PDA

View Full Version : point me in the right direction..Lowering ride hight

st8jacket
11-10-2008, 11:01 PM
Were gonna try to lower my nephews 250r/cr80 hybrid tommorow..Past 2 races he's bicycled it up on two wheels in a corner..He's been hooking his leg and dam neer comming off the quad leaning in to the turn how he should..

The run down of the quad is..
stock frame
janssen outlaw2 a-arms
fox float evol dcs
janssen stock length swinger
axis dual rate valved for rider

rider weighs 120 lgs..

the ride hight now is about 8'' towards the center of frame,and the a-arms still set a lil angled down while he's on the quad..I wanna try to get his ride hight down about 2-3 inches if possible..

For the rear should we raise the preload collars a bit and lower the main spring cross over hight?and possibly bump up the compression on the ressy?

for the front floats were kinda shooting in the dark,as we never messed with that type of shock before..Ive read the book front to back 4 times and im still lost..

sorry for the long post..But thanks in advance..

dunatic
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
lower the preload will soften the initial compression. If the rear shock works well, then buy a durablue adjustable dog bone.

if you check ebay, you can find a guy that sells a front lowering kit for bikes like the raptor, 450r, etc. email him and ask if he would build you a set for the "R"

deathman53
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
if you want to lower the rear end, use a 85/86 dogbone, I'm betting it has a 87-89(shorter) dogbone

st8jacket
11-13-2008, 08:06 PM
nah,not going with the lowering kit..Lowered the main chamber pressure on the front floats and dropped it a bit..The rear has the longer of the two dog bones already on it..We have a few extras..We have an adjustable dogbone from a nother quad and need to make a couple delrin bushings for it..Just need to get through 2 last races in the next two weeks and the bikes getting stripped down and engine and frames getting sold off..He blew a case gasket this past weekend at Englishtown,and was smoking like a train..Building the spare engine as I right this..

st8jacket
11-15-2008, 11:05 PM
while we were swapping engines last night I was comparing dogbone lengths..Well our stupidity,there was sure nough the shorter out of the two on it..We swapped them out and it did indeed lower the rear about 1-2 inches..The fronts we dropped the main chamber by 10lbs. and it lowered it nicely..the ride hight of the frame is now,,at the foot peg 7-1/4 and at the from nerf bar mount is 7-1/2..The race was rained out today,so no go on trying it out..So Deathman,you were correct...!!