PDA

View Full Version : Big changes coming to Breezewood

quad2xtreme
11-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Well, it finally happened. This old man, "C" class rider finally hit all the jumps at Breezewood. So did I get a big congrats from Dan? Nope, he just said it must be time to change things up if Jon can hit it. LMAO!!! Thanks Dan. I might be old but I haven't peaked yet. :p I'm still learning.

jesseweaver
11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
congrats:macho im still not quite there yet, but ive only got like 2 rides on my bike so far... time will tell. i need to hit the connector, the up hill step up and big double after the flag jump yet and the big double beside the 2 tables going away from the bleachers on the int. track yet.

dan, you should change up the water jump on the int. track before the connector. that berm before it is sweet and i can rail around there, then i have to get on the brakes and downshift for the water jump. maybe ill just have to learn how to scrub it:confused: i crashed 2 times there by overshooting it and getting on the brakes too hard and sliding the back out into the berm after it. and the option line to that is VERY slow. i was thinking maybe you could combine them and make a nice step down, you don't have any of them at the park.:ermm:

quad2xtreme
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
thanks.

If you are doing the ski jump then IMO you have conquered the most difficult. Of those you have left, I did the intermediate track double, then the uphill double, the connector, then the one after the flag jump. I would do them in that same order even if I were on a motorcycle.

BTW, I was just kidding about Dan. He coached me over the water jump and rooted me over all the other jumps from the bleachers. A big thanks to Gus, Dan, and Tyler for helping me over the connector too.

I don't think the intermediate water jump is going to change. That jump is really easy but intimidating. I finally like the option line. It used to be too fast that someone taking it could get in your way if you wanted to do the water jump. Now, you can follow and see which way they go. Even if they go to the right, you have plenty of time to get over the water jump without running into them. People need to learn if you do go to the right then you should yield right-of-way there.

/Jon

quad2xtreme
11-11-2008, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
i was thinking maybe you could combine them and make a nice step down, you don't have any of them at the park.:ermm:

I consider the next jump after the connector on the big track a step down...granted I've seen stepdowns that are more like dropping down off a cliff.

dan harris
11-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Congradulations on hitting all the jumps at the park Jon. You looked really comfortable out here this weekend. Now that you've done them all, whats your favorite?? Whats the hardest one?? ....and finally what would you change. I like them all so much its hard to change any of them, and I'm running out of room to build new ones.

ltr450rider21
11-11-2008, 02:11 PM
^ make a new track then ;)

jesseweaver
11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
i thought a new track was in planning:confused: true?

and yea i forgot about that one after the connector thats a step down i guess. the landings lower than the takeoff. i mean put in a real stepdown like a dropoff. you could make it closer to the berm so you dont have as much speed and make a real nice step down triple with a small lander in the middle for the slower riders

dan harris
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately a new track is no longer in the works. I spent over 20 grand trying to get the permits and just became discouraged.

The step down sounds like a good idea, I'll find a place for it before next year.

jesseweaver
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
sounds good. dont make it too gnarly though. i hate step downs to tell you the truth. just thought there should be one there.

quad2xtreme
11-11-2008, 04:44 PM
I love the tracks as they are now. Now I can focus more on my turning and blocking skills. One has to work hard to keep "Dirty Dan" from putting a "move" on. :devil:

Hardest = Flag jump...mostly my fear from nose diving off this once.

Scariest = Downhill ski jump (big pucker up factor and a very unique jump that I haven't seen at any other track)

Favorite jump = Triple by the bleachers or the big connector. Both provide great air time with soft landings. Be even better if I could learn a few tricks. :)

Change for the big track = tough one. Maybe we need a "bleacher-like" jump to provide more entertainment but I don't know where. Maybe where the lower step-up is...but you would have to move the bleachers from that corner in case somebody lost control. Wouldn't be good to be standing by the bleachers when a riderless quad comes flying in.

Change for Intermediate track = none. I love all the double lines and wider wouldn't make much difference. This track is the perfect place for beginners to learn, intermediate riders to advance, and advanced riders to play. Maybe the water jump could be moved a little further from the turn to make Jesse happy. ;) I have to say there is always a little pucker factor here due to the berm being right there. No biggie though. I do slow down though if there is a rider on the right getting ready to come into that turn.

dan harris
11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Jon, thanks for the feed back. Jesse - your a little confusing.

jesseweaver
11-11-2008, 08:34 PM
yea i tihnk im a little confused myself. i was watching videos of blue diamond i think it was and they have crazy step downs with really small landings and i would hate that is what i guess im trying to say. i like the step down after the connector on the big track.

i do have a pretty cool video of 2 guys on red quads friday, im pretty sure it was you 2. coming back towards the bleachers on the int. track someone took the left side table-table and cut inside for the next berm and cut off the other guy really bad, its kinda funny, ill have to post it sometime.

jesseweaver
11-11-2008, 08:39 PM
how hard is the double after the flag jump? that one is the most intimidating to me i think. i always like to roll the jumps a few times and you cant really on that one. it seems really big and it seems like it would be hard braking down into that next berm

quad2xtreme
11-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
how hard is the double after the flag jump? that one is the most intimidating to me i think. i always like to roll the jumps a few times and you cant really on that one. it seems really big and it seems like it would be hard braking down into that next berm

it is relatively easy compared to how it looks. There definitely isn't any issue with slowing down before the next berm. It is intimidating because you can't see the lander so it is hard to judge how fast you need to go. I walked down to the ramp and watched Dan and a couple others going off it. I listened to their engines to judge the speed, etc. I made sure I went a little faster the first time off. I wouldn't want to come up short.

I would go for the double on the intermediate before I did this one. At least that one you can see everything and you can land up on top of it.

jherbie28
11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
the first time i hit the water double that was not a water jump yet, i followed barry off of it and about landed on him:p scary.

im really digging the inside lines on the barn track, fast fun track

the expert track is still fun! congrats jon welcome to the big boys club
:devil: just kidding man

hondaracer31
11-12-2008, 07:25 PM
You guys are gonna have to work with me next year. I've got some kind of mental block going on with the expert track this year:ermm: I have done and know I can do every jump out there, but this year I couldn't make myself do them:mad: :mad:
I like the tracks just the way they are. I just need to nut up and start going big again.

jesseweaver
11-12-2008, 09:08 PM
whos all going this sunday? a bunch of friends and me are planning on going to trevertone, but im trying to talk them into breezewood

quad2xtreme
11-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by hondaracer31
You guys are gonna have to work with me next year. I've got some kind of mental block going on with the expert track this year:ermm: I have done and know I can do every jump out there, but this year I couldn't make myself do them:mad: :mad:
I like the tracks just the way they are. I just need to nut up and start going big again.

It is definitely a mental block Barry. Everyone knows you've hit every jump there. The body doesn't bounce back so easy after 40. :p

08mxkfx
11-12-2008, 10:08 PM
i might try and get there this weekend since my buddy just picked up a crf450.

outacontrol
11-13-2008, 03:36 PM
take some warm clothes! the high is gonna be 37!

quad2xtreme
11-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by outacontrol
take some warm clothes! the high is gonna be 37!

Rocky Mountain ATV ARC Winter Gear!!!

08mxkfx
11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Just have to ride harder

damien28
11-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi Jon,
Congrats on doing all the jumps on the big track. The last time we were there I got all the jumps on my stock 450 and the same day I nosed real bad on the flag jump and ended up on my a**. Out of all the jumps on the big track I feel that's the scariest. My nuts are in my throat everytime I hit it. Stacy says hi.

jherbie28
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by damien28
Hi Jon,
Congrats on doing all the jumps on the big track. The last time we were there I got all the jumps on my stock 450 and the same day I nosed real bad on the flag jump and ended up on my a**. Out of all the jumps on the big track I feel that's the scariest. My nuts are in my throat everytime I hit it. Stacy says hi.

are you the guy that nose dived the flag jump and landed just about in the tires a few weeks ago? :p

outacontrol
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by jherbie28
are you the guy that nose dived the flag jump and landed just about in the tires a few weeks ago? :p

That would have been him, then he got felt up by his wife with everyone watching, faking some hip injury! haha
he had hit that jump many times before but had said that morning, that was the one he didnt like....

quad2xtreme
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
the first time i hit the water double that was not a water jump yet, i followed barry off of it and about landed on him:p scary.

im really digging the inside lines on the barn track, fast fun track

the expert track is still fun! congrats jon welcome to the big boys club
:devil: just kidding man

Feels great to hit them all...now if I can just do it again next year. I was riding pretty well. Usually I suck on Friday but this time I was really comfortable on Friday. Pretty sure it is from racing and visiting the tracks here in NC.

My frame is cracked again...not where Pappy fixed it. The problem just moved to another area now. I am meeting up with a frame fabricator tomorrow morning. He builds custom chopper frame, etc. He did a great job welding my broken heel guard. I split that right through the metal too.

Josh, you done for the season or heading back to BPG one more time? I wish I could make it over Thanksgiving but we are heading to KY to ride in the mountains again.

jesseweaver
11-14-2008, 09:17 PM
i hope i can hit everything next year. i can hit the ski jump and the flag jump but i have no idea why i havent hit the others. i spend most of the day on the int. track though usually.... highs in the 30s this sunday.... too cold for me.

dan harris
11-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Lousy weather here today (sat 11/15) tomorrow doesn't look any better. Its so foggy I can't even see the intermediate track from my house.

Hopefully the next two weekends will be much better.

Barry= good call on cancelling the ride!

hondaracer31
11-15-2008, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by dan harris
Barry= good call on cancelling the ride!

Yesterday was 70 and sunny. Today=50 and rain. Tommorrow=20 and snow! :huh

Welcome to NW PA!

Les Davis
11-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Dan since its planning to rain all weekend, looks like you might have to extend your closing date.....oh let's say for another month or so:blah: :devil: :D

I'm went crazy today milling around the house watching it rain. Was going to ride both days this weekend.

wvspeedfreak
11-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Hey Les,we are heading up one day on the week of Thanksgiving.Let me know if you can make it one day that week and we can get some riding in.I got a long way to go before I can keep up with ya though :p

Les Davis
11-15-2008, 05:31 PM
Jason I was planning to go up the Friday after turkey day and stay the night and ride Sat. also. Were you guys planning to go over the weekend or during the week? I could be persuaded to ride during the week also. Got some vacation time to use up.

wvspeedfreak
11-15-2008, 06:26 PM
I was going to go one day during the week.Let me know what day works best for you.

jesseweaver
11-15-2008, 11:45 PM
i might be up the sat or sun after thanksgiving. we'll be at the cabin idk though the rockets 2 mins away but that place isnt the greatest. ill see how the weathers looking and if i can get anyone to go

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 05:40 AM
Jason and Les, must be nice. Being close to BPG is the only thing I miss about Maryland.

dan harris
11-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Les, I feel bad I steered you guys wrong. Today turned out to be decent riding here. A bit cold, but that firmed the ground up and it wasn't muddy. We've got about a dozen riders out there ripping it up. Looking forward to seeing you guys during the week.

08mxkfx
11-16-2008, 12:01 PM
so when are you guys planning to go to BPG next? Cause i want to go sometime this week or net weekend.

Les Davis
11-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Les, I feel bad I steered you guys wrong. Today turned out to be decent riding here. A bit cold, but that firmed the ground up and it wasn't muddy. We've got about a dozen riders out there ripping it up. Looking forward to seeing you guys during the week.

no kidding! I almost called this morning but the weather channel called for rain and snow there all day. I really could do a better job forecasting the weather! Well since you steered me wrong today, I guess I should get a free membership for next season:D :devil:

I'm having more fun trimming bushes and raking leaves today anyways:grr: :mad:

jherbie28
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
jon that sucks about the frame dude but not bashing the hondas but it does seem like there the #1 frame braking, when it welded one place it just makes it weaker somewhere else:(

the weather sucks so much @$$ this time of year, very dissapointed on eck's mx not going through:ermm: rained and snowed all weekend in pennsylvania.

also not sure weather ill get a chance to ride again this year, well see. i was hopeing to get to barrys for this comming weekend if the weather was going to be nice, but with all the preperations to do for the spring wedding......who the hell knows?:p

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 02:29 PM
jon that sucks about the frame dude but not bashing the hondas but it does seem like there the #1 frame braking, when it welded one place it just makes it weaker somewhere else:(

the weather sucks so much @$$ this time of year, very dissapointed on eck's mx not going through:ermm: rained and snowed all weekend in pennsylvania.

also not sure weather ill get a chance to ride again this year, well see. i was hopeing to get to barrys for this comming weekend if the weather was going to be nice, but with all the preperations to do for the spring wedding......who the hell knows?:p

I was good on the frame for 2.5 yrs. Turns out, it is cracked all over the place again. The guy is going to do some major reinforcements on it...I gave him a 10 lb limit. :) I am thinking about buying a spare frame that Rollie is selling. It already has Lonestar and Walsh gussets on it.

You are always welcome to head down here if you get the desire to ride. All the tracks stay open year round. There are a few weekends were it is too cold but not many.

08mxkfx
11-16-2008, 02:44 PM
Hey how far do you live from Lake Gaston and NCMP? Because i plan on going down next month probably and looking for people down there that are from the area.

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 03:21 PM
50 minutes from NCMP. Not sure about the other. I will have to look it up.

Let me know when you plan to be there. I can definitely make a point to be there that weekend.

jherbie28
11-16-2008, 03:31 PM
jon i would love to come down there and ride with ya man, we have family in emerald isle. they are always looking to spend time with zach:p funny how you have kids and you dont matter any more:blah:

XXX -rider
11-16-2008, 05:40 PM
Dan,.. turn up the heat during Thanksgiving w/e please ..

we are planning on spending 3 or 4 days there ..weather permitting

quad2xtreme
11-16-2008, 07:12 PM
jon i would love to come down there and ride with ya man, we have family in emerald isle. they are always looking to spend time with zach:p funny how you have kids and you dont matter any more:blah:

You are welcome any time. We have a really nice inlaw apartment too so you don't have to feel like you are imposing. It is nice because it gives you a place to escape.

dan harris
11-17-2008, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
Dan,.. turn up the heat during Thanksgiving w/e please ..

we are planning on spending 3 or 4 days there ..weather permitting
We'll have the dining hall heated up, and serving a hot turkey dinner on Saturday. We also still have the big cabin available, it's heated and can sleep up to 18 people.

Tracks will be in great shape as long as they aren't snow covered. Thats always a great weekend to ride - "Send the women shopping and hit the tracks".

JJs450r
11-17-2008, 05:25 AM

i live 10 minutes from emerald isle and live an hour n 45 from ncmp

quad2xtreme
11-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i live 10 minutes from emerald isle and live an hour n 45 from ncmp

No excuses now Josh. You have family less than 2 hrs from NCMP. There is a track in Jacksonville and Elizabeth City too. There is one at Cow Branch too but it is way too technical for this quad rider. It isn't worth risking injury to hit those peaky, short landers.

XXX -rider
11-17-2008, 03:52 PM
We'll have the dining hall heated up, and serving a hot turkey dinner on Saturday. We also still have the big cabin available, it's heated and can sleep up to 18 people.

Tracks will be in great shape as long as they aren't snow covered. Thats always a great weekend to ride - "Send the women shopping and hit the tracks".

now I have to go find 17 women to join me ...:D

flyboy62
11-17-2008, 07:10 PM
my goal for next year is to be faster then rich the carpenter. he says i will be by next year:D i cant wait for winter to be over.

dan harris
11-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
now I have to go find 17 women to join me ...:D

If you get 17 women to come up and stay in the cabin with ya, then we'll let YOU stay free !!!

Keystone_Rider
11-18-2008, 07:46 PM
XXX-rider, i'm trying to help ya find 17 ladies for you to shack up with. I only found 2 for ya so far. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0zLrOp1-w

powermadd400ex
11-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Keystone_Rider
XXX-rider, i'm trying to help ya find 17 ladies for you to shack up with. I only found 2 for ya so far. Check them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0zLrOp1-w

DUDE that is WRONG!! :o :eek: :eek2: :scary:

Keystone_Rider
11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Hey, he never said 17 skinny ladies. a lady is a lady. big and small. he should have been specific. lol:D

quad2xtreme
11-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I think that counts as 6. :eek2: :eek2:

Keystone_Rider
11-18-2008, 10:21 PM
nope, that counts as 7. you missed that other jelly roll on one of the chicks.

dan harris
11-19-2008, 06:13 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0zLrOp1-w ....Ok you might only be able to have 8 women if thats what ya had in mind.

dan harris
11-19-2008, 06:18 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF0zLrOp1-w ....Ok you might only be able to have 8 women if thats what ya had in mind.

Keystone_Rider
11-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Dan, if those two ladies from youtube come, you better have an EMT on standby with a heavy duty prybar to get xxx-rider out of those compromising positions.:D

Les Davis
11-19-2008, 06:01 PM
I say bring em. I could always hide in a fat roll to stay warm on one of those cold Breezewood nights.

XXX -rider
11-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
I say bring em. I could always hide in a fat roll to stay warm on one of those cold Breezewood nights.

we'll leave that BIG chore up to Keystone_Rider,...they are not for me ...but he obvioulsy knows what he likes... :D

wvspeedfreak
11-19-2008, 06:35 PM
You guys ain't right.....especially you Les :huh

:D :p :D :p