PDA

View Full Version : Stolen 400ex in the East Side of Orlando

big95xj
11-11-2008, 12:13 PM
I know this is not exactly the right place for this but I went out to the garage this morning to discover my 400ex missing. Some a**hole ripped our fence down and broke into the garage and stole it. If any one in this area (Christmas/Bithlo Florida area) sees it anywhere, Please call me immediatly! The number is 573 821 3011.

THanks Bryant.

Brauap
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Wow. Sorry to hear that! I would start crying if someone stole mine. I love it so much! Well, yours is very destinctive. Just keep looking on Craigslist and eBay.. and if you have anything else to ride, it gives you a good excuse for you to go riding at every local area to ride! lol Well, good luck bud!

big95xj
11-11-2008, 12:38 PM
THe thing is is that unless they are mechanical geniuses they will never get it started. And it will end up getting torn apart. As far as ebay and craigslist go, i dont think anyone in this area is smart enough to figure out how to do that. More than likely it will be either parted out, started and destroyed, or dumped in a ditch somewhere. THieves piss me off so much, i wish people would go get a job and buy there own ****.

Brauap
11-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, I will keep my eye open on eBay. I am on there quite a bit.. did you report it stolen yet?

big95xj
11-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Oh yea. Saw it was gone. and called the police. Oh and about your previous post the thing that sucks is that that was the only thing i had to ride...

Brauap
11-11-2008, 01:26 PM
what me to look around for you for other rides? Like other cheep 400's, dirt bikes? anything? I know what it is like.. my bike was taken from me too. (Yz125)

11-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Thieves really do suck..

They usually ride the hell out of it and sell it to a friend.

Good luck finding it man.

big95xj
11-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Can anybody thats good with photo possibly clean and clear this up so its readable? I can find my bill of sale and i need the vin...

Gray33
11-11-2008, 04:25 PM
damn skum bags

Did you have insurance on it?

big95xj
11-11-2008, 04:49 PM
No but our homeowners will cover it if i have the vin. Problem is i managed to lose my bill of sale and cant read the vin in the pic above...

hypersnyper6947
11-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Im in the east orlando area (ucf) and i will keep a look out for sure.

big95xj
11-12-2008, 09:00 AM
YEah thanks hyper, im out here in the christmas bithlo area and god knows what these crack heads out here did with it... idiots will do anything to get another high....

mbellaver
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
email me the original size picture and I'll see what I can see........

mark.bellaver@gmail.com

11-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I read somehwere where a dude had like a low jack(?) thingy on his quad. Or something to where the cops could track it if it got stolen. I thought about doing this. Anyone ever done this?

katch26
11-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Can LoJack be installed on off-road motorcycles?
The LoJack unit has been designed to be installed in on-highway motorcycles and has been environmentally tested to perform in riding conditions associated with on-highway usage. Due to vehicle battery size and riding conditions, LoJack does not recommend that the unit be installed on ATV, dirt or scooter motorcycles. If the unit is installed in these motorcycles, the warranty will be void due to improper installation.

big95xj
11-12-2008, 11:41 AM
My next quad will have some sort of lojack. Either that or a homemade security system:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

PUREBREED450R
11-12-2008, 02:59 PM
GET A GUN AND A GARAGE ALARM, THEY ARE SUPER CHEAP. kEEP AN EYE OUT ON CRAIGSLIST AND EBAY IS RIGHT, YOU HAVE GOTT TO GET THAT VIN CLEARED UP, I WONDER IF YOU COULDNT PRINT A PICTURE AND BRING IT TO KINKOS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT, OR LIKE A PHOTO SHOP OR PLACE THAT FRAMES PICS AND ****, SOMETIMES THEY CAN BLOW UP PICS...YOU KNOW LIKE A PLACE YOU MOM WOULD BRING AN OLD PIC OF LIKE HER MOM? THOSE PLACES CAN USUALLY WORK MAGIC.

AND TO THE CROOKS READING THIS **** YOU!!! TRY AND STEAL MY **** YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR LIFE!

big95xj
11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
I was kinda thinking something along these lines...<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDrzMGdYWZc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fDrzMGdYWZc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oleboy87
11-12-2008, 03:45 PM
sorry to hear that budd.. i hope it all works out for ya.

PUREBREED450R
11-13-2008, 09:00 AM
yea, or something like that. I hope that quad come up somewhere

big95xj
11-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I hope that quad come up somewhere

Youre tellin me. If it doesnt it will more than likely be next spring before i can afford another ride...

CrewCab
11-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Sorry to hear this man, I had 2 new Kawasaki's taken from me the day after I brought them home so I know the feeling all too well. Are you sure your homeowners will cover it? Most dont and mine wouldnt either unless it was something used to service your residence. (the fine print in the policy). One of my bikes were eventually found a month later in the crackhead part of town. Check all the shady areas around town and there is a good chance you will find it there. Good luck I hope you get it back soon.

PUREBREED450R
11-14-2008, 10:53 AM
two bikes gone day after you bought em? Inside job..it sounds like. I sold cars and bikes for a while in south florida, a bike leaving your house day after sale ......someone had to have let out some personal info. I dunno if id be worth talking to your salesman or not... just a thought

73watermutt
11-14-2008, 01:28 PM
man that sucks, I hope you get it back or find out who stole it.

big95xj
11-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Little update. We got a couple real promising leads today from some local old people that only noticed it cuz they wanted to complain about the exhuast....:D But anyhow the cops are on there way out to go check it out...

big95xj
11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Well we found it. The idiots that stole my 400 also stole trucks, 10 atvs, golf carts, cars, rims, romex wire, and everything else. BUT where they screwed up is when they stole a Florida Fish And WIldlife officers government issued air boat! This officer sat outside these peoples house for 18 hours til they finally tried to move it. So he nabbed it. Now the bad part. Unless i can come up with the VIN i cant get it back. (see a few post up about that issue) The theives ground the Vin off of the frame so they ran the motor number. I wasnt even aware that there was a number on the motor that corresponds with the vin. So they ran the motor number and it doesnt match the VIN i gave them cuz all i have is the pic above. But at least its in government hands and not in the hands of the thieves, or maybe tit has just went from one set of thieves to another. Hopefully i can figure something out.... you guys have any suggestions....?

Thanks Bryant

big95xj
11-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Well we found it. The idiots that stole my 400 also stole trucks, 10 atvs, golf carts, cars, rims, romex wire, and everything else. BUT where they screwed up is when they stole a Florida Fish And WIldlife officers government issued air boat! This officer sat outside these peoples house for 18 hours til they finally tried to move it. So he nabbed it. Now the bad part. Unless i can come up with the VIN i cant get it back. (see a few post up about that issue) The theives ground the Vin off of the frame so they ran the motor number. I wasnt even aware that there was a number on the motor that corresponds with the vin. So they ran the motor number and it doesnt match the VIN i gave them cuz all i have is the pic above. But at least its in government hands and not in the hands of the thieves, or maybe tit has just went from one set of thieves to another. Hopefully i can figure something out.... you guys have any suggestions....?

Thanks Bryant

Brauap
11-16-2008, 06:57 PM
CONGRATUALTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know what to do about the vin tho.. its like their teasing you.... Maybe you should tell them all the facts that you know about it and maybe make them belive you.. that it has engine problems.. and a whole bunch of stuff no one else would know but the owner.. dunno.

big95xj
11-16-2008, 07:23 PM
YEah i tried that a lil brauap but not much we were on the side of the road. THe officer said if it was up to him i could have takin it right there and then BUT he has to go by the law... Dealing with the sheriffs department and the law with this whole deal it seems as if they just keep giving you a run around... and its getting annoying but i guess i have to be patient...

racerdan24
11-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Glad to hear it was found. Did you have any luck with the VIN yet?
Didnt the dealer keep track of VIN number when you bought it?

They should still be able to get the VIN number from the records they should be keeping if its a true dealer.
If you had the original bill of sale with the date, they should be able to go into the dealer records on that date and find the VIN for you and help you out.

PUREBREED450R
11-17-2008, 12:37 PM
the guy above is right. If its a legit dealer and not some hole in the wall atv shop, their documents HAVE, required by the state to have the vin year model everything like that. there has got to be some stock part you have off of it to correspond with the vin? but you did say it was right after you bought em so mabey not...but call that dealer@!!! ask for that info! hopefully they have it!

so typical only **** like that happens in fla, grimey mother fu*&^^%s. I lived in ft lauderdale and couldnt stand it!!!!

great to hear my man! keep fighting for it.!!!!!!!atv riders stick toghter

hypersnyper6947
11-17-2008, 02:32 PM
what if you show them the pics you have

big95xj
11-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by racerdan24
Glad to hear it was found. Did you have any luck with the VIN yet?
Didnt the dealer keep track of VIN number when you bought it?

They should still be able to get the VIN number from the records they should be keeping if its a true dealer.
If you had the original bill of sale with the date, they should be able to go into the dealer records on that date and find the VIN for you and help you out.

Unfortunately i traded it for my camaro i had to a private owner. I tried calling him to see if he had anything but he couldnt find anything. How hard he looked, i dont know....

PURE...i havent bought any stock parts and as i said i got it from a private seller...and as far as i know i think that the motor number is the only one that corresponds with the frame. Now maybe i could say it had a motor put in it but then they would acid etch the vin and probably get it that way. Once again problem being i dont know the vin....

Hyper...i have hundreds of pics with me, me on it, up close of stuff only i would know, wheelie pics of me on it, and so on and so forth. I can even get the key for it from the previous owner(it was wired out of the system but is still there) i even told the guy i could take the motor apart and show them something that only i would know. Now im not going to mention what that was cuz you guys will disown me...:D I am going to talk to a lawyer tomorrow to try to get some advice. She is family so it wont cost and i figure it cant hurt.

Also i went to look at it tonight. It is the first time i have seen it since it got stolen. The bumper was missing. No big deal. It was cheap. Handguards were missing. No big deal. THey were cheap. BUT WHAT REALLY PISSED ME OFF WAS WHEN I PUT IT AWAY THE LAST TIME BEFORE IT GOT STOLEN, I CLEANED THE **** OUT OF IT. I SAW IT TONIGHT AND IT WAS FILTHY.:mad: :mad: :mad: Covered in mud dirt and who knows what else. I dont know anything else yet but hopefully ill get it back soon....

Brauap
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Ever hear that saying, "Ride it like you stole it?" Well, that is a prime example! Good luck bud! We are all wishing you the best of luck!

Also, what was wrong with the engine that yo said that we'd disown you? Don't be affraid..

big95xj
11-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Nothing wrong it RAN great!! Ill just say it was some good old last minute got to get the motor put together dont have time to get the right part so you make one yourself out of a socket redneck ingenuity;)

racerdan24
11-17-2008, 08:06 PM
Glad to hear you have some good legal adive ( Especially for free) I can bet you once she gets involved the cops will just give your baby back....I can hear her screaming now for a bath!.....keep us up to date !

big95xj
11-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah tell me about it. It hasnt been dirty for more than 12 hours since i have owned it. I am a firm believer in keeping your toys clean. Now my jeep on the other hand hasnt been washed in about 6 months but when i had my '88 IROC Z. It got washed about 3 times a week. I couldnt stand going out side and seeing it dirty. Some would say im anal but whatever....sorry bout the rant there....

racerdan24
11-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Big, I am the same way with my toys. I have been busted on saying mine is a garage queen that never gets ridden and is too clean when i take pics. I will get one with inches of mud and post it to prove em wrong( Then clean it of course).

big95xj
11-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Ok so i guess im not so anal...:D Thats a very nice bike. I wish mine was like that. Oh wait i wish i had mine....

big95xj
11-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Heres my old baby...shows how clean she was.....

hoogiesngrinder
11-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Do you have a high resolution photo of the one you posted?

If so, email it to hoogiesngrinderz@comcast.net. I'll see what I can do with it, might be able to get a portion of the vin from it.

big95xj
11-17-2008, 08:49 PM
hoogies-email headed your way. give me a minute....

racerdan24
11-17-2008, 08:51 PM
Keep your head up Bro....I started to read the post from the beginning and i hate to hear anyone getting there stuff stolen....After i read the post i went into my garage and locked her up tight....I never used to but....you just never know now a days. This has gotten to be an obsession for me after 15 years of no quad or bike. My job prevents me from riding as much as i want ( Sales rep for Rv parts with 6 state territory) but i make as much time as possible. Thank god the thing wasnt completely wrecked....

11-17-2008, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by big95xj
Nothing wrong it RAN great!! Ill just say it was some good old last minute got to get the motor put together dont have time to get the right part so you make one yourself out of a socket redneck ingenuity;)

Don't tell me... did you actually use a socket in the piston instead of a wrist pin?!?!:eek2:

big95xj
11-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I know. My father in law and i have been redoing our garage all week so this doesnt happen again. We redid the sides and door. And to be quite honest with youit is a shame that i have to (and him) come home from working 12 hours and go outside and put in another 4 hours to rebuild the garage becuase we cant trust anyone in our nieghborhood. I never even expected this to happen to me. And it did. Now im lost. Between working 60 hours a week and our new baby duaghter the 400 was my only thing that i could escape on and blast through the woods and just be free. You all know that feeling when you are hualin ***** and you are just zoned in and so focused on not making any mistakes and keeping control that everything except where you are headed is just a blur and all you hear is the buzz of the exhuast and nothing can touch you. THat is the greatest feeling in the world and now someone went in our garage and stole that from me. Im pissed but i have been trying to make light of the issue so i dont go bashing peoples heads in...

big95xj
11-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Don't tell me... did you actually use a socket in the piston instead of a wrist pin?!?!:eek2: No no its not that far down in the motor...

hoogiesngrinder
11-17-2008, 09:21 PM
All I have so far is 478TE230...which only tells me that it was made at the Honda US atv plant and is a 400ex. What year is it, that will help figure out one unreadable number.

478 - plant number
TE230 - atv description
0-9 or X - just a check digit
single letter or digit - based of year
A or 4 - A is the Ohio plant, 4 is South Carolina (pretty sure its 4)
last 6 digits are production number

Edit:
Looked at your sig, noticed its a 1999. I'll use an # for unreadable digits/leters, and ones in () are guesses

478TE230(7)X4#####(6)

brian76708
11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
its a 1999 according to his signature

hoogiesngrinder
11-18-2008, 05:43 PM
Any luck?

If the 9th digit is really a 7, there is a way to find all possible VIN numbers and the more numbers/letters you have the easier it is to narrow down. If anyone knows the total production numbers for 400ex's in 1999 that would cut down the possibilities as well.

If I get my programming lab work done tonight I can make a write up program that can spit out all the possible ones.

big95xj
11-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by hoogiesngrinder
Any luck?

If the 9th digit is really a 7, there is a way to find all possible VIN numbers and the more numbers/letters you have the easier it is to narrow down. If anyone knows the total production numbers for 400ex's in 1999 that would cut down the possibilities as well.

If I get my programming lab work done tonight I can make a write up program that can spit out all the possible ones.
What? I believe that 9th digit is a 7. I think this becuase it is a check digit and it has to either a 7 or a 2 based on the shape of it. I also think that the last six are either 014306 or 024306 but im not sure. Oh and yes its a 99.

Update on getting it back. I gave the officer working the case every picture i had of the thing. He said one way or the other he will get that pic of the vin cleared up. He said if he had to too nail these *******s he would take it to the crime lab and have them analyze it. Also they were going to acid etch the frame today to see if it matches the pic i gave him of the vin. And last he said he was going back to the thieving *****es house to try to get an admition to stealing it. If he does he said he will let me go get it tomorrow. If not it will fall back to the vin thing. Oh and i called my moms cousin who is here localy and also just happens to be an attorney, and she said that if they dont feel like its mine she will make a few calls and they wont have any other choice but to give it to me...lol.

tyman2395
11-18-2008, 08:28 PM
good to hear that they found it and u hope you get it back. I think you should get a shotgun and some slugs for sucirity lol. i could never imagine the sadness someone would go through for having there quad/baby stolen. Like right now my 400 is apart because i'm doing a rebuild and i only took it apart october 22? 23 and it's not even been a month and already i'm going crazy but i guess it will be good ones i finish it

big95xj
11-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Yeah this whole deal has not been fun. I just hope i get it back before thanksgiving cuz i got 3 days in a row of and that never happens. But i dont even know if it runs so....

But mark my words, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN. There are already about 3 seperate security measures in the works and all 3 do not end well for the bad guy....

Brauap
11-19-2008, 04:55 AM
But mark my words, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO ME AGAIN. There are already about 3 seperate security measures in the works and all 3 do not end well for the bad guy....

TELL US! TELL US! TELL US!

adawg89
11-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Brauap
TELL US! TELL US! TELL US!

:)

Chuck75
11-19-2008, 08:28 AM
you didnt by chance reister it with the dmv for a sticker did you? if so the dmv will have the vin on file. I had to reg my little bros 99 kx85 so we could ride in places like croom and ocala. just a thought.;)

big95xj
11-19-2008, 09:51 AM
No i never got it registered. I was fixin to cuz i wanted to check out those places like croom and ocala but due to my limited time schedule i never got a chance too....

As far as security systems go, i cant really say, cuz then they wouldnt be to secure now would they? But they wont be your average system, it will involve car alarms first, midevil stuff second(daggers, swords, swinging axes...you get my point), and last but not least, flame throwers. I really do feel sorry for the next idiots that try to break into our garage, cuz my father in law is not playin around....

oh yeah and security cameras so we can watch what happens over and over again...:D

sc400ex_rider
11-19-2008, 10:05 AM
I GOT IT did you use a socket for one of those top motor mount spacers. what do i win .........oh he said inside the motor. good luck bro my anti left devices are a lock through the rear brake disk so it wont rotate and another around the rear sprocket and chain so it will wont roll off it. this locks the rear so they have to carry it off. also store it in 5th gear so they try to get it out of gear. any thing to slow them down to be seen. all you really need is a loud siren by the roof and some pin switches in the doors to scare them off. this could be 12volt with the arm switch inside the house. be carefull with the crazy stuff i heard of people being sued by crooks getting hurt on your premises while robbing you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big95xj
11-19-2008, 01:04 PM
No it wasnt a motor mount spacer. Sorry no prize for you!!! But yeah its my father in laws garage and hes really pissed about this whole thing, more so than me, so what he does for security is on him. It could have very easily been one of his 3 harleys that got stolen...

adawg89
11-19-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm gonna be doing this for my 4 wheeler soon along with my truck and cars http://www.instructables.com/id/Embed-an-OEM-GPS-Into-Anything/

big95xj
12-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey guys so its been about a month now and my 400 is still sitting in the impound lot. The damn people know its mine but supposedly still cant give it back. They keep saying they are building a case but i keep getting different stories from them. Im starting to get really pissed but the Lt said i should get it back before the end of the year is there are no more complications...

Pipeless416
12-08-2008, 12:23 PM
No i never got it registered. I was fixin to cuz i wanted to check out those places like croom and ocala but due to my limited time schedule i never got a chance too....

As far as security systems go, i cant really say, cuz then they wouldnt be to secure now would they? But they wont be your average system, it will involve car alarms first, midevil stuff second(daggers, swords, swinging axes...you get my point), and last but not least, flame throwers. I really do feel sorry for the next idiots that try to break into our garage, cuz my father in law is not playin around....

oh yeah and security cameras so we can watch what happens over and over again...:D

i would hate to have a malfunction. :ermm:

scuzz
01-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Did you get it back yet?

adawg89
01-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
Did you get it back yet?

Check top of page 3 ;)

scuzz
01-07-2009, 01:32 PM
I did.

They found it...but he didn't get it back yet because he couldn't find the VIN

adawg89
01-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
I did.

They found it...but he didn't get it back yet because he couldn't find the VIN

Oops I should of read more then :(

scuzz
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by adawg89
Oops I should of read more then :(

No worries, it's OK.

:)

big95xj
01-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Hey guys! Its been a while. I have kind of fallin out of the game here and havent been on in a while. Ive been doin the Jeep thing off road and what not so ive been over on cherokeeforum.com. BUT i got some good news. I get to go pick up the 400 tomorrow. Turns out they couldnt raise the VIN through acid etching so the VIN thing isnt really all that important but about a week before it got stolen i shortened the exhuast on it by cutting about 3 inches off of my FMF. Turns out this it was got it back for me. I gave it to the detectives and they matched it up and approved it for release. I would have taken it friday but i didnt have a way to get it home. Thanks all.

tyman2395
01-11-2009, 07:53 PM
good to here man now get it home and enjoy it

big95xj
01-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Well i finally got it back today. To normal people like my dad and my wife its not so bad but to ME as anal as i am, its destroyed. THe wiring harness has been butchered, it has some non 400ex coil on it that is way to big, the oil is pitch black and burnt to a crisp, everything ive cleaned and painted nicely has been quickly hit with black rattle can or gotten extremely dirty, stickers gone, tires flat, motor is backfiring pretty bad for some reason. BUT i think they might have rejetted it for me:D I hooked up the battery charger for a few minutes and it fired right up, it ran ****ty for a minute but smoothed out a bit. All in all i guess its fixable and i got it back. Oh and my bumper is missing....well not missing. Its on a 300ex at the impound but they wont let me take it off.....

hypersnyper6947
01-13-2009, 09:26 AM
That sucks but atleast you got it back and the motor is not blown. All in all i think you have more to be happy about than pissed about.

scuzz
01-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Check your cam, if the oil is burnt your cam could be worn and not letting your valves open.

big95xj
01-14-2009, 04:10 PM
So i rode it today for the first time since getting it back and there is definately something wrong. It is way down on power....:(

01-14-2009, 04:13 PM
So i rode it today for the first time since getting it back and there is definately something wrong. It is way down on power....:(

That sucks...

Well, the only thing to do is take a compression test.

big95xj
01-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Yeah and i think it may have something to do with it now having the right coil on it. When they stole it they couldnt get it started i guess so they replaced the coil with some huge coil that is obviously not for a 400ex.

sc400ex_rider
01-15-2009, 08:54 AM
you could get a harness, coil and 450r bumper off ebay pretty cheap. maybe you could sue the person for the repairs of your quad. alot of times they have to pay restitution to get or stay out of jail. get a nice fat estimate from the local honda shop or just keep all you receipts. just a thought.

big95xj
01-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Yeah im definatley going to try to get something out of them but since it is still an ongoing investigation the records arent public yet. So technically i dont know who to sue.