PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm Skidplates

Blizzard24
11-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Does anyone have any idea which swingarm skidplate offers the most clearance for the DS450. I have the DS450X and trashed the rear skid the first day out because it hangs down WAAAYYYYY too far.

Pro Armor
DG
PRM
UM
??????

SOMEBODY needs to come out with a sprocket/rotor guard for these things

younggun95
11-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Motoworks has a really cool guard. They said they will start selling them soon. Not sure if you can buy them yet. Maybe Johnny will chime in.
I have two different hanging skid plates. I didn't pay much attention to the clearance though. The Ricochet skid plate was a lot thicker and appeared stronger than the BRP. But the design of the chain guide sucks on the Ricochet. Forced the chain into the sprocket and ruined a sprocket by wearing one side. Also the welds started cracking in my first ride and I didn't even know I was hitting that many rocks. No problems with the brp yet, but havent used it anywhere with many rocks.

Flynbryan19
11-10-2008, 01:10 PM
PRM and Pro-Armor are by far the best skids out there. They both always tuck tight to the swingarm with little wasted gap.

race proven
11-11-2008, 07:28 AM
A company called x factor in lake elsinore makes a nice one too.He did alot of testing with the can-am team.

atvlover
11-13-2008, 09:40 AM
This is Johnny with Motoworks. X-Factor makes all of our skids. They work great. We also make a brake guard for our bikes. We do not offer them yet to the public. We will have one soon for sale.

Blizzard24
11-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Johnny, could you PM me a price for your clutch basket?