing
11-11-2008, 04:37 PM
C&D Racing had the oportunity to run the new RaceTech Longtravel Piggy Back Hi/Low Fully adjustable shocks for the Heartland Challenge. Here are a few pics before they were installed.

Colby@C&DRacing
11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
RaceTech LT

Colby@C&DRacing
11-11-2008, 04:40 PM
RaceTech

Colby@C&DRacing
11-11-2008, 04:51 PM
We chose to install them on +1 MGC ATV Fourplay arms.
The shocks have 78 usable clicks of rebound with 6 1/2 Full turns of Hi and low speed compression.

We will be doing a ride review from the Heartland Challenge soon. For those that want to know right now how they performed put it this way. We got the shocks on Friday and raced Saturday with no tuning time the only adjustment we did after a few laps was slowed the rebound a few clicks. We did end up winning the Industry Class.

These Shocks are now available to the public for more information Contact C&D Racing 402-614-2508 or cdracing@atcjet.net

We would also like to thank Todd Davis (head of ATV R&D for Race Tech) and RaceTech for sending us the 1st set of these new shocks to compete in the Heartland Challenge.

xsr_racing28c
11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the pics and info! I'm not sure if I like the "brown" color of the rezzies, but otherwise they look good. They bought out TCS right?

Also, are they gonna have adjustment knobs? It looks like dirt and debris could/will get packed in the knobs too easily.

Just my thoughts, but I'd love to hear how they work out.

Jay

Colby@C&DRacing
11-13-2008, 08:34 AM
I agree on the color of ressivor not my first choice. TCS did merge with RaceTech.

I do see your point on the adjusters but the heartland challenge was a muddy race and we didn't have any problems with mud in the adjusters. I guess this way the adjuster is protected nothing to breakoff or strip.

400exrider707
11-13-2008, 09:22 AM
Machined aluminum turns me on.

Those are some sweet looking boingers ya got there colby haha.

Keep us updated.

nicker71
11-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
I agree on the color of ressivor not my first choice. TCS did merge with RaceTech.

I do see your point on the adjusters but the heartland challenge was a muddy race and we didn't have any problems with mud in the adjusters. I guess this way the adjuster is protected nothing to breakoff or strip.

I was there and it wasn't muddy. Glad to see they finally have a ressivor shock

Drewltr450
11-13-2008, 05:09 PM
how much are they going for?

JH Racing
11-14-2008, 07:47 AM
They will be in the $1500 range. Anyone that has the old remote res shocks will be able to convert them to the hi/low piggybacks. The only service centers allowed to do this will be Race Tech, myself and C&D

Colby@C&DRacing
11-14-2008, 08:46 AM
From the testing we have done so far these shocks will be some of the best shocks on the market due to there range of adjustment and setup right from Race Tech. In the near future they will offer custom low speed needles and different high speed adjustor springs so that these shock can be truley tailored to each riders needs. This is something that no other company has ever offered.

If you are interested in converting your older remote rezzies TCS shocks to the new Piggy Backs feel free to contact us at 402-614-2508 or cdracing@atcjet.net We also have the ability to convert other brands of non ressivor or remote ressivor shocks over to this highly tunable Race Tech piggy back :)

400exrider707
11-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing

If you are interested in converting your older remote rezzies TCS shocks to the new Piggy Backs feel free to contact us at 402-614-2508 or cdracing@atcjet.net We also have the ability to convert other brands of non ressivor or remote ressivor shocks over to this highly tunable Race Tech piggy back :)

More info please!

Colby@C&DRacing
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
We can convert any older 36mm TCS shock to the new piggy back. All that is required is removing the old shock head and installing the new Piggy back unit along with some vavling changes. $625 complete including all parts and shock service. We can also convert the front shocks to rebound adjustable at the same time.

duke416ex
11-14-2008, 03:17 PM
So basically from the sound of things you can do this to most shocks. Will this apply to stockers? Or are they looking at having a hi/lo like some other people have tried on the stock shocks?

Colby@C&DRacing
11-14-2008, 03:24 PM
it won't work on the stock shocks due to the thread pitch being off.