PDA

View Full Version : 450r best exhaust

ridered1991
11-10-2008, 05:00 PM
I might be jumping the gun a little bit here haha but I'd like to get all my expenses calculated.

I'm probably going to get an exhaust and an air filter for my 450r and maybe an HRC kit eventually. I'm looking for an exhaust that is going to have a nice power boost, nice sound, but not ear piercing. Rossier looks like a good exhaust but I'm not sure how loud it is.

The other day we took the spark arrestor out of my friend's 350 raptor just to see how loud it was. I wouldn't wanna go much louder than 2 or 2 1/2 times louder than that was if that gives a good idea. BTW is it bad to run it with the arrestor out? It gives a nice boost but I wasn't sure on backpressure, I heard it frys the valves so we put it back in.

exrider12
11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Baffle out wont hurt anything when out as long as you rejet. But the best pipes are rossier, sparks, and dasa.

Im pretty sure sparks is out of the question and i think the rossier is loud to. You could get the 16" quiet dasa or get a quiet hmf.

jkulysses
11-10-2008, 05:40 PM
The venom would be perfect for you. All the power of the loud exhausts but not nearly as loud but still sounds awesome. You might even be happy with just the hrc kit if your on a budget.

esr250r86
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
curtis sparks :D

jkulysses
11-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
curtis sparks :D

That would be under the ear piercing category lol.

esr250r86
11-10-2008, 06:39 PM
haha they arent even that loud?!

S.A.J
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
i would definatly go dasa,the guy that did all work to both my 4wheelers is a dealer for curtis sparks exhaust,ron woods axhaust,and dasa exhaust.hes done a couple of sparks and some ron woods too i believe but he said that my 450r was the first bike that he put on a dasa exhaust and he's realy realyyy happy with it,he said it fit perfectly and he said it sounded REALY good and that he was more than happy with it.other customers had asked about it already too so yeah,i wouldnt go with anything else if i had the choice by the sounds of it(im sposed to get the 450r 2moro,he's gona finish it in the morning). just sayng what i heard,oh and it wins hands down in looks too,tiz awesome,
and the quality is next to none

BlaineKaiser450
11-10-2008, 08:00 PM
DASA FTW

S.A.J
11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
one more thing i forgot to mention is my 2nd cousin has a sparks on his yfz and i think hes on his 2nd or 3rd header and i got another friend that has one on his raptor660 and he got it coated and everything but it still gets rusted even though its coated idk mayb it they do that but i would have thought that if you pay$20 extra for the coating they put on it it shouldnt rust.one god thing though is that sparks did replace the headers for free i believe(idk he may have had to pay shiping,not sure) and yes theyre on the louder side

Seano300ex
11-11-2008, 10:07 AM
theres been sooooo many threads on this, everyone kno's to just go w/ Sparks! so u should getta sparks IMO. good luck

jkulysses
11-11-2008, 10:30 AM
Dasa, sparks and rossier are for sure the biggest power makers but he doesn't want ear piercing loud and after you add the quiet core to the sparks or dasa you just lost any power gains you might have had over the venom. The venom comes with a spark arrester and was designed for it so there is no power loss like what happens when you add a spark arrester and/or quiet core to the other systems. just my .02.

gwhunter350
11-12-2008, 09:32 PM
im looking for a similar exhaust to. Not super loud but great sounding. Damn hrc exhaust pops too much

gordon1072
11-13-2008, 10:08 PM
Did you ever think about the HMF Sport series? Sounded real good on my cannondale before I got rid of it...... Header pipe was a ****** but that was just the design of the quad

cableguy601
11-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Buy a helmet and a DASA. It is a little loud but you can't beat the performance.

Black R/T
11-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Curtis Sparks

mjc597
11-14-2008, 12:10 PM
my 04 has a DASA full system and you can't beat them. sound is awesome as well as the performance. it is a little loud, i bought the quiet core for mine just to see what it would be like. the quiet core made a noticable difference in sound, but i did lose some low end, i won't use the quiet core when i race but for trail rides i'll use it. my friend bought a Venom full exhaust and i have to say i love the sound and it's not as loud as my DASA. and for performance it runs right with the rest of us, my friends and i race in the same class and we're usually all over one another..if you don't want ear piercing sound, check out the Venom..

stallionrr
11-14-2008, 10:47 PM
my custom home-made pipe is pretty much the illest...

fultz416ex
11-15-2008, 09:30 AM
i got the LEXX pipe from RMATV. i wanted something with a little hit but not loud. if you are looking for a that, this is the pipe.