PDA

View Full Version : Might be moving!

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Its ALOT to think about ... actually, we pretty much have our minds made up that we are ready but not sure to where or what to do with our house yet but ...:confused:
My Husband may have an opportunity to get a job transfer in California or Arizona ,there seems to be alot more jobs avail. there than here-ALOT more..
Anyhow, last year a lady at the race track told me that I could call someone and they could give me a list of the States best and worst in Crime rate, good schools and basically, a run down of things that might help in deciding where to relocate to .

Does anyone here(maybe someone in law enforcement?) know where I would turn to get this info??

Quad18star
11-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Damn you got me all excited .... I thought I might end up with a new neighbour. LOL :p

I can't help you with what you're looking for .... but isn't Arizona in a bad situation employment wise? Thought I heard something about that on the TV the other day. Or maybe it was Nevada?!?!?

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Damn you got me all excited .... I thought I might end up with a new neighbour. LOL :p

I can't help you with what you're looking for .... but isn't Arizona in a bad situation employment wise? Thought I heard something about that on the TV the other day. Or maybe it was Nevada?!?!?
Im pretty sure is was Arizon as well.. but not in Troys line of work
Right now there is 53 job positions between both states. Thre is ZERO here.
Hes been wiating for 5 months to take on t he position they actually hired him for and hes still waiting.:ermm:
We cant wait much longer the pay cut is just killing us right now .

I think abotu the ony thing I worry about is KElseys starting out her High school years in a new school. She is doing sooooo good here and she would have to leave her freinds she has grown up with her whole life.
Brandon I dont worry about .. He can go to a grocery store and make a new freind before we leave .LOL :p
Kelsey said she is ready to move though,she hate the cold and loves the heat and wants closer rto all the things we love to do so it all makes sense to make the transition... I just need to find out wheres is best to live so he knows where to apply first.

Troy is whats called a line driver.. They are what you see on the Interstate pulling doubles/triples.He got very very lucky when he got hired .. most of those jobs take a long time to get, but in the same, drivers with all the endorsements required I guess are had to find too.

Quad18star
11-11-2008, 11:29 AM
I think if it was my choice , I'd be Arizona bound . Seems like a nice state ... although I've never been to it . My parents are thinking of going down to Arizona and finding a place for the winter months ..... they're getting too old to enjoy the winter months up here now . LOL ;)

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
[ My parents are thinking of going down to Arizona and finding a place for the winter months ..... they're getting too old to enjoy the winter months up here now . LOL ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Troy and I feel there pain....:o

The last two years we both are feeling colder weather more .
Kelseys plates been bothering her from it too.

<DRS>GPF
11-11-2008, 11:51 AM
by state: http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/

by city: http://www.cqpress.com/pages/citycrime2007

comparison site: http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/

those were just from the top of the list.. and seemed kind of general..

most time you can google the city youre going to, along with the word "crime" before or after and youll usually get results.

QuadJunkies
11-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the links! :) Ill check that out!

The way she explained it to me it was something pretty detailed that she got .

quad59
11-12-2008, 07:54 AM
I lived in Tucson for a couple of years it was awesome.. I loved it and I miss it. I think Arizona would be cheaper all around cost of living wise.

CaptainCanuck
11-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
I think if it was my choice , I'd be Arizona bound . Seems like a nice state ... although I've never been to it . My parents are thinking of going down to Arizona and finding a place for the winter months ..... they're getting too old to enjoy the winter months up here now . LOL ;)
I couldn't live in Arizona. I love the Canadian winter too much. I'd rather move to a state like Colorado or Wisconsin or Montana where the climate is similar to Alberta. A year without winter would be like a hockey game without sticks.

gojk
11-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Arizona winters are awesome. It is the summers that can get brutal.

As for the crime...

It really all depends on the neighborhoods that you live in. For the Phoenix valley, there is deff good and bad parts of town. Most of the time it is really easy to tell the diff just by driving through.

Are you guys looking to move to the city or a small suburban town?

QuadJunkies
11-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by gojk
Arizona winters are awesome. It is the summers that can get brutal.

As for the crime...

It really all depends on the neighborhoods that you live in. For the Phoenix valley, there is deff good and bad parts of town. Most of the time it is really easy to tell the diff just by driving through.

Are you guys looking to move to the city or a small suburban town?

Living on the outskirts I think would be good. Right now we are both spending two hours a day between the two of us commuting for less,plus its not directly in the city.

biker
11-13-2008, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by quad59
I lived in Tucson for a couple of years it was awesome.. I loved it and I miss it. I think Arizona would be cheaper all around cost of living wise.

you lived in Arizona and you moved to seville Ohio?:huh dude what were you thinking?
Sorry back on topic! I envy you Quadjunkies but my wife wouldnt even remotely think about moving! i would jump in heart beat! goodluck with your decisions!:cool:

quad59
11-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by biker
you lived in Arizona and you moved to seville Ohio?:huh dude what were you thinking?
Sorry back on topic! I envy you Quadjunkies but my wife wouldnt even remotely think about moving! i would jump in heart beat! goodluck with your decisions!:cool:

I was in the military and started my family.. I did not want my kids to grow up moving from place to place. I made out good though, i have federal job in ohio. Stability of working for the governemnt doing the same thing I was doing and loved active duty. Living in the same county I grew up in.

gojk
11-13-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Living on the outskirts I think would be good. Right now we are both spending two hours a day between the two of us commuting for less,plus its not directly in the city.

The whole problem with the Phoenix valley is that it is all built out rather than up. So you are going to be putting on some serious miles daily to commute.

Anyhow, if you guys do decide to move here. I can point out the better parts of town that would be close(r) to Troys or your work.

QuadJunkies
11-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by gojk
The whole problem with the Phoenix valley is that it is all built out rather than up. So you are going to be putting on some serious miles daily to commute.

Anyhow, if you guys do decide to move here. I can point out the better parts of town that would be close(r) to Troys or your work.

Thanks, I appreciate that :)

I remember leaving Surprise to take Troy to the airport slightly, but I dont remember alot because we were concentrating on the bad weather. lol

Im still in shock how bad the rain was that wk end for round 1 of the WORCS

:scary:

He is going to talk to his boss hopefully sometime this week to see which positions are the better ones to aim for and the ones that are not and go from there.

ALOT to think about and alot to talk with the kids about. I would realy like to try and balance out something to where we are in a smaller suburb if possible so that my kids can keep in a hometown setting a little bit . I feel smaller schools are just better.

316raptor
11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
I moved out here in the Valley around 3 years ago from Ohio and there is not much of small city to move to. I don't think I would ever send my kid to any of there inner schools here and the nice cities are very expensive to live in. Crime is all over even in the nice parts of town because there is nice stuff and they will come and get it. Winters are great and the dunes are awesome but i sure miss home and the people. Good luck with the move and hope all works out.

QuadJunkies
11-13-2008, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by 316raptor
I moved out here in the Valley around 3 years ago from Ohio and there is not much of small city to move to. I don't think I would ever send my kid to any of there inner schools here and the nice cities are very expensive to live in. Crime is all over even in the nice parts of town because there is nice stuff and they will come and get it. Winters are great and the dunes are awesome but i sure miss home and the people. Good luck with the move and hope all works out.
Thanks.. we might need it . lol

Crime is actually getting bad here in our small town too.
We just experienced it a month ago. :mad: