PDA

View Full Version : sUMMITT iNDOORS

Ryko racing
11-10-2008, 02:36 PM
is their any info for summitt indoors?? How is the mini quad turnout?? what classes do they run??

zach R 7x
11-10-2008, 07:58 PM
THE MINI QUAD TURN OUT FOR THE S- INDOORS IS GREAT . PRACTICE ON THURSDAY NIGHT , RACE SINGLE MOTO FORMAT ON FRI., PRACTICE SAT MORNING WITH QUALIFIER IN THE AFTERNOON . YOU MUST FINISH NO WORSE THAN 8TH TO RUN MAIN SAT. NIGHT . SUNDAY SAME AS FRI. WE RACED THERE THE LAST THREE YEARS .THE IS USSALLY 15-18 JR MINI AND SAME FOR SR IT IS VERY COMPETITIVE , ESPECIALLY IN THE 90 SR CLASS. JR CLASS IS AGES 7-9 [50-76CC] SR 10-15 [71-95CC] THEY WILL ONLY START EIGHT ON AGATE FO SAFTEY REASONS.IF U DECIDE TO GO PRE REGISTER ALOT CHEAPER AND YOU DON T HAVE TO STAND IN LINE FOR AN HOUR! YOU CAN DOWLOAD APPLICATION FROM CRA WEBSITE [WWW.RACECRA.ORG] JUST GO TO INDOORS DOWNLOAD. HOPE THIS HELPS

Ryko racing
11-11-2008, 07:33 AM
can we show up saturday am and get practice and racing??

i cannot get there friday.

drt18
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
YEA THAT WOULD BE FINE.

leadsled01
11-12-2008, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by zach R 7x
[B]CLASS IS AGES 7-9 [50-76CC] SR 10-15 [71-95CC] UOTE] I thought the CRA didn't care what cc or age you are. My son is 9 years old with a 90cc eton, will they let him run in the jr mini?? Jerry

Logan #34's Dad
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Well Leadsled, I doubt if they will. They are going to state saftey as the reason. "too young for a 90" If your gonna run CRA then I recommend you buy a fast 70cc and bolt it into your chassis. I would be a little nervous to have my 9yo out there with a 15yo BUT that is just my opinion. There are some VERY fast older kids in the CRA. Logan is now 10 and has to move up and I'm not too excited about it. I asked for the CRA to make the ages and classes the same as ATVA and you'd thought I was asking for a million dollars. I now have to get a 90cc quad for home races and run my 70cc for 2 more years in the ATVA. Gotta love it!

leadsled01
11-13-2008, 05:25 AM
I understand what you are saying. Especially about a 10 year old running with a 15 year old. Thats nuts...CRA governs Malvern race track but I thought a 9 year old could run a 90cc in the jr mini class... Am I correct???? Jerry

LT80
11-13-2008, 08:15 AM
""I asked for the CRA to make the ages and classes the same as ATVA and you'd thought I was asking for a million dollars.""

Now that right there is funny!!
I did the same thing in 1996. I was told that there was no reason to change the rules for the ama cuz the ama calls the CRA for rules.
We got into a debate about it and apparently I was taking too long. Lightening all of a sudden said: pass it or table it, we gotta get going. So they tabled it.
:D :D

Ryko racing
11-13-2008, 08:56 AM
IT SEEMS TO BE THE SAME IN EVERY STATE.. I CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THE RULES CANNOT BE MORE CONSISTANT.

HECK, WE EVEN HAVE DIFFERENT RULES AT OUR AMA ATVA RACES IN D -14.

I BELIEVE THAT THE RULES COMMITEE FOR THE ATVA TRYS TO MAKE THE CLASSES AS FAIR AS POSSIBLE..

IT IS INSANE TO THINK THAT SOMEONE IS GOING TO BUILD A SECOND 8 TO 10K QUAD TO RACE LOCALLY A FEW TIMES BECAUSE HIS DISTRICT WANTS TO BE DIFFERENT FROM THE REST OF THE COUNTRY. THE ATVA RULEBOOK IS STILL THE BEST AT SPLITTING CLASSES.HOPEFULLY OTHER CIRCUITS WILL AGREE AND HELP EVERYONE OUT.WE ENJOY RACING CRA AND ATVA BUT RARELY GO TO THE LOCAL RACES BECAUSE IT IS ALWAYS A BATTLE.

(IF WE ARE REALLY TRYING TO GROW THE SPORT WE NEED TO LET AS MANY KIDS RACE AS POSSIBLE). I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE CANNOT BE HAPPY ALL OF THE TIME BUT AS A LIFETIME RACER MYSELF I TOO UNDERSTAND THAT USUALLY THE BEST RIDERS WILL WIN NO MATTER WHAT. ( RULES ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO STOP THE BEST RIDERS FROM WINNING THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DETER CHEATING)
AS I SAID TO OUR CHAIRMAN " IT COSTS ABOUT 6K TO 8K TO BUILD A PRODUCTION LEGAL MINI QUAD, IF THAT IS NOT IN YOUR BUDGET THAT IS OKAY, BUT SOMEONE WITHIN THE RULES SHOULD NOT BE SHUT OUT IF THEY CHOOSE TO SPEND THE MONEY. RACING IN ANY FORM IS VERY EXPENSIVE AND THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE IT MORE AFFORDABLE IS TO GET LARGER NUMBERS OF RIDERS TO EACH EVENT. WITH THAT SAID USUALLY THE COMPETITION WILL GET TOUGHER THUS MAKING ALL OF THE RACERS BETTER FOR THE FUTURE.

AS AN EXAMPLE I HAVE SEEN TRACKS WHERE YOU CAN RACE AN AUTO CLUTCH TRX 125 IN THE 90 PROD CLASS, BUT YOU CANNOT RUN AN AUTO CLUTCH COBRA 70, SPLITTING THE CVTS AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL WAS LOGICAL BUT THE NUMBERS AT THE LOCAL LEVEL SEEM TO BE TOO LOW TO SPLIT THE CLASSES.(also a good cvt is very competititve if tuned properly)
ALSO MANY TRACKS HAVE NO CLASS FOR 70 OR 90 MODIFIEDS SO THAT LEAVES A LOT OF KIDS OUT. I AM NOT CRITICIZING THE PROMOTERS BUT I BELIEVE THAT WITH THE ECONOMIC CONDITIONS WE NEED TO TRY TO ACCOMODATE AS MANY KIDS AS WE CAN, OR OUR SPORT WILL DIE...

Logan #34's Dad
11-13-2008, 11:58 AM
...CRA governs Malvern race track but I thought a 9 year old could run a 90cc in the jr mini class... Am I correct???? Jerry [/B][/QUOTE]

Well Jerry, you can only have up to 76cc in the jr. mini class in the cra. NOW, noone will care unless you beat everyone OR beat the kid who's dad wants to win the championship in '09. Last year we had two kids run the Summit Indoors with engines over 95cc's in the Jr. class! Of course they were tore down and found illegal. HOWEVER - those riders only lost that days points. Big deal.
If it helps, there is a 70cc engine on Ebay that sounds strong for only $350.00. Buy it and get the track time. Under Drr or mini quad I believe. I think it's from an Eton too.
Rocky - Ohio

leadsled01
11-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
...CRA governs Malvern race track but I thought a 9 year old could run a 90cc in the jr mini class... Am I correct???? Jerry

Well Jerry, you can only have up to 76cc in the jr. mini class in the cra. NOW, noone will care unless you beat everyone OR beat the kid who's dad wants to win the championship in '09. Last year we had two kids run the Summit Indoors with engines over 95cc's in the Jr. class! Of course they were tore down and found illegal. HOWEVER - those riders only lost that days points. Big deal.
If it helps, there is a 70cc engine on Ebay that sounds strong for only $350.00. Buy it and get the track time. Under Drr or mini quad I believe. I think it's from an Eton too.
Rocky - Ohio [/B][/QUOTE] I saw that on ebay too. But I just don't have that kind of money at the moment. Will a 70cc jug bolt to my 90cc cases? If not I'll just lie and say its a 70. I hate to do that but under the circumstances what else can I do? Jerry

Ryko racing
11-13-2008, 01:06 PM
We want to race at the Summitt Indoors in the sr quad class.

Can we run a 70 cc or 80 cc Cobra with a foot shift and an automatic clutch ??? ( Atva says it is 90 prodution legal)

MXfun
11-13-2008, 01:49 PM
If not I'll just lie and say its a 70. I hate to do that but under the circumstances what else can I do?

It would be more fair to the kids if you lie and say he is 10, to run against other 90's.

rookiewrench
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
You should be able to run your cobra in the 90 class with the auto shifter according to the rules but you better run the 80 motor or you will be protested for to small of a motor. Trust me they will protest for that.

I would be careful about trying to circumvent the rules for an extended period of time because it has gotten physical between parents in the past. When I would race my cluch cobra I let everyone know before and let them know I was not in it for the points and then everyone was fine.

Rocky can attest to how competitive the parents are in the cra, the kids are great its the parents you have to worry about. This info. is from what I have heard over the years.

zach R 7x
11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Rocky, thanks for bring up bad memories!i was trying to forget that dumb mistake! javascript:smilie(':D') Jerry, if you have stock 42mm crank in your 90 motor you could slap a 47.6 mm cyl and piston on it and be leagal [comes out to 74. something]. i did it last year and we ran very well in the indoors with it. as far as the protest i can tell you first hand that if you come and run a 90 in the jr class and win or be real competitive you will get protested. and to be protested in the cra is a joke because they do not even have the tools to tech the motors ! we got protested and they could not figure it out and had to call Rich Hetric to figure it out! the cra is alot of fun but i also do not agree with the age limit rules . my son has to move up to a 90 next year and i had the same dilema that Rocky has . i could not afford two quads so we are going to a90 and and we will do the same when we run any nationals this year .

zach R 7x
11-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Rocky, what cc was jeremy ledonne on when he ran summit last year on his cobra in the 90 class? i thought someone said it was a70cc. but he was 10 years old and to old for jr class. tim

Ryko racing
11-13-2008, 06:28 PM
was he competitive on the 70 cobra against the 90's.

i believe his 70 was a 50 bored to a 70 with a auto trans.

ours is a 70 or 80 cc with a foot shifter with the auto clutch. i wish someone from cra would respond to my emails so we can be sure.

As far as the parents go, we race everywhere Nationals, locals, indoors etc, we have seen many parents that get out of control if their child doesnt win.(it is sad)

As i said in my other post 99 PERCENT OF THE TIME THE BEST RIDER IS GOING TO WIN, SO LETS JUST LET THE KIDS RACE AND SEE WHO IS THE BEST. ( ITS FUNNY, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE KIDS FIGHTING AND ARGUING AFTER THE MOTOS IN THE PITS, USUALLY THEY GET THEIR BMX BIKES OUT AND GO JUMP TOGETHER)

NOW THATS A LESSON FOR US ALL.

leadsled01
11-14-2008, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by zach R 7x
Jerry, if you have stock 42mm crank in your 90 motor you could slap a 47.6 mm cyl and piston on it and be leagal [comes out to 74. something]. . Thanks! I'm still a rookie at this mini quad thing. Jerry

leadsled01
11-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by MXfun
It would be more fair to the kids if you lie and say he is 10, to run against other 90's. I see your point, but this is my sons first race and the quad is almost stock. Having my 9 year old run his almost stock quad against 15 year olds with highly modified quads is just nuts IMHO. Just to be legal I will be installing the smaller piston and jug like was mentioned. Thanks to all who replied!!

MXfun
11-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by leadsled01
I see your point, but this is my sons first race and the quad is almost stock. Having my 9 year old run his almost stock quad against 15 year olds with highly modified quads is just nuts IMHO. Just to be legal I will be installing the smaller piston and jug like was mentioned. Thanks to all who replied!!

I have seen the CRA put an older kid (8-9 year old) on a 90 in with 4-6 yr old 50 class because it was a "Beginner" class. The out of control 90 ended up flipping several times and hitting a 4 year old a 50. Is that safer for the 4 year old?

I agree with you, I would not want my 9 year old in that situation either. I commend you for trying to follow the rules and not making it unfair for the little ones who deserve to be given fair and safe competition to race against. Protests and relying on the CRA (or any other organization) to catch cheaters is not the way it should be.

zach R 7x
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
jeremy was real competitive last year . if i remember right he struggled with the hole shot against all the cvt s so he would have to work his way up though the pack. he was real fast but summit is small track with alot of corners and it seamed like his cobra laged in the corners enough that he could not reel the cvt quads in .i do think he finished in the top three all weekend though,you can go to cra site and check out standings and see were he finished.

Ryko racing
11-21-2008, 08:20 AM
Inspeaking with CRA THE RULES STATE THAT IT MUST BE A PRODUCTION QUAD WITH AN AUTOMATIC CLUTCH OR TRANS.
( IT MUST IDLE IN GEAR) BUT IT HAS TO MATCH THE CC OF THE CLASS SO I CANNOT RUN MY ETC 70 COBRA BUT I CAN RUN MY ETC 80CC COBRA IN SR MINI QUAD.

RYAN IS GETTING BORED SITTING AT HOME SO I TOLD HIM WE WILL BE AT THE SUMMIT INDOORS AND HE WAS HAPPY.
WELL, I BETTER GET TO WORK WELDING HIS FRAMES BECAUSE I HEAR THE JUMPS ARE BIG.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING AND PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS.