PDA

View Full Version : REED VAVLE? Opinions please!!!!!!!!

99banshee
11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Ok i got an 03 shee and if you read my signature at the bottom thats basically whats done to my motor. What i'm wondering is do you think me running stocks reeds is killing my power? Would it help me to put more reeds in it if nothing is wrong with the stock ones? If i should put more in it which ones should i get? THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohiobanshee
11-11-2008, 12:49 PM
On a stock port motor with stock size carbs I like boysen rad valves,ported motors I would go with v force 3's.

99banshee
11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Well i have got the exhaust and intakes ported but i am running stock carbs with big jets in them. Really the only thing stock on the motor is the reed vavles so thats why I am wondering if i am killing the power or not being the reeds are the only thing stock on it.

ohiobanshee
11-11-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd go with the rad valve. They will give you better throttle response,and a ton more mid range power. If you plan on going to bigger carbs later get the v force,because the rad valves inlet is the same size as your stock carb.

99banshee
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Ok cool thats why i asked i didnt know the rad was the same size as stock. I had a 99 shee with pyramid reed vavles in it! Have you ever heard anything about them?

martimatt550
11-12-2008, 11:47 PM
hey my personal opinion is that 15 front is killing your power!!!!!!!! drop that bad boy down and tie yourself on!!!!!!!:macho :macho unless you are running tons of long straightaways drop that sucker down a tooth or 2.........on the reeds, most all aftermarkets will give you great performance increase .... I like Vforce3's....

99banshee
11-13-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by martimatt550
hey my personal opinion is that 15 front is killing your power!!!!!!!! drop that bad boy down and tie yourself on!!!!!!!:macho :macho unless you are running tons of long straightaways drop that sucker down a tooth or 2.........on the reeds, most all aftermarkets will give you great performance increase .... I like Vforce3's.... For the type of riding i do the 15 is great. To be honest i want to change it to a 16. I love the speed
:devil: