PDA

View Full Version : new banshee

abcdeflip
11-11-2008, 01:47 PM
i just got a basically brand new shee. its in great condition i am going to paint it all up nice i am thinking of a black and maybe orange. i was wonderig what i should do next. pipes jet carbs...ect i have been riding 4 strokes since i was 2 but i got this banshee for 2000 so i had to take it i just want to know some performance upgrades i should make and in what order

99banshee
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by abcdeflip
i just got a basically brand new shee. its in great condition i am going to paint it all up nice i am thinking of a black and maybe orange. i was wonderig what i should do next. pipes jet carbs...ect i have been riding 4 strokes since i was 2 but i got this banshee for 2000 so i had to take it i just want to know some performance upgrades i should make and in what order I would do pipes k7n filter with a cut air box or with the lid off at least jets and a degree key is a cheap part to get something like two or three more horses out the motor! When you have to rebuild it get it ported and throw some wiseco pistons in it and it will wake up! A good port job helps tons in two strokes!

abcdeflip
11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
what kind of pipes tomey?

99banshee
11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
well i don't know much about them. I have had one with fmf and the the one i got now with pro circuit and i like the pro circuit alot better. Different people have different pipes they like so i would go with whatever ones you like the best.

ohiobanshee
11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
what kind of pipes tomey? What kind of riding will you be doing? Different pipes have different power ranges,pipe it to suit you riding style.

JuiceBox
11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
i just got a basically brand new shee. its in great condition i am going to paint it all up nice i am thinking of a black and maybe orange. i was wonderig what i should do next. pipes jet carbs...ect i have been riding 4 strokes since i was 2 but i got this banshee for 2000 so i had to take it i just want to know some performance upgrades i should make and in what order

First off what kind of riding do you do? Trail, dune cruiser??

abcdeflip
11-12-2008, 04:29 PM
i will be in the trails and on the track every once in a while

hopfully ill be gettin on the track even more

ohiobanshee
11-12-2008, 07:47 PM
The best trail and mx pipe ia a set of pt mids.

Blaze
11-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I have the fattys and power core II i am buying the sst's with the silencers to fit them just to try them out, but so far the Fattys have been treating me nice.

martimatt550
11-13-2008, 12:09 AM
air filter and exhaust to start,, then sky is the limit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

martimatt550
11-13-2008, 12:21 AM
congratts on a new shee ......

JDMThoughts
12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
I had FMFs because they came on my bike, and when I switched to T5 Toomeys it was night and day difference. I feel I should get the Paul Turner Mids though, seeing that they would suit my bike better since I run a lot of trails and although the bike pulls nice on the top end, I wish I had a little more down low. I also agree with the degree key, I have it along with reeds and my bike is much better now. You won't believe how much alive you motor will feel when you put the pipes on and get it jetted.

12-15-2008, 04:53 PM
For trails/mx there's a couple options.

FMF Fatties are my second favorite pipe. People can say all they want, but my dads banshee with almost no other mods with the airbox lid ON and stock filter, has more snap and a much more brutal mid-top end then every banshee Ive ever ridden with toomey's. They are a good pipe for gains all across the board, and super affordable.

My top favorite for your style riding is 916's. They make pretty good power and will scream all the way to 11k, not to mention they have to be the sweetest sounding pipes known to man kind.

Paul Turners are also an awesome choice for you. Mainly focused on mid-range.

You'll get tons of opinions on pipes.

And ideal setup for your style riding,

1) _____ Pipes

2) Trinity/Noss Head
-21cc Domes

3) Trinity Single Carb Setup
Closed Airbox, Snorkel Removed
-Drill holes in tube underneath Bottom of the lid

That setup will pull pretty hard.

If you want to get crazy (like everyone else, it becomes an addiction. You want more and more) you can look into getting a trail/mx port done. There's so many builders out there to do it. Passion, F.A.S.T, etc.

Definitely do the pipes first. The banshee's are super responsive to just pipes. It's almost like throwing a turbo on it lol.

If you still want more after that, then the other mods will help.

12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
By the way, the stock reeds aren't all that bad. I didn't notice a difference with aftermarket.

And stay away from degree keys. They notorious for shearing in banshee's. The adjustable stator plate is the way to go if you want to adjust the timing 4*

Blaze
12-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
By the way, the stock reeds aren't all that bad. I didn't notice a difference with aftermarket.

And stay away from degree keys. They notorious for shearing in banshee's. The adjustable stator plate is the way to go if you want to adjust the timing 4*

How much is a adjustable stator plate and how hard is it to install?

P.S. sorry for hijacking your thread but I wanted to know.

12-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Blaze
How much is a adjustable stator plate and how hard is it to install?

P.S. sorry for hijacking your thread but I wanted to know.

Not quite sure how much they are.

All you do it pull off the side cover, and unbolt the 3 bolts holding the stock stator plate on. After that it's pretty much self explanitory. Take the stator off that plate on to the new one, and then the bolt holes on the adjustable are slotted so you can turn the plate and adjust the timing.

Just don't advance it too far. I believe there's markings on it for different advancements.

Blaze
12-15-2008, 07:12 PM
What does it do? add throttle response?

12-16-2008, 04:32 PM
What does it do? add throttle response?

It makes the throttle a little more responsive and helps the low-end power.

Can't really say much about how much it helps because i only rode one with it once before.

Blaze
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Prodeign 99 bucks Chariot 50. Check out this forum It's cool.
most people on it have banshees and are from Pa

www.hillclimbersforum.com

12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Prodeign 99 bucks Chariot 50. Check out this forum It's cool.
most people on it have banshees and are from Pa

www.hillclimbersforum.com

Yeah, one of those guys made a bulletin about it on myspace and messaged me. Still never got around to registering. Ill have to do it now.