PDA

View Full Version : Trx450r or Banshee

yamadog
11-11-2008, 05:49 AM
hi guys i bought a 2005 450r about a year ago got it curtis sparked piped graphics nerfs etc..i moved from a 240 blaster to this because i wanted more power, but i have always wanted a banshee. I do alot of trail riding with a few straightaways here and there and was wondering wanted to switch it up and go back to two stroke but i just want other people input on the subject ill try 2 get a pic of my 450r.

Blaze
11-11-2008, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by yamadog
hi guys i bought a 2005 450r about a year ago got it curtis sparked piped graphics nerfs etc..i moved from a 240 blaster to this because i wanted more power, but i have always wanted a banshee. I do alot of trail riding with a few straightaways here and there and was wondering wanted to switch it up and go back to two stroke but i just want other people input on the subject ill try 2 get a pic of my 450r.
all depends on what you like, idk how the 450 eats gas but i do know the banshee eats gas like a hawg. I like two strokes, but all up to how you like to ride. have you ever ridden a Banshee?

yamadog
11-11-2008, 06:54 AM
yes i have rode a banshee but it was around 4 or 5 years back so i really dont remember or have anything to compare it to now a days i just remember it being fast

Blaze
11-11-2008, 08:09 AM
i never rode a trx 450r, but yes the Banshees are fast, i lovethe powerband.

yamadog
11-11-2008, 02:48 PM
the trx450r s are very fast too escpecially after piping one but i just dont want to be downgrading i know banshees are fast too but i dont know how they run against trx450rs

trx250rider
11-11-2008, 06:04 PM
i think thats a no brainer...the 450 will eat the banshee up in the trail and thats what you said you mostly do..im not knocking banshees at all,they make the best draggers and duners but were talking trails..yes banshees can be made trail bikes but i dont think you want to spend thousands on suspension...if you really want a two stroke and miss that powerband, buy a 250r..you cant go wrong with that, plus they have the best frame geometry ever..great for riding trails,drags,and dunes and can also be made to out run or run with any banshee or 450...

martimatt550
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I respect all the guys , but my banshee has never had a problem with any 450 regardless of mods , although i'm heavily modded. you can have a banshee that runs on the trail without spending thousands on the suspension by using yam 450 shocks on asr a arms ............ the 250r is the legend of all atvs as stated..... but the banshee is the most versatile of any atv ever produced. I do believe that you should love 2 strokes over 4 strokes to make the decision to use a 2 stroke for trail riding.:D :D :D :

trx250rider
11-11-2008, 08:25 PM
okay maybe your right about the trails but my point was that the 450r or the 250r would be better all around.take into consideration mx riding for example.how many mx banshees are there?anyways i guess it comes down to rider preference..back to the original question i would think that the 450 would be better as for the type of riding you want to do and at the same time can easily be used for any type of riding..good luck on your decision

11-11-2008, 08:26 PM
With some front shocks, they really aren't bad in the trails. Especially after you drop to a 12 tooth.

As far as power.. don't listen to the banshee haters. Your not going LOWER on power. If anything higher.

450's and banshee's are about dead even with exhaust system's, filters, and open airbox. They both are about dead even with equal riders, with the banshee feeling faster because of the sudden hit.

But throw porting on a shee and its all over. You have to mod the chit out of a 450 to get even close to 65hp. A banshee with mild port job can easily get up to 65hp.

So it's really up to what you have more fun on. Find a banshee to ride and see how you like it.

To me, nothing can beat that 2-stroke hit.

11-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by trx250rider
okay maybe your right about the trails but my point was that the 450r or the 250r would be better all around.take into consideration mx riding for example.how many mx banshees are there?anyways i guess it comes down to rider preference..back to the original question i would think that the 450 would be better as for the type of riding you want to do and at the same time can easily be used for any type of riding..good luck on your decision

I forget where it was, but there was a montreal motorcross video back from 2002 when 250r's and 400ex's ruled. There was a few banshee's though, and 1st was 250r 2nd was 250r and 3rd was banshee.

So 3rd place on a banshee is not bad at all against these supposed excellent handling 250r's.

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX

So 3rd place on a banshee is not bad at all against these supposed excellent handling 250r's. [/B]

lol..supposed excellent handeling..thats funny and also a whole different thread...any true atv rider would tell you your crazy to even try and compare a banshee to a 250r in the handeling department, we all know how top heavy they are..shame on you..and that was also 2002, thats almost 7 years ago..look whats ruleing now..the 450.and im not a banshee hater..i was actually going to buy one until i found my 250r, and im actually looking for a banshee now to do my next build..i love all quads so no hateing here.if you read my post i said banshees could be made trail bike but the 450 is a better choice thats clear and simple,hands down and no argueement...yamadog, go into the 450 section or any section for that matter and ask the same question..run a poll and see which wins...

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 06:11 AM
YAMADOG..HERE IS A LINK FOR A POLL I SET UP IN THE OTHER INFORMATION SECTION THAT WAY IT WILL NOT BE BIASED...HOPE YOU WATCH THIS AND SEE THAT THE DECISION FOR YOUR TYPE OF RIDING IS CLEAR

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=371047

250r4life
11-12-2008, 10:26 AM
I forget where it was, but there was a montreal motorcross video back from 2002 when 250r's and 400ex's ruled. There was a few banshee's though, and 1st was 250r 2nd was 250r and 3rd was banshee.

So 3rd place on a banshee is not bad at all against these supposed excellent handling 250r's.

changed the name, but still talking the same clueless shiz

WilRideAnything
11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
If your looking for handling there is no comparison. The Banshee is out dated, it hasn't changed since 1989. Any newer 450 will out run it in the woods.

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
changed the name, but still talking the same clueless shiz

Pretty much. His Pop's has a Banshee, so you know they're the baddest ever!!!

11-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Pretty much. His Pop's has a Banshee, so you know they're the baddest ever!!!

LOL you guys make me laugh.

By "supposed excellent handling" I was basically saying yes, they handle great but a good rider on a banshee could still hang.

Yes, banshee's do not handle as good as a 250r. But I like the feel of them and something about riding the 250r just isn't as fun to me. It's a cool bike.. but I just dont get the same thrill.

And I loved banshee's long before my dad bought one. Thats also why I bought one just not too long ago.

I'm not biased I go by what I feel I like better. God forbid someone actually likes a ****in banshee on here they get beat up left and right for being a biased moron.

All this site is, is 450 lovers. That think the 450's were gods gift to the world.

If your racing MX, then of couse the 450 is better. And of course they are dominant now.. in handling. In power they are still only a close match to the banshee. And the 450's can only be built so much before they blow left and right.

Now in the woods, which this thread was about, neither are great. Many say the 450r isn't good in the woods because of the rev-happy engine and stiff suspension. Same with the banshee.

Let the guy ride both and see what he has more fun on. I was just saying I get more fun from the banshee.

And 250r4life, you talk chit all the time. You think you know everything about banshee's because you had some pos that probably didn't even run right and you didn't know what was dont to it. SO stay out of the banshee section, you know chit about them.
How was that clueless? Your clueless. Pretty pathetic when a 15 year old knows more about this stuff then you. Get a clue.

yamadog
11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
thanks guys for your input i love my 450r but im always looking for somthing new it will be a very tough decision though i am leaning towards sticking to my 4-stroke just because of its reliability and because it is a newer more modernized machine that i know handles better then a banshee but like others posted i still want that banshee power band thrill.....but ill keep my eye on the poll and give this smoe tiime to get more opinions

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 03:30 PM

If your racing MX, then of couse the 450 is better. And of course they are dominant now.. in handling. In power they are still only a close match to the banshee. And the 450's can only be built so much before they blow left and right.

Now in the woods, which this thread was about, neither are great. Many say the 450r isn't good in the woods because of the rev-happy engine and stiff suspension. Same with the banshee.

Pretty pathetic when a 15 year old knows more about this stuff then you. Get a clue.

Banshees blow left and right when built to the gord. Get your facts straight.

Have you ever rode a 450? Rev happy would be banshee. 4 strokes can lug all day ling.

And I don't think you know as much as you think you do.

11-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Banshees blow left and right when built to the gord. Get your facts straight.

Have you ever rode a 450? Rev happy would be banshee. 4 strokes can lug all day ling.

And I don't think you know as much as you think you do.

Answered in order..

Where do they blow left and right? Maybe when @ssholes own them (which is 75% of the time) and hackjob the engine. Go over to bansheehq, or look up some professional builders like F.A.S.T. or Passion Racing Engines. You can build a fairly reliable 70hp 4mil that will be more reliable then a 70hp 450. 450 engines are under a lot of stress.. where do you think that power comes from? the displacement? These days they really put some hi-tech chit in the motor.. and they wont last at 70hp wide open in the dunes all the time. Not happening. Get YOUR facts straight.

Yes, I have rode a 450 before. It was fairly modded too. It felt like it was more mid-range then anything but definitely liked to rev and needed a lot more clutching in the tight stuff then my 400ex. Sure they'll lug around if you lower the gearing.. but its the same on a banshee.

11-12-2008, 03:38 PM
The whole point IM trying to get at, is that the 450's are really nice bikes. They handle good, can keep up with banshee's until the banshee's ported, and are basically good for all around.

But in MY HONEST OPINION I cant see myself giving up the banshee for one. It becomes an addiction.. and you really get used to the handling after a while. With a set of front shocks and a-arms they aren't all that horrendous to ride.

Other people may feel differently, which is fine. Why make an argument out of it? Peoples opinions are peoples opinions... everyones different.

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Get YOUR facts straight.

They're straight, and if there's one thing I know, a fourwheeler putting out 70 horsepower is good for a pro mx bike or the dunes. Back to the woods... A banshee just won't cut it. Period.

And don't compare your 400 to a 450, ever.

11-12-2008, 05:24 PM
They're straight, and if there's one thing I know, a fourwheeler putting out 70 horsepower is good for a pro mx bike or the dunes. Back to the woods... A banshee just won't cut it. Period.

And don't compare your 400 to a 450, ever.

Yeah, on a banshee. 70hp is A LOT for a 450 and rarely heard of. Most of the time they're around 65hp.

And why wont a banshee cut it? I really question your rider skills.. or if you ever even rode a banshee. With a smaller sprocket I can easily handle a banshee in the woods. It's not difficult at all and the seat is like sitting on a sofa.

I didn't turn this into a fight. You and your smart @ss remarks did.

Long story short.. everyone has different opinions and tastes.. and any quad could be ridden anywhere with the right rider or if your comfortable on it. Let him ride both and see what he likes.. end of story. Im done.

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 05:31 PM
I've ridden a couple of Banshees and I can outride you any day of the week. Go eat something and question your own rider skills. And if you are sitting on the quad while riding "hard", you haven't ever rode.

Blaze
11-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok, We all have our own opinions, Drop it, DMC is trying to drop now why won't the rest of you just let it go.

If you get used to handling a banshee you can swing it around fairly nicely. I have had my banshee for almost two weeks now and i am in love with it. I never could have made a better choice. I gave up a 2005 trx 450r for the same price i payed for my banshee and i am certain that i do not regret it. I love my Banshee.

11-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I've ridden a couple of Banshees and I can outride you any day of the week. Go eat something and question your own rider skills. And if you are sitting on the quad while riding "hard", you haven't ever rode.

Ive been riding for a long time.

I sit when it's pretty smooth fast-paced stuff, or if im going slow. When I feel like going fast and really ripping I stand up.

Simple as that.

Get a life other than picking arguments with 15 year olds. Pretty pathetic.

11-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Blaze
Ok, We all have our own opinions, Drop it, DMC is trying to drop now why won't the rest of you just let it go.

If you get used to handling a banshee you can swing it around fairly nicely. I have had my banshee for almost two weeks now and i am in love with it. I never could have made a better choice. I gave up a 2005 trx 450r for the same price i payed for my banshee and i am certain that i do not regret it. I love my Banshee.

exactly how I feel.

The banshee feels awkward at first. When I ride the 400 for long periods of time and jump on the banshee.. it feels out of place and odd.

But when you ride it for a while you get used to it/comfortable on it and can throw it around pretty decently.

Blaze
11-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Yeah took me a little bit on the tight turns but i am used to it now.

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
[B]Ive been riding for a long time.

your 15...lol how long do you consider a long time..also any body know it easier and cheaper to get power out of a two stroke but your also comparing a twin to a single..if you can get 65hp out of a 450 now, think about how much you could get out of it if i was a twin..the bottom line is the 450 is a better trail bike then the banshee.. yamadog is considering selling his quad for something better for the trails so we need to keep that in mind to give him good information and help him,not tell him to get a banshee cause you have one and like it...i preety much started this whole argument not because i dont like banshees(looking for one now actually) but to help him make the right decision...and no i dont own a 450 but ride with lots of them..the 450 is able to apply the power to the ground better than any two stroke...

11-12-2008, 06:16 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
[B]Ive been riding for a long time.

your 15...lol how long do you consider a long time..also any body know it easier and cheaper to get power out of a two stroke but your also comparing a twin to a single..if you can get 65hp out of a 450 now, think about how much you could get out of it if i was a twin..the bottom line is the 450 is a better trail bike then the banshee.. yamadog is considering selling his quad for something better for the trails so we need to keep that in mind to give him good information and help him,not tell him to get a banshee cause you have one and like it...i preety much started this whole argument not because i dont like banshees(looking for one now actually) but to help him make the right decision...and no i dont own a 450 but ride with lots of them..the 450 is able to apply the power to the ground better than any two stroke...

Since I was 6.. almost 10 years.

And im all fine with both quads.. I just hate when people rag on banshee's saying they flat out suck when they aren't that horrible.

Thats why I also said like 50 times for him to go ride a banshee and see which he likes more then make a decision. Have I not said that?

Opinions.. thats what it comes down to. And i was expressing mine, and bascially telling him to ride both and see what his opinion is on both.

11-12-2008, 06:18 PM
oh, and about the twin thing..

I would like to see a twin cylinder 350cc 4-poker match the power of the 2-poker:cool:

lol. just screwin with ya, buts its true.

trx250rider
11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
i didnt say a twin 350 4 stroke...i said 450 twin...and when it comes down to it i never said banshees suck, you said in the poll if you were doing xc you would ride a 450..thats the point im trying to make...and dont compare a banshee with aftermarket suspension and a arms to a stock 450..dont you think if he wanted to buy suspension that he'd rather have it on the 450 and have twice the handleing as the shee.

11-12-2008, 06:40 PM
i didnt say a twin 350 4 stroke...i said 450 twin...and when it comes down to it i never said banshees suck, you said in the poll if you were doing xc you would ride a 450..thats the point im trying to make...and dont compare a banshee with aftermarket suspension and a arms to a stock 450..dont you think if he wanted to buy suspension that he'd rather have it on the 450 and have twice the handleing as the shee.

dude i was joking about the twin, chill. And plus, if it was a twin it still needs that extra 100cc to be faster. And it still wouldnt have the extent of mods the shee does.

I said if I RACED xc i would pick a 450. For just riding though.. ill still take the ol shee.:)

fastredrider44
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I stated my opinions. The Banshee is a fine quad, however stock for stock, there is no contest on which is better for trail riding. If your trails are very wide, smooth and fast, get the Banshee.

That being said, I'm done arguing. All I can say is go ride a Banshee on your normal trails before selling your 450.

martimatt550
11-12-2008, 11:41 PM
that was a serious blast....... one thing for sure we all love our quads and we all want to help, It's amazing how our own experiences shape our opinions :D :D :D :D :D :D

250r4life
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
i'll tell you what hondamasterbator, i'll line up my 185s against your banshee right now and we'll see how bad it is... :devil:

11-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i'll tell you what hondamasterbator, i'll line up my 185s against your banshee right now and we'll see how bad it is... :devil:

hellz yeah gay4life your on:devil:

Lets make it for pinks:p

yamadog
11-15-2008, 11:23 AM
i came to one problem though, absolutely no one i know rides banshees so how can i go test one out to see how i like the fel and power then?

Blaze
11-16-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by yamadog
i came to one problem though, absolutely no one i know rides banshees so how can i go test one out to see how i like the fel and power then?
Find somebody that does have one or who ever you go to look at one at seee if you can test run it.

yamadog
11-22-2008, 12:40 PM
alright that makes sense, probbly be my best shot ill try and go through with that

CR500rider
12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
I have both machines sitting in my garage (banshee and trx450r) both are stock except for rear tires, which are the same on both machines. The banshee is my brothers and the 450 is mine. Sometimes we trade machines for a while when we go riding. Here is what i noticed about both machines:

the 450 is strong from idle till when the rev limiter kicks in, it wheelies on command, and i would say at least 90% of the power goes straight to the ground, it doesnt spin much. It does seem a little top heavy and feels like it might tip over at times but it hasnt happened yet. It is VERY good on gas, i can ride a full day on one tank or about 2.2 gallons. It starts fairly easy but has a specific starting routine that you must follow. The 450 is extremely fast but doesnt really seem like it because there is no "hit". I think the 450 is a fairly comfortable machine to ride, mostly reminds me of riding my CR....tall and narrow.

The Banshee on the other hand is strong from maybe 5,000 rpms to redline. it will not wheelie as easy as my 450 as all the power it makes turns into wheelspin and flying dirt. It will wheelie however it takes a little tug on the handle bars. It seems very stable as far as tipping over and can spin donuts absolutely all day long, where my 450 grabs traction and throws you right off of it. The banshee drinks gas at an alarming rate...and also oil. the gas tank is over 3 gallons i think and it is on reserve before the tank on my 450 is even half gone. The banshe is a one-kick start EVERY TIME. Possibly the easiest starting machine i have ever seen. It is xtremely fast and feels like it! In a drag race we are dead even through 5th gear, the banshe has another gear but we ran out of space. Also when riding the banshee it feels like a couch, my knees are high and the bars seem low. Uncomfortable to me after 30 minuets or so, and im glad to be back on my 450. my brother says mine is uncomfortable to ride and hes glad to be back on his banshee.

All in all for trial riding i would take the 450, im sure my brother would take his banshee. Its just personal preference.

12-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Lol, yeah, banshee's do suck on gas.

Try a piped one with 280 main jets.. we averaged 6mpg.

haha. its so worth it though. Maybe its also worse because, unlike 450's where you can putt a little more, you constantly want to mash the throttle on the banshee:devil:

x rider1291
12-07-2008, 01:58 PM
Lol, yeah, banshee's do suck on gas.

Try a piped one with 280 main jets.. we averaged 6mpg.

haha. its so worth it though. Maybe its also worse because, unlike 450's where you can putt a little more, you constantly want to mash the throttle on the banshee:devil:

lol i kno exactly what you mean. i was at a pit the other day with my buddies and i brought my banshee. after a while i started to get real tired and got on my friends yfz450 and it was nice because i felt like i could just relax a little and cruise around. but on the banshee its feels like it wont let you cruise around like it makes you just rip through every gear lol

Blaze
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
I never rode a yfz 450, but i have raced my brother and his.

hondaracer_34
12-10-2008, 09:06 AM
my buddy just got a banshee and they are pretty cool. compared to my 450 the only thing i liked about the banshee is the snappy top end. you can whip that thing around no problem, but i like the torquey power on the 450. Its personal preference really. I wouldn't mind having a banshee though to mess around on. Both are good machines...i just prefer the 450